Oregon 400t and car charger

My Oregon 400t won’t work the way I think it should with car charger

I have a power cord I use in the car with my cell phone and my eTrex Vista. It saves the batteries in my eTrex while we’re driving. But when I plug it into the 400t, all I get is a display that shows a computer, a cable and the 400t.

The situation is the same when I plug the eTrex Vista or my 400t into my computer. The eTrex works as a GPSr while the 400t just shows that one screen.

Is there a setting or a fix I can use so I can use the 400t as a GPSr while plugged into the car charger or my computer?

My Oregon 400t won’t work the way I think it should with car charger

I have a power cord I use in the car with my cell phone and my eTrex Vista. It saves the batteries in my eTrex while we’re driving. But when I plug it into the 400t, all I get is a display that shows a computer, a cable and the 400t.

The situation is the same when I plug the eTrex Vista or my 400t into my computer. The eTrex works as a GPSr while the 400t just shows that one screen.

Is there a setting or a fix I can use so I can use the 400t as a GPSr while plugged into the car charger or my computer?

Both the Oregon and Colorado use a different USB cable. It looks the same but it's wired differently. Use the correct cable and you won't have a problem. Possibly you can remedy the problem by using "Spanner" mode.

On the Main Menu > Setup > System > Interface, and change to Garmin Spanner. It will then ask you Would you like to go to Mass Storage.. say No. This should do if for you.

Both the Oregon and Colorado use a different USB cable. It looks the same but it's wired differently. Use the correct cable and you won't have a problem. Possibly you can remedy the problem by using "Spanner" mode

This is WAY WAY WAY wrong. All USB cords are wired the same. Whether purchsed from garmin or a local shop in Zimbabwe. You really should get your info straight before answering questions.

Mine works in the car off an iGO and the problem is the spanner mode (in earlier firmware versions) and has nothing to do with the cord.

Both the Oregon and Colorado use a different USB cable. It looks the same but it's wired differently. Use the correct cable and you won't have a problem. Possibly you can remedy the problem by using "Spanner" mode

This is WAY WAY WAY wrong. All USB cords are wired the same. Whether purchsed from garmin or a local shop in Zimbabwe. You really should get your info straight before answering questions.

Mine works in the car off an iGO and the problem is the spanner mode (in earlier firmware versions) and has nothing to do with the cord.

Mistake, we have 2 type of mini usb plugs. I happen to have both.

See also H16 on

http://garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/Hardw...Cables%2C+Power

When I tried my Nuvi car usb charger there was a complaint message on the Oregon about me using the wrong lead.

That'll be because the USB type used is a 'A' I guess.

I haven't tried again since putting the Oregon into Spanner mode. Would that help for the next time?

ty