A new problem logging into the forums

fox-and-the-hound

On two of my computers I can log in just fine. On two others it tells me I need to enter my name and password. I do so and then it tells me it's not valid and ask me to go to a Registration link. The link doesn't work either. Is this a cookie problem or something? It's obviously not universal, but linked to certain computers. Anybody run into this yet?

This happened to me once quite some time ago. It turned out that when I log into the site, I used a capital Z in my name but the first time I logged into the forums, I was logged in with a lower case z.

Try all lower case.

Nope, not cookies either. The odd thing is that it auto-loads my name and password for the geocaching.com site, but not for the forum site even though both have the same user name and password. :)

Actually it auto-loads for both, but only lets me onto the geocaching.com site.

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Nope, not cookies either. The odd thing is that it auto-loads my name and password for the geocaching.com site, but not for the forum site even though both have the same user name and password. :)

Actually it auto-loads for both, but only lets me onto the geocaching.com site.

Have you tried re-entering the forums through the main site?

If so, I'd try changing your avatar or signature or something similar then 'registering the change' and see if that helps.

Hello fox_and_the_hound,

I've had the same problem until some minutes ago!

I found out that using the password in all lowercase helped me log in ( I have some uppercase in it). The nickname (as one can see) is all lowercase.

But another account for group activities still cannot get logged in, and it has an all lowercase password, but the nick contains uppercase and underscore characters.

Edited by bevema

Update to the update:

Another Group_account of me (for setting up events) has an underscore in te nickname, and it still cannot log in.

Can anybody else with underscores or special chars in the nickname verify or falsify this? Maybe the "-" in fox's name causes the problem?