Super Caches

The Super cache - A hide to beat all others. An elite stash. A lunch box puzzle or location so stunning in artistry, deviousness or visual beauty that it blew you away.

I'd love to know which caches met or surpassed the above standards for you as I'd very much like to pay them a visit :)

It's nice to be able to pop out and bag something quick and easy when I've got a spare hour to play with, but when you've stopped chasing numbers (yes I have only 804 finds to my name but when I was a newbie watering at the mouth for that scent of plasticy goodness in 2001, a 50 mile round trip was the regular to bag just one Tupperware delicacy!) you want that something extra special to get you out of your armchair (other chair types available)

So which caches would you put into the champions league of our little hobby? Cryptic souls crews 'Decaying hospital' with its asbestos riddled corridors and graffiti clad ruins was a gem that I will never forget - or recommend for children! Little cemetery safari could give the infirm a heart attack and like nothing i'd ever seen before or will again i'm sadly sure! and Mashers 'Mission Impossible' with its intricate puzzles and creative genius are the three that spring to mind, all archived but never forgotten. What were yours and why?

This is not intended as advertising although I suppose it might be, I'd just like some exciting travels once again as me and caching have lost the spark in our once healthy relationship, and we want to get back to how it was when we first met.

Edited by Rocky Balboa

Unfortunately some of my fave caches have been archived but here's aome that are still active.....

First off - two EXCELLENT night (reflector trail) caches:

In the steps of Beelzebub

The Grinshill Ghoul

This series is nice and easy but has magnificent views

Snowdon View

This is a quick cache but a clever hide - first of it's kind i'd done:

' Confederate Hideout '

One of the best puzzle's i've done/solved:-

Illumination

Probably my fave cache:-

ALL TOOLED UP

These sound like Rocky Balboa type caches - LOTS of driving and TB hunting:-

Stencil Stash

and

Interception

and

They Seek Us Here, They Seek Us There

Here's three great/epic cache series:-

The Zodiac Series

and

Alchemy Quest

and

ALPHA QUEST

and finally, one I've tried a couple of time but have yet to complete....

One Step To Heaven

Anything by ac-p has to be up there, but a few of his that I love are:

Suspension

The Clairvoyant

And finally... the one that had us all stumped for weeks when it first came out.....

The lost treasure of Disco Jack

All of them based around Chester... Disco Jack forms the 1st part of what went on to become a series of 3 caches, and I believe there is a fourth in the planning.... although all the others can be done as stand alones.... if you can solve them!

Anything by ac-p has to be up there, but a few of his that I love are:

Suspension

The Clairvoyant

And finally... the one that had us all stumped for weeks when it first came out.....

The lost treasure of Disco Jack

All of them based around Chester... Disco Jack forms the 1st part of what went on to become a series of 3 caches, and I believe there is a fourth in the planning.... although all the others can be done as stand alones.... if you can solve them!

Ditto - all of these are excellent caches, also check out caches by Pieman. In particular Blink and K