RSS and/or Facebook App for GC.com

Uncopyrighted

It seems like it would not be hard to add an RSS feed to the My Logs section.

With this, one would be able to see all their friends' updates in an RSS feed reader.

Also, if feeds are enabled on this page then a Facebook app could be designed to post updates any time you log a find. Perhaps this app could include settings on whether to include DNFs, Notes, TBs, Benchmarks, or changes to your watchlist or Friends list.

Ideally, Geocaching.com would develop this app and enable it with a simple "Link to Facebook" like other popular sites have done (Livestrong.com, Netflix.com, etc), but with RSS feeds on the appropriate page any script kiddie could whip something up pretty quickly.

It would be legen...dary.

Also, if feeds are enabled on this page then a Facebook app could be designed to post updates any time you log a find. Perhaps this app could include settings on whether to include DNFs, Notes, TBs, Benchmarks, or changes to your watchlist or Friends list.

One of my friends on Facebook was on a cache run one weekend recently. They were logging every cache they found via Twitter, so every little micro they found was being posted. Over and over and over. And over. Every ten minutes or so. It got old very quickly and blocked everyone else. I am now blocking their feed. They are still on my friends list, but if I want to see what they are doing, then I will go to their profile instead of having them plug up my News Feed page. Now I can see what everyone else is doing again. I think this would be a bad idea overall. I don't need to see every cache you find immediately. If I want to know, I will go to your profile page here and look at your finds.