Nanos Not a Size Option

joeteach

I am sure this topic is discussed somewhere but it is something I have wondered and have not found an answer for. The smallest size container listed is a micro. It is very difficult when looking for a nano that is listed as a micro. I think there should be another size listed on the web site to include a nano. That way everyone who cares to can go back and edit their cache size for their nanos. It would greatly help in the field if we know what we were looking for. Don't you just love it when someone hangs a nano in a big pine or cedar tree and calls it a micro. Me either.

As you surmised in your first sentence, this as been discussed at length.

Nano is not an official size. Nanos are micros.

Groundspeak has weighed in in the past indicating that they felt that there are sufficient size options currently.

Thanks for your reply, I will have to dissagree with Groundspeak. It would be much better if that distinction were made.

I am sure this topic is discussed somewhere but it is something I have wondered and have not found an answer for. The smallest size container listed is a micro. It is very difficult when looking for a nano that is listed as a micro. I think there should be another size listed on the web site to include a nano. That way everyone who cares to can go back and edit their cache size for their nanos. It would greatly help in the field if we know what we were looking for. Don't you just love it when someone hangs a nano in a big pine or cedar tree and calls it a micro. Me either.

It is my opinion that nano is not a size but a container. The micro size identifier is a film canister or smaller (give or take).

StaticTank

I agree with you, JoeTeach. However, I think I have been fortunate in that almost every nano I've hunted for is listed as a nano in the cache title or cache description. I would be very frustrated otherwise!

My nano hides have the word nano in the title as well, so hopefully no one will look for anything else. I too wish there was a distinction on the cache sizes. :D

It is my opinion that nano is not a size but a container. The micro size identifier is a film canister or smaller (give or take).

StaticTank

Hi StaticTank, I think you have found one of my caches in Worthing. Nice hearing from you. I understand your argument there. Thanks.

I think micro covers it well enough and further size distinctions would just result in confusion.

Adding small a few years back seemed like a nice addtion but now some micros are listed as small and some regulars are listed as small.

This is true. It looks like a lot of thought has gone in to this.

... It is very difficult when looking for a nano that is listed as a micro. ...

Strange I find it difficult at micro and below. Nano's havent' been any harder than any other size once you hit film cannister and smaller.

Oh and I've never been a fan of needle in a haystack hides. Especially in thorn bushes or prickly pine trees.

StaticTank

Hi StaticTank, I think you have found one of my caches in Worthing. Nice hearing from you. I understand your argument there. Thanks.

I acutally agreed with your original point when I first started caching but as time has wore on I believe that there aren't many caches that can be actually be considered Nanos and that they are more of a container type than a size. Just like peanut butter contaniers are a small.

I didn't realize it was you who started this post at first it is nice to chat again!

Chuck

StaticTank

I acutally agreed with your original point when I first started caching but as time has wore on I believe that there aren't many caches that can be actually be considered Nanos and that they are more of a container type than a size. Just like peanut butter contaniers are a small.

I didn't realize it was you who started this post at first it is nice to chat again!

Chuck

Thanks for the help. Maybe the next time the wife and I are in the up there I will see if I could arrange a meeting. Till then, happy caching.