Speedy Publishing

Just got to send reviewer erik88l-r a big thank you.

Here I was in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates - logging a new cache - and expecting the normal 1 to 6 hour process for cache logging - when it gets published under my nose while I'm still trying to check spelling and delete an Arab word or two.!!!

Submitted at 13h26 local - published at 13h33 local time

SEVEN - yep - 7 minutes later.

Thanks for thee record. :blink:

Just got to send reviewer erik88l-r a big thank you.

Here I was in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates - logging a new cache - and expecting the normal 1 to 6 hour process for cache logging - when it gets published under my nose while I'm still trying to check spelling and delete an Arab word or two.!!!

Submitted at 13h26 local - published at 13h33 local time

SEVEN - yep - 7 minutes later.

Thanks for thee record. :blink:

Lucky you!!

I sent our first off to the reviewer on Friday. Still hasn't been published 72 odd hours later.

Very nervous and excited, so I hope it happens soon...

Got you both beat... Mtn-Man once published one of mine in under five minutes! It listed so fast I thought it was a glitch in the system!

I've had several of my 50+ listings published by Mtn-Man, Erik-LR88 or HoneyChile in less than 15 minutes.

I don't think any have ever taken the allotted 72 hours.

Now that's service!

or I am not offering enough of a challenge :blink:

Hi TaylorBrats, I took a look at your cache. You might want to read this knowledgebase article , and this one. Good luck!

Hi palmetto. Thanks for taking a look.

I was reasonably confident we'd covered everything.

Hadn't listed the additional waypoints, cos I kind of thought it defeats the purpose of having the puzzle there for folks to work out said waypoints. Or is it required as part of the listing???

Forgive the newbie naivety.

And Keystone - not that I ever thought it was, but I'm glad it's not a record, as the wait is already killing us - could only imagine what the actual record holder went thru! haha :blink:

Somewhat jealous of these 5, 6, & 7 minute postings tho!!! lol :anitongue:

Edited by TaylorBrats

I may have you beat TAR. I once submitted a cache then immediately looked and saw a spelling mistake on it. 9key musta saw it right then because i went back to the edit page, corrected my mistake, hit the resubmit button, and it was published when the page reloaded... All this within a couple of minutes i would guess! :blink:

Hi TaylorBrats, I took a look at your cache. You might want to read this knowledgebase article , and this one. Good luck!

Hadn't listed the additional waypoints, cos I kind of thought it defeats the purpose of having the puzzle there for folks to work out said waypoints. Or is it required as part of the listing???

And Keystone - not that I ever thought it was, but I'm glad it's not a record, as the wait is already killing us - could only imagine what the actual record holder went thru! haha :blink:

When you create additional waypoints, you are given the option of hiding the coordinates so that cachers can't see them. I've done that with a few of my puzzle caches. Makes it easier on me and the reviewer both, since I'm always erasing all the waypoints in my GPS, and stage coordinates go out with the bathwater. :anitongue:

When you create additional waypoints, you are given the option of hiding the coordinates so that cachers can't see them. I've done that with a few of my puzzle caches. Makes it easier on me and the reviewer both, since I'm always erasing all the waypoints in my GPS, and stage coordinates go out with the bathwater. :anitongue:

This I was not aware of. *runs off to edit cache details*

Thanks guys! :anibad:

Speaking of records, the reviewer for this area, Heartland Cacher, is SO good that he publishes caches a day before they're submitted!

In fact, I was thinking of a cache I was going to place, just the other day, and my phone rang... it was Heartland Cacher calling to tell me that my coordinates had a typo, unless I really wanted to place a cache in Swaziland. He's just THAT good!

Seven minutes isn't a record for fastest. Three days isn't a record for slowest.

True. I've had caches published within seconds, I always click "view listing" after I submit the cache just to make sure things look right, and when I did that it was already published, thats probably 5 seconds?

I've also had it take weeks before. I don't get worked up over either.