Does anyone know why

some people pick up their dog's poo in a plastic bag and then throw the bag+poo into the nearest hedge? :antenna: To me it seems an absolutely bizarre thing to do, but I have come across it so often - half a dozen times on yesterdays walk - that some people must think it makes sense? Am I missing some legal, environmental, recycling, public hygiene, etiquette or something-or-other point that says that if you are going to leave your dogs poo lying around then it is better to put it in a placcy bag first?

I know: it's because they know they have to bag it up, but then their limited intellect kicks in and they think that's the end of their responsibility. They are tossers of the highest order. Some may make the excuse that they intend to return for it later, but this is codswallop. It would be better just to leave it in the first place. If ever I see anyone doing this, I'm going to put the contents in their car/letterbox.

some people pick up their dog's poo in a plastic bag and then throw the bag+poo into the nearest hedge? :antenna: To me it seems an absolutely bizarre thing to do, but I have come across it so often - half a dozen times on yesterdays walk - that some people must think it makes sense? Am I missing some legal, environmental, recycling, public hygiene, etiquette or something-or-other point that says that if you are going to leave your dogs poo lying around then it is better to put it in a placcy bag first?

OMG I was only moaning about exactly the same thing on Saturday when we were walking around Windsor Great Park - lovely surroundings covered in bagged up doggy do's hanging on trees

No excuse at all, take it home. We always used to when we had our dog, we had a 'dog loo' installed in the back garden and used to simply drop the bio-degradable bags in there and let the lot degrade in there.

Some even use the excuse 'he/she was running around and I didn't see it happen' well keep it on the lead until it has done it and then let it run but DO NOT leave the s###e for others to tread in okay. :antenna::antenna:

Edited by DrDick&Vick

last year on a visit to Watersmeet (NT property) near Lynmouth, there were signs advising dog owners to just flick the dog turds off any path or likely path and into the undergrowth, yet there were still dangling bags of crap hanging from bushes.. :antenna:

As a cacher who is normally accompanied by a dog while caching, I totally agree, it's disgraceful. I actually did a cache a few weeks ago, and I counted (yes I really did count them) 12 "poo bags" within 3m of the cache, not pleasant.

I carry a lock n lock box, in which I place the offending material after collecting it in a bag, it's nice and sealed up and I can put it in my rucksack until I find a more appropriate place to dispose of it.

I'd like to add that at no point am I planning to use the aforementioned tupperware for a cache :-)

I carry a lock n lock box, in which I place the offending material after collecting it in a bag, it's nice and sealed up and I can put it in my rucksack until I find a more appropriate place to dispose of it.

don't get the boxes mixed up with your sarnies :antenna:

Would it be nice if every dog owner could do this .

http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/localenv/dogs/owner.htm

" Going on command: Once your puppy can use the garden, you need to train him to go on command there so he won't foul in undesirable places.

Use a commend word such as "clean" or "busy" just as he is about to go to the toilet. Always use the same tone of voice and praise him when he has finished.

Ideally your dog should be trained to "go at home", "

This is one of my pet hates also - particularly when they chuck them in the hedge and they just hang there at eye level....yeuch!

Lack of bins may be a problem, but if they are responsible enough to take the bags and pick up the little bundle of joy in the first place, what's to hinder them just taking it home.

On my lunchtime walk yesterday, it was very windy....I came to one part of the walk and there were 3 or 4 little coloured bags of poo all over the path. I think the wind must have blown them out of the branches and onto the path.......lovely!

This is one of my pet hates also - particularly when they chuck them in the hedge and they just hang there at eye level....yeuch!

Lack of bins may be a problem, but if they are responsible enough to take the bags and pick up the little bundle of joy in the first place, what's to hinder them just taking it home.

On my lunchtime walk yesterday, it was very windy....I came to one part of the walk and there were 3 or 4 little coloured bags of poo all over the path. I think the wind must have blown them out of the branches and onto the path.......lovely!

Must be the new national 'in' thing, those dodgy doggie bags are hanging everywhere.

There's a path out near us that has signs up saying they don't mind you flicking the poo into the bushes (pointint out that this is good fertilizer for them) or bagging the poo and taking it home, just don't bag it and throw it.

Probably just another case of people Not Thinking.