Yellow Jeep on ebay!

007BigD

I noticed this listing on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180337130982 5 days ago containing a Yellow Jeep.

I contacted the seller, explained that it is owned by someone else and should NOT be included in his auction. He stated after a few emails that he would place it into a cache rather than selling it. TODAY the auction ended, I responded to a few logs left on the TB and one told me he IS going to include it in the listing. But rather that it is a bonus "gift"...whatever that means.

Regardless, this Yellow Jeep is now going to end up in someones collection that BOUGHT IT!!! It may never see another geocache or even another discovery! The reference # for the jeep is TBH6PR http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...c2-8b81cf2ad760 It still shows to be in possesion of the seller, who grabbed it months ago.

Feel free to contact him to let him know the intentions of Travel Bugs. I am just appauled that he lied to me that it will be placed and 2nd that he is selling anothers TB...A YELLOW JEEP AT THAT!!! :)

Wish I came here when I noticed it, but tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and TAKE HIS WORD!!!

Yeah, it's been brought up a few times recently.

There's a better chance of getting back in circulation once it's out of his hands.

Feel free to contact him to let him know the intentions of Travel Bugs.

Do not start harassing this person. Not a good idea.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Yeah, it's been brought up a few times recently.

There's a better chance of getting back in circulation once it's out of his hands.

Feel free to contact him to let him know the intentions of Travel Bugs.

Do not start harassing this person. Not a good idea.

Hmmm... I did not realize that~ Thanks, I even scanned the TB forum and didnt see anything :)

Just thought I had it taken care of without making it public by him telling me that it would be dropped! ~ I was very nice and even offered to send him my siggy as appreciation. It was when another was told that it would be included after a more recent contact.

Just a Bummer... I remember how much I wanted to find an ORIGINAL Yellow Jeep before I actually had. Too bad it ever made it into his hands :anicute:

Kay... I take it back, DONT CONTACT HIM... Lets just hope this one ends up in the hands of somebody that will will rightfully know what to do with it. Keep yer fingers crossed.

Discussing the issue with someone is fine. Suggesting that as many people as possible contact someone to 'straighten them out' is against gc.com guideline especially if done through the profile email. I have seen people banned for it, trust me.

You really don't want to lose your membership, even temporarily, for a yellow jeep.

Discussing the issue with someone is fine. Suggesting that as many people as possible contact someone to 'straighten them out' is against gc.com guideline especially if done through the profile email. I have seen people banned for it, trust me.

You really don't want to lose your membership, even temporarily, for a yellow jeep.

True... It was just that you do all you can to ensure the right thing is done without taking measures such as this, just to find out that the measures you have taken were blatently dissregarded and issues that were addressed were persuaded into a decieving act. He basically lied to me after I insurred the correct action would have been taken. Its not the act of lying to me, its still the fact of the matter that he is selling others property that just so happens to be a highly coveted "Yellow Jeep" - Its wrong!

He stated when I contacted him that NO others have brought this to his attention... Oh well, like I said- We'll keep our fingers crossed.