Geocaching is keeping you from doing.....

Ok, since we have become avid geocachers, Dan (Merrader) and I have noticed that we are out exercising more (which we BOTH NEED) however, between work and college, some things around the house have slacked off. So I decided to start this thread and see what some of the responses are - What has geocaching kept you from doing?

Geocaching has kept us from doing: fixing a broken belt on the spare car in case its needed; thoroughly fixing the small leak in the roof so that it won't occasionally leak (this is the worst one! This shoulda been a priority for Merrader!!! :blink: ); and visiting family that won't come geocaching with us when they want us to come sit inside on the gorgeous days when we don't want to be inside. Some may think our priorities are screwed up, however fellow avid geocachers will understand the addiction and newness of the sport!

So, what has geocaching on the gorgeous days of the season kept you from?

lets see.... goecaching keeps me from:

cleaning

the pool, filters,

patio,

kitchen,

livingroom,

bathroom,

front yard, back yard,

the car, the jeep,

the trailer,

the boat,

the floors,

the BBQ grill,

the laundry,

my bedroom,

the dog, the cat, ....

the only thing GEOCACHING DOES'T keep me from doing is....... organizing my geocaching stuff!

Ok, since we have become avid geocachers, Dan (Merrader) and I have noticed that we are out exercising more (which we BOTH NEED) however, between work and college, some things around the house have slacked off. So I decided to start this thread and see what some of the responses are - What has geocaching kept you from doing?

Geocaching has kept us from doing: fixing a broken belt on the spare car in case its needed; thoroughly fixing the small leak in the roof so that it won't occasionally leak (this is the worst one! This shoulda been a priority for Merrader!!! :blink: ); and visiting family that won't come geocaching with us when they want us to come sit inside on the gorgeous days when we don't want to be inside. Some may think our priorities are screwed up, however fellow avid geocachers will understand the addiction and newness of the sport!

school,shores,playing with the geodog... (but shes a GEO dog she gets exercise :anitongue: ),eating,drinking,using the bathroom,sleeping. and... what are we talking about? :anitongue: Oh yeah,looking at cache difficulty ratings, terrain ratings (WORST!) um... that's about it. see? not much its keeping me from doing! :anibad:

Oooh, this is a good topic!

I have neglected getting back to work on time from lunchbreaks because I went out to find a cache

have purchased caching supplies and stuff online instead of actually working

have created and organized my caching binder instead of working

I have stayed up late on the Groundspeak forums instead of sleeping

I have wandered away from roleplaying games to find a nearby cache

I have gotten to dinner dates with friends late because of caching

I have arrived home late by over an hour at times due to caching or caching related shopping trips...

Hmm.... Oh!

I have neglected putting money in my vacation fund because I spent all my money on caching

I have accidentally not been able to pay small bills, like my spare cell phone, because I spent money on caching..

I think that's it, for now...

:blink:

I have two longhaired dogs that go caching with us and well... *looks at floor*

I might be able to hide a micro on my livingroom floor if they keep bringing the woods back to the house.

I really really need to vacuum and mop...

And studying! I have exams coming up in a few weeks. Oh and since spring is coming I need to fix the garden table. I brought one home last fall with all intentions of fixing it up and giving it a nice coat of paint but I haven't touched it since then.

I don't need any additional reasons to avoid housework. So here is what Geocaching keeps me from doing:

1. Staying indoors on pretty days.

2. Driving straight through on long trips.

3. Being blind to parks, views, history, and other attractions in my own back yard.

That's enough for me to keep at it.

Wow!! All that in only two weeks? You GO girl!

:antenna:

Oooh, this is a good topic!

I have neglected getting back to work on time from lunchbreaks because I went out to find a cache

have purchased caching supplies and stuff online instead of actually working

have created and organized my caching binder instead of working

I have stayed up late on the Groundspeak forums instead of sleeping

I have wandered away from roleplaying games to find a nearby cache

I have gotten to dinner dates with friends late because of caching

I have arrived home late by over an hour at times due to caching or caching related shopping trips...

Hmm.... Oh!

I have neglected putting money in my vacation fund because I spent all my money on caching

I have accidentally not been able to pay small bills, like my spare cell phone, because I spent money on caching..

I think that's it, for now...

:antenna:

What has it kept me from doing?

Geocaching has kept me from neglecting my kids by sitting in front of my computer working too many hours every day instead of doing something with them.

Geocaching has prevented me from working on other hobbies in the garage when the kids are stuck in the house wishing we would go out somewhere.

Geocaching has prevented me from gaining weight because of the above, (down two notches in my belt).

Geocaching has prevented me from missing out on the natural beauty of the seasons effect on our parks.

Geocaching has kept me from staying home to watch some lame summer TV rerun when I could be at the Grand Canyon with my kids - SO WHAT if it's like 800 miles away?

Geocaching has prevented me from enjoying boredom, stagnation, innui, suffering seasonal affective disorder and so many others that I just dont have time to worry about anymore because I'd rather go caching :antenna:

So... I'm wondering.. What has geocaching allowed you to do?