Comparing these two maps are confusing

SkellyCA

Maybe someone can shed some light?

looking at google maps...

Northern most cache ~ Antzzz( GCGF33 )

Southern most Cache ~ Sunol View( GC1P23V )

Directly to the south you can see Main Street Sunol

Directly to the east is Highway 680

The confusion...

Between these two caches google maps show no park, just roads

The Pleasanton Ridge Park Map shows a park with trails and only two roads, Foothill on the east and KillKare on the west.

So...Do I hike to these caches or drive my truck? The cache pages indicate a hike. So what happend on google maps?

Maybe someone can shed some light?

looking at google maps...

Northern most cache ~ Antzzz( GCGF33 )

Southern most Cache ~ Sunol View( GC1P23V )

Directly to the south you can see Main Street Sunol

Directly to the east is Highway 680

The confusion...

Between these two caches google maps show no park, just roads

The Pleasanton Ridge Park Map shows a park with trails and only two roads, Foothill on the east and KillKare on the west.

So...Do I hike to these caches or drive my truck? The cache pages indicate a hike. So what happend on google maps?

I would go with google maps. If you switch to satellite view you can see that there are houses in what appears to be a park in the PDF. Most likely the pdf map is outdated, pictures (Sats) don't lie. I say if you can drive in, drive in and save the hiking for the caches above.

v/r

O-Mega

I don't go to Pleasanton Ridge very often (probably 3 times in the 15+ years I've been living here) but I don't recall any public road you can drive through the park. Google maps regarding regional parks is not terribly accurate (for example, Sunol Regional Wilderness does not exist, according to Google, and the trails are incomplete for Dry Creek).

Hopefully someone who has been there recently can give you the definitive answer.

Those are trails on the Google map Foohill, Kilkare and Main are streets. Most of those trails are fire roads and I have seen the EBRP crew driving up or down them, but you have to walk up. It's about a 500-600 ft climb to the top of the ridge,

Usually if it's narrower and doesn't have a name, it's a trail.