Heads-up: Staged, Permissioned Explosion Near Key Bridge in

Vinny & Sue Team

Folks, as part of the unveiling of my new Psycho Urban Cache #15 - DC Psychosis, there will be a controlled simulated explosion of a large incendiary device (i.e., explosive device) by a visual effects production contractor on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 between 9:30 a.m. and 12 noon near the Key Bridge in Washington, DC. The controlled explosion will produce a 20 to 30 foot fireball that will last for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, and may, under some circumstances, be visible from up to 2.5 miles away. Persons in the immediate area may also notice a significant amount of helicopter activity in the area at the same time, largely to facilitate filming of the event by film crews for the Psycho Urban Cache production company. Several film crews will be deployed on street level as well, for much the same purpose.

As you can likely imagine, all necessary permissions have been obtained from authorities, and, among others, the Department of Homeland Security, D.C. Police, D.C. Fire department, DC Emergency Services, the Washington Airports Authority, Virginia State Patrol and Arlington Police Department have been contacted and are fully aware of this simulated exercise. In addition, large tenants of commercial buildings in the area, along with their employees, have already been notified of this event.

The purpose of the simulated demonstration explosion will be to illustrate to prospective finders of PUC #15 (that is, once it has been published), the explosion that will take place if a prospective finder fails to follow the exact directions on the cache page for accessing and opening the cache container, which has been booby-trapped with a small-yield explosive device as an anti-muggle and anti-pirate measure, and to increase the "Wow" factor as well as Difficulty/Terrain rating of the cache.

Have fun!

Edited by Global Moderator to remove foul slanderous nasty statements about Sioneva (a Nebraska geocacher.)

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

<SNIP>

Have fun!

Edited by Global Moderator to remove foul slanderous nasty statements about Sioneva (a Nebraska geocacher.)

*SQUINT*

Thou shalt not take the name of the Sioneva in vain.

Neither shall you levy foul slanderous nasty statements against her.

You know the usual penalty. Fork over the cash.

<SNIP>

Have fun!

*SQUINT*

No. Not till you log finds on ALL of my Psycho Urban Caches. Period.

Further Update:

The simulated staged explosion will take place on the Potomac River just north of the Key Bridge and Jack's Boathouse (K / Water Street, NW under the Whitehurst Freeway). In the scene to be filmed, there will be six (6) sculling boats on the Potomac River and one of them will be blown up. In order to prevent onlooker geocachers from using the site of the simulated explosion as a clue to the location of the final stage of PUC #15, the simulated explosion will be staged at least one city block from the actual hide site, which is located along the same river.

<SNIP>

Have fun!

*SQUINT*

Sure, I can go do that... right now.

<SNIP>

Have fun!

*SQUINT*

AAARRRGGGH!

WHY ARE YOU SOOO EVIL????

WERE YOU SENT BY SATAN TO TORMENT ME?

AAARRRGGGHH!

This same thing was posted to another forum I belong to this morning, for Photographers. You might end up with a bunch of people there taking pictures.

Yes, the local media (i.e., newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, etc.) are reporting that the DC Film Office (which sanctions and permits such events) has announced that they expect over a thousand "photo tourists" to flock to the Georgetown/M Street area from afar just to film the simulated explosion! The local TV news reports have been chirping about it for days!

<SNIP>

Have fun!

*SQUINT*

AAARRRGGGH!

WHY ARE YOU SOOO EVIL????

WERE YOU SENT BY SATAN TO TORMENT ME?

AAARRRGGGHH!

Flattery will get you nowhere...

I have dutifully logged your caches.