Windshield and handlebar mount for Garmin 60 series

I am interested in the pair. How would I pay, are you willing to send to Okinawa Japan?

Thanks,

Bryant

I have a suction cup windshield and bike handlebar mount for sale. These fit the 60/60C/60CS/60Cx/60CSx handheld receivers.

60csx-4.jpg

There is one cradle to go with both mounts so I won't separate them.

Asking $25 for the pair.

Thanks for looking!

I purchased these mounts from this seller, and I received them today. ;)

I assumed, that these items were new in the package from the picture that was posted. BUT, they were used, and put back into the original package for the picture. :huh:

The items are in good used condition, but I failed to confirm with the seller as to if they were new or used. <_<

The moral of my story.............................NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING, always get a "confirmation" on the condition of items you purchase from someone on the web!!!!!!! :)

The moral of my story.............................NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING, always get a "confirmation" on the condition of items you purchase from someone on the web!!!!!!! :blink:[/size]

Hmmm. You're right! The photo sure implies that they are "new". How many people keep the destructive packaging these days? Thanks for the warning for future purchases.

I forgot to mention one other thing!!!!

Before I commited myself to purchase this from the seller, I requested a quote for shipping to my postal code, he quoted me $14 for shipping. I then sent a counter offer to the seller for $35 shipping included!!! Seller agreed to my offer, and I paid for the items via PayPal.

When I received the package today, the shipping label stated that shipping was ONLY $3.81 :blink:

Woah, what?

It's always nice when someone who has questions or concerns about a transaction posts on a public forum before contacting the seller via e-mail (like every previous contact before the sale).

I did not represent the items offered as new in any way shape or form. In fact, since I pointed out that there was only one cradle between the two mounts it should have been rather obvious that they were either used or at least opened (you can also see where the plastic was cut open in the picture). Regardless, the buyer never asked.

With regard to shipping, I informed the customer of the estimated cost that I received from the USPS web site. He offered a lower total price and I accepted. The fact that the final cost ended up being less has no bearing on that. The buyer never researched shipping on their own and chose to offer what he did. That is something I cannot control.

I've been selling items on-line for more than 20 years and everyone who has ever dealt with me knows I am an honest and conscientious seller. However, I can only be responsible for myself, not for a buyers failure to fully research and consider their purchase.

Woah, what?

It's always nice when someone who has questions or concerns about a transaction posts on a public forum before contacting the seller via e-mail (like every previous contact before the sale).

I did not represent the items offered as new in any way shape or form. In fact, since I pointed out that there was only one cradle between the two mounts it should have been rather obvious that they were either used or at least opened (you can also see where the plastic was cut open in the picture). Regardless, the buyer never asked.

With regard to shipping, I informed the customer of the estimated cost that I received from the USPS web site. He offered a lower total price and I accepted. The fact that the final cost ended up being less has no bearing on that. The buyer never researched shipping on their own and chose to offer what he did. That is something I cannot control.

I've been selling items on-line for more than 20 years and everyone who has ever dealt with me knows I am an honest and conscientious seller. However, I can only be responsible for myself, not for a buyers failure to fully research and consider their purchase.

The questions I asked myself when I received the items are:

(1) "WHY WOULD AN HONEST SELLER PUT USED ITEMS BACK IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND OFFER THEM FOR SALE AND NOT CLEARLY STATE THAT THEY ARE USED?" :blink:

(2) "WHY WOULD AN HONEST SELLER NOT CONTACT A BUYER WHEN A SHIPPING CHARGE WAS $10 "LESS" THAN THE QUOTED PRICE, AND OFFER THE BUYER A REFUND FOR THE OVERPAYMENT?" :blink:

Original image removed by admin, because it includes personal addresses.

Edited by Keystone

Whoa! Hold on, Cowboys.

OTR, I cannot see where the packages were opened. Without knowing the product intimately, and not knowing the OEM content, I assumed they were new, and would have jumped at purchasing them, except that I saw the ad too late. It wouldn't be the first time that Garmin sold a lot of air in their packaging. I too would have felt slightly cheated thinking I paid for a new item when in fact it was used. Then again, I would have gotten a pretty good price and if the items are in as good of shape as Randall indicates, then I would feel okay that I got a good bargain.

Randall, he did not overcharge you for shipping, in my opinion. The fellow did have to go to the post office and stand in line. That can easily take an average of half an hour, if they are not so busy. Longer if they are. His time is worth something. Then, gasoline expense driving to the P.O. This is standard on-line auction procedure. Very, very rarely will someone only charge the exact amount of what shipping cost. Supplies and time are factored into the shipping cost. That is why it is commonly called, "shipping and handling".

I suggest and recommend you guys take your dispute off-line, lest you get banned from this forum by the moderators.

MY SYNOPSIS................................

IMO, the items I purchased from this seller were not accurately depicted in the picture, and I was overcharged for shipping!

This is 100% MY fault for "ASSUMING THE ITEMS WERE NEW IN THE PACKAGE" and not getting a confirmation on the condition of the items before I agreed to make my purchase from "THIS SELLER"!

This is NOT my first online purchase from a private party, and it will not be my last! I will just do a better job of keeping the honest people honest in the future!!!! And I will make most (if not all) my online purchases through Ebay, where there is more accountability for my purchases through Ebay's policies & feedback system.

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for 2 years now, and I have 100% positive feedback for my selling transactions! I ACCURATELY describe my items I am selling, I only charge actual shipping costs, and NO handling fees to my buyers. And the few times I have overestimated, and overcharged for shipping, I automaticly refunded the difference back to the buyer!!!

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...eedbackAsSeller

Anyhow, we can all learn from my experience. It is like the old saying.........."BUYER BEWARE"...........if it sounds like too good of a deal, then it is probably not as it seems!!!!

Edited by Xlobsterman

As distasteful as this is, I feel that I have no choice but to reply.

The items were placed in the original packaging (that I kept for this very purpose) to increase their resale value. It seems pretty straightforward to me but then again, sales is my business. I did not state the status or condition of the items (like I normally would for something electronic like a GPSr) because it simply didn't occur to me. I thought it was quite obvious that the items were used or opened since I made a point to mention that there was only one cradle for both mounts. I also figured that any interested party would ask those sort of questions if they desired.

Your logic on the shipping dazzles me. You were perfectly comfortable negotiating my price down from what I e-mailed you but you are now having a cow that I was able to ship it for less and make that money back (not counting the time and effort on my part to ship your package and get it out the very next day). I wonder what you would have done if, after we'd reached a deal, I contacted you and said the shipping was more than I expected and asked for more money? I'm pretty sure I know the answer. The point is, once you negotiate a deal, the deal is done. If you become unhappy with your deal making, it should be taken as a lesson for personal improvement in the future.

I'm glad that you've been on eBay for two years and have 100% positive feedback. As I already mentioned, I've been selling items on-line for more than 20 years. If it's important to you, I've also been selling items on eBay for more than 10 years and I too have a 100% positive feedback rating. It's clear that you are not familiar with the normal workings of commerce.

Your synopsis has one thing correct... your predicament is 100% your fault. You made a deal, became unhappy with the terms and decided to post a public complaint in an attempt to harm my reputation as a seller. The sad thing is that if you'd actually looked for a resolution by contacting me privately I probably would have made an attempt to accommodate you and address your concerns. Instead, you posted publicly, claimed it was your fault but... buyer beware from "This seller".

Looking around, these two items new seem to sell for somewhere around $52 USD from Canadian sellers (not counting shipping) so your assertion that "If it sounds like too good of a deal, then it is probably not as it seems!!!" sounds somewhat hollow. Or like sour grapes. Or both.

I'm finished with this matter. Please enjoy your items and good luck with your future on-line transactions. Just keep in mind that after seeing displays like this, sometimes the sellers will beware as well.

OK.................I must be extreemly STUPID, but I am having a realy hard time understanding your rationale that I was supposed to know that these items were USED just because there were 2 mounts for one cradle??????? ;)

Now, IMO if you have been selling online as much as you say you have, you should be much better at quoting more accurate shipping charges for your transactions! I have only been doing it for 2 years, but I am fairly good at it, and it is like I stated before, if I charge way too much for shipping I automaticly refund the overpayment to MY buyers!!! That is just good business! :D

So you say you have been selling on Ebay for 10 years with 100% positive feedback, let's see a link to your Ebay feedback profile, so we can all see what a great seller you are!!! :D