Oldest Active Caches

The Original Stash (GCGV0P) is the oldest. It was placed in Estacada, Oregon on May 3, 2000. It is still active.

ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE

A cache by TEAM 360 Hidden: 9/7/2003

Size: (Regular) Difficulty: Terrain: (1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)

From the cache page its self. Where does 9/7/2003 happen before May 11, 2000?

If you read the cache page this is a tribute to the original cache not the original.

Id Really double check them BEcause this one

is the oldest active cache in California :)

Actually it is not. If you look through the logs this cache was archived in 2002 and then replaced in 2006 so it is not the oldest, simply a replacement.

Something I'm quite sure will never happen again. :anicute:

As a matter of fact, it probably slipped through the cracks, as someone tried to pull the same stunt on the first cache in the Province of Ontario a year earlier, and was denied.

Id Really double check them BEcause this one

is the oldest active cache in California :anitongue:

Actually it is not. If you look through the logs this cache was archived in 2002 and then replaced in 2006 so it is not the oldest, simply a replacement.

Something I'm quite sure will never happen again. :anitongue:

As a matter of fact, it probably slipped through the cracks, as someone tried to pull the same stunt on the first cache in the Province of Ontario a year earlier, and was denied.

Actually, it was September 2006 someone tried to "pull the same stunt" in Ontario. From the cache description:

This is a replacement cache listing to my first geocache listing called "tazz" GC228, which is located in Bolton, Ontario.

The area has changed quite a bit since it was first placed.

I have received several emails about my geocache and agreed to put out a replacement.

The people at geocaching had asked that a replacement geocache be placed instead of unarchiving the original geocache listing, so that is what I am doing.

You may also log a find on the original geocache listing GC228.

The cache page still tells you to also log a find on GC228, but that listing was locked in 2006. Not that I would have logged a second find on that cache page, of course. :blink: