What Do ChubbChubb Threats on Cache Listing Page Mean?

Okay, folks, I am stumped on this one, and so I figured I would bring it to the forum in the hope that someone can help me. Here goes, in brief, with a description of the puzzling and perhaps threatening, situation that I am facing:

Starting early this morning, I began to receive notice from the Groundspeak server that a cacher located in Nebraska was emplacing log notes on a number of my Psycho caches; each brief note seemed to be something along the lines, in various languages, of a warning that "The ChubbChubbs are coming!"

Here are some of the log entries, along with links to them:

Psycho Backcountry Cache #1-Mountain Laurel Forest

The ChubbChubbs are coming.

Psycho Urban Cache #13 - Impossible! Give Up Now!

Le ChubbChubbs viennent!

Psycho Urban Cache #8 - Ghost in Ancient Citadel

Das ChubbChubbs kommen!

Psycho Urban Cache #1 - Calm Before the Storm

¡El ChubbChubbs está viniendo!

What is a ChubbChubb, and what do these warnings mean?

Has anyone else received such warnings? If so, what have you done about them?

Thanks in advance!

Okay, folks, I am stumped on this one, and so I figured I would bring it to the forum in the hope that someone can help me. Here goes, in brief, with a description of the puzzling and perhaps threatening, situation that I am facing:

Starting early this morning, I began to receive notice from the Groundspeak server that a cacher located in Nebraska was emplacing log notes on a number of my Psycho caches; each brief note seemed to be something along the lines, in various languages, of a warning that "The ChubbChubbs are coming!"

Here are some of the log entries, along with links to them:

Psycho Backcountry Cache #1-Mountain Laurel Forest

The ChubbChubbs are coming.

Psycho Urban Cache #13 - Impossible! Give Up Now!

Le ChubbChubbs viennent!

Psycho Urban Cache #8 - Ghost in Ancient Citadel

Das ChubbChubbs kommen!

Psycho Urban Cache #1 - Calm Before the Storm

¡El ChubbChubbs está viniendo!

Has anyone else received such warnings? If so, what have you done about them?

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps this has somethng to do with it.

thechubbchubbs is a user/player on Geocaching.com. Perhaps it's their signature on your cache? More playful than just "username" "date", no?

Or, considering that they are listed as in germany, perhaps they are planning on coming to your area and will do caching while they're there? Their friend (who is the one leaving the remarks) are being playfully ominous to let people know of their immanent arrival?

The ChubbChubbs are the elite, black ops enforcement arm of the Teletubbies.

The fact that they are leaving obscure notes on your cache pages indicates a strong likelihood that you've upset one of them.

Probably Tinky Winky, as (s)he is easily the most temperamental.

This is not a threat to be taken lightly.

7616f50a-2f10-4f5e-a78c-dd937c771809.jpg

Edited by Clan Riffster

The fact that they are leaving obscure notes on your cache pages indicates a strong likelihood that you've upset one of them.

I'll take your word for it, as I'm sure you've got better access to those kinds of intel, but word on the street is that Po is one mean drunk and would just as soon rip your antennae off as smile at you.

Edited by Castle Mischief

I live in Nebraska.

I have a cat named Chubbs.

When I call him I sometimes call out "Here ChubbChubbs".

I have found him sleeping in a few of my cache containers while I prepped them but I don't think he has ever gone caching.

Also - I am fairly certain he hasn't made any travel plans of late.

Apparently they have already visited one of my caches.

Look at the See the Evidence here link.

It is an ancient curse, and some say it is a fate worse than giving up geocaching. The last time it happened to a cache owner, he logged 37 consecutive DNFs.

The only known remedy, and it usually does not work, is to get up at dawn on Spring equinox, and sacrifice an ammo box.

I'd say there is every reason to be afraid! Look at those teeth! :ph34r:

zydefm.jpg

The glazed eyes... the pig snouts. Is it possible that Torry and a hamster had a liaison and their demon spawn are coming for Vinny? Did an occult hand have anything to do with it?

The end result is sure to be messy, but interesting. I'll be watching!

Thank you all for your replies so far. All that I can say at this point about this matter of the ChuChubbs coming is that I have never known fear in my life until today, and suddenly I feel very afraid, very afraid, in light of all that is emerging about the ChubbChubbs. :D

I am very scared. Think I'll go hide under the bed. Right now. For a very long time. :laughing:

I live in Nebraska.

I have a cat named Chubbs.

When I call him I sometimes call out "Here ChubbChubbs".

I have found him sleeping in a few of my cache containers while I prepped them but I don't think he has ever gone caching.

Also - I am fairly certain he hasn't made any travel plans of late.

Maybe he sneaks onto your computer at night while you sleep and posts cryptic messages to strangers? I often wonder what the beagles are up to when I'm not looking... Hmmm, why are there suddenly boxes of Greenies being delivered to my home? I don't remember ordering any - hey, wait a minute! :D

As for you, Vinny, I concur. I think someone is going to be visiting your caches soon. Watch the logs (from under your bed) and let us know what happens!

Edited by sweetpea3

Thank you all for your replies so far. All that I can say at this point about this matter of the ChuChubbs coming is that I have never known fear in my life until today, and suddenly I feel very afraid, very afraid, in light of all that is emerging about the ChubbChubbs. :rolleyes:

I am very scared. Think I'll go hide under the bed. Right now. For a very long time. :rolleyes:

I found a little blurb about The chubchub's. I am almost hesitant to share it for I now also fear for Vinny's well being. :blink:

Chubchub's are in fact a little "ghost" or "presence" if you will, of hamster's that have sadly perished due to hamster caching. Some of these hamster's where placed in cache's and the cache's where too hard so they didn't get visited right away. After the hamster eat's the swag and run's out of a food source, the inevitable happens. Then these "spirit" of the hamster take form called chubchub's. They seek out hard caches, and attempt to destroy them so another hamster cannot fall victim to it. If they are unable to locate the cache then they try and locate the owner and try to chew off the cache owner's hand's so they are unable to open a cache container. It seems the chubchub's only do this once and then the "spirit" is released out of our dimension. Kind of like payback for cacher's not hunting harder caches and some cacher's leaving them for dead.

As far as the limit knowledge I could find about these strange occurrence's, they recommend placing one clove of garlic in the cache container. They seem to like the smell and it seem's to have a forgetful effect, and then it's rumored they will move on to another cache and/or cache owner. :)

Vinny please take the proper precautions. I had to use a back door and do some hacking to gain access for the little information I could find on these strange being's. The government seem's to be forming a "cover up" on the existence of them and I found the files incomplete and the details very sketchy. :blink:

LOL , they where the first to pop in my mind all so.

Thank you all for your replies so far. All that I can say at this point about this matter of the ChuChubbs coming is that I have never known fear in my life until today, and suddenly I feel very afraid, very afraid, in light of all that is emerging about the ChubbChubbs. :D

I am very scared. Think I'll go hide under the bed. Right now. For a very long time. :D

I found a little blurb about The chubchub's. I am almost hesitant to share it for I now also fear for Vinny's well being. :D

Chubchub's are in fact a little "ghost" or "presence" if you will, of hamster's that have sadly perished due to hamster caching. Some of these hamster's where placed in cache's and the cache's where too hard so they didn't get visited right away. After the hamster eat's the swag and run's out of a food source, the inevitable happens. Then these "spirit" of the hamster take form called chubchub's. They seek out hard caches, and attempt to destroy them so another hamster cannot fall victim to it. If they are unable to locate the cache then they try and locate the owner and try to chew off the cache owner's hand's so they are unable to open a cache container. It seems the chubchub's only do this once and then the "spirit" is released out of our dimension. Kind of like payback for cacher's not hunting harder caches and some cacher's leaving them for dead.

As far as the limit knowledge I could find about these strange occurrence's, they recommend placing one clove of garlic in the cache container. They seem to like the smell and it seem's to have a forgetful effect, and then it's rumored they will move on to another cache and/or cache owner. :)

Vinny please take the proper precautions. I had to use a back door and do some hacking to gain access for the little information I could find on these strange being's. The government seem's to be forming a "cover up" on the existence of them and I found the files incomplete and the details very sketchy. ;)

I thank you and previous posters warmly for all your assistance, and for the dire warnings.

I am scared. i am very scared. :D:o:o:anicute:

Vinny, are you still with us??

This cover up has gone very deep. I couldn't find this topic and even used the search bar and it didn't surface. Very odd, very odd indeed...

Tnx for asking. Can manage only short reply. Been kidnapped by evil ChubbChubbs, who seem to have already taken over Groundspeak and the Groundspeak server in effort to obliterate all alerts about their plot to ta

Vinny, are you still with us??

This cover up has gone very deep. I couldn't find this topic and even used the search bar and it didn't surface. Very odd, very odd indeed...

Tnx for asking. Can manage only short reply. Been kidnapped by evil ChubbChubbs, who seem to have already taken over Groundspeak and the Groundspeak server in effort to obliterate all alerts about their plot to ta

*evil laugh*

Thank you for doing the needful!

Its for your psycho caches, no?

Maybe they are just letting someone know where they are going so if they don't log someone might find, identify, and properly dispose of them :blink:

You know... ChubbChubbs are weird, because... even though my gut sense tells me that they are dangerous, and even though ten thousand websites claim that they are deadly predatory carnivorous killers, well..

you see...

you know...

it's like....

...they are just SOOO cute looking! :blink::blink: