Nine

avroair

thanks mark and kat for getting the coins made. they are all wonderful.

we had about 50 people attend the event in vegas. we met for ice cream on the strip. several people drove over from CA. there were also visitors from canada and the netherlands. it waqs lots of fun and i can't wait until next year. october will be cooler here so we might be able to meet outside.

for everyone who has requested to get coins from me. i think i have one for all of you. i just haven't had a chance to reply yet. i try to send out replies this weekend.

Ok, I tried to post earlier but my son was seeking my attention and decided to press the power button on my computer. :) Needless to say, he got my attention!

Our event went really well. Not sure the exact number but probably in the ballpark of 100 people or so. The space was jam-packed! In fact, there were people there almost an hour early -- we had gone early to set up and they beat us there!

Received some really nice comments about the event and the cakes that my friend made. Gave away coins and other caching goodies as door prizes and of course, sold lots of event coins.

Below are some pics I thought you might like!

a082c224-654d-40ab-829a-77e9d0e6684b.jpg

6d10c136-4060-422f-b489-16cbc3e6f08a.jpg

94528133-c77e-4e0c-8f4b-7a3a87fddae7.jpg

LOVE those cakes!

we had about 50 people attend the event in vegas. we met for ice cream on the strip. several people drove over from CA. there were also visitors from canada and the netherlands. it waqs lots of fun and i can't wait until next year. october will be cooler here so we might be able to meet outside.

for everyone who has requested to get coins from me. i think i have one for all of you. i just haven't had a chance to reply yet. i try to send out replies this weekend.

That's awesome news that those of us that requested coins can get one. I can't wait to see your coin in person. Like a bunch of others it was really beautiful! Thanks for making it look so nice with your color choices!!!! :)

According to the description:

This is the 9/9/9 Event Coin which commemorates the multi-events being held around the world (each event has it's own version of the coin). We have a limited mixture of event coins left over from different events around the world. The coin you get may not have the same colors as the coin pictured above. It will be the same design.

I'm guessing they just had a few extras, not that they did a remint.

So when we told people at our events that only X amount were minted of our colors we were in error or did oak coins mint other colors as well to sell?

I would like to know the answer to this too. I don't remember seeing in any emails that XXX number of coins would be minted, and you may purchase XX number of coins for your event (and Oakcoins would sell the remainder on their site). So, I am a bit coinfused as to where these coins came from.

So when we told people at our events that only X amount were minted of our colors we were in error or did oak coins mint other colors as well to sell?

I would like to know the answer to this too. I don't remember seeing in any emails that XXX number of coins would be minted, and you may purchase XX number of coins for your event (and Oakcoins would sell the remainder on their site). So, I am a bit coinfused as to where these coins came from.

I asked the very same question. It turns out that at least one event (Utah) either didn't happen or sold back all their coins, and some other venues have sold back some coins also. So that's what they're selling. Your minting numbers are accurate; Oakcoins did not mint extra of people's coins to sell. Whew! : )

No worries; I was a bit anxious about posting inaccurate minting numbers too. : )

Topic Change: Misawa 9-9-9 Event Coins for Sale!

I have seven (7) coins left and they're up for sale at my store. The price is $9.99, max two per customer, with $2.00 shipping & handling for one coin or $2.50 for two, worldwide. Once more, here's the link to the store. I have held a couple of coins back for local people so there might be more coins available later in the (work) week. I'll post updates here as I have 'em. Thanks for looking!

Edited to add: They're all gone -- that was quick! Keep an eye open here for updates if I end up with extras. Thanks!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Well, if anyone gets any of the following coins from Oakcoins I'm interested in trading or buying. I'm rather disappointed that Oakcoins did not notify event coordinators of the opportunity to purchase random coins before putting them out on their website. :) I would have liked to have been able to buy some as well.

Seeking 999 Event coins!! Looking for:

Texas

Arizona

Nevada

New Jersey

Georgia

Maine

Utah

Florida

Portugal

Czech Republic

Idaho

Connecticut

CF30

C30, email fatkidsOTWunite about a GA coin. I arranged a trade with Janet today. She has a few left, but not many.

I received my SC version of the coin today and it is GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much AtlantaGal! That came FAST!

Awesome. Glad it got there so fast. It's weird, but I have faster shipping times to most places, especially Canada, than I used to from Atlanta. Who'd a thought.

That's awesome news that those of us that requested coins can get one. I can't wait to see your coin in person. Like a bunch of others it was really beautiful! Thanks for making it look so nice with your color choices!!!! :blink:

i won't take credit for the color choices. clandolye picked them and did a great job.

Well, if anyone gets any of the following coins from Oakcoins I'm interested in trading or buying. I'm rather disappointed that Oakcoins did not notify event coordinators of the opportunity to purchase random coins before putting them out on their website. :laughing: I would have liked to have been able to buy some as well.

Seeking 999 Event coins!! Looking for:

Texas

Arizona

Nevada

New Jersey

Georgia

Maine

Utah

Florida

Portugal

Czech Republic

Idaho

Connecticut

CF30

Well I got my coins from oak today. Not sure what I have though since neither one matches up with the mint artwork mark posted of them all. I'm guessing one of them is Utah, but don't know which.

Received two 999 coins in the mail from oakcoins today. Little disappointed - I got two of the same version and don't know which... :laughing:

I think they are the ones that were in the picture on the website but of course that's gone now. It's a gold coin - lighter green on the front with a darker green accent color. On the back, a blue outer ring with the same two green colors on the inside design. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Received two 999 coins in the mail from oakcoins today. Little disappointed - I got two of the same version and don't know which... :D

I think they are the ones that were in the picture on the website but of course that's gone now. It's a gold coin - lighter green on the front with a darker green accent color. On the back, a blue outer ring with the same two green colors on the inside design. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

That's Utah

Hi everyone

We had a lot of fun at our 999 event in Georgia! We stood near the Georgia-Alabama line on the Chattahoochee Riverwalk in Columbus. The "Ice Cream Lady" met us there in her cute pink truck complete with bubble machine! We had 40-50 folks in attendance and gave away one of our coins as well as a CVC cachers coin and GGA coin, both donated from attendees (thanks!). Sorry I dont know how to post pics here but they can be seen on the cache page GC1WAPX

We've really enjoyed being involved in this project and we hope to do it again next year on 10-10-10!

We also still have some coins available for trade if anyone has any left. I've been slow getting this message out because my mother has been seriously ill, in fact the 999 was my first 'outing' since her illness.

Take care

Janet (and Avery)

fatkidsOTWunite! (OTW= of the world)

Received two 999 coins in the mail from oakcoins today. Little disappointed - I got two of the same version and don't know which... :D

That's Utah

I take it back. It is the Spokane version.

Edited by AtlantaGal

That's the Spokane \ Idaho event coin.

That's the Spokane \ Idaho event coin.

The extras at Geoswag.com are\were:

Nevada

Utah

California

Spokane

I am not sure on numbers but these were buybacks.

I got two of the light green/dark green (spokane/wa) and then one that is copper with teal in the outer ring, yellows for the inner ring, and a green (olive?) for the center on the front.

The latter is Utah.

Oh, got your trade yesterday!

I got your message, sorry for not responding! I'm so glad it got to you safe and sound! Right after I sent it, I found out I've been sending them out at the wrong rate! So from now on, no more envelope rate mailers from me.

The Utah one is quite pretty. :D If anyone is wanting a Spokane/WA one, I have an extra and would be happy to trade for a 999 or some other coin. :D

hello everyone, these are really awesome coins. great job and congrats to all involved in the the design and production! i have one extra colorado 999 geocoin (see image below) and i would like to trade this geocoin for one of these 999 geocoins:

~ arizona ~ california ~ hawaii ~ pennsylvania ~ south carolina ~ japan ~

PM or email me if interested. thanks.

the colorado 999 geocoin:

4d9442f5-b59f-45f3-91f3-8fe256193496.jpg

hello everyone, these are really awesome coins. great job and congrats to all involved in the the design and production! i have one extra colorado 999 geocoin (see image below) and i would like to trade this geocoin for one of these 999 geocoins:

~ arizona ~ california ~ hawaii ~ pennsylvania ~ south carolina ~ japan ~

trade made with chickahominy. thanks! :huh:

Hi All!

Happily, we were one of the many who tied the knot and got married on 9/9/9!!! Soooo...we picked up a CT Event Coin that day but are also looking for ANY of the the other 9/9/9 Event Coins! Willing to trade/pay/both for whatever anyone might have! It is painful to try to aquire them thru eBay. We have much to offer....let me know what you're seeking! B)

Thanks in Advance!

DrJeepStr

I got two of the light green/dark green (spokane/wa) and then one that is copper with teal in the outer ring, yellows for the inner ring, and a green (olive?) for the center on the front.

The latter is Utah.

Oh, got your trade yesterday!

I got your message, sorry for not responding! I'm so glad it got to you safe and sound! Right after I sent it, I found out I've been sending them out at the wrong rate! So from now on, no more envelope rate mailers from me.

The Utah one is quite pretty. B) If anyone is wanting a Spokane/WA one, I have an extra and would be happy to trade for a 999 or some other coin. ;)

I got my two 9-9-9 Japan coins today.

I will trade one of them for any other version, as long as I can see the numbers behind the clouds easily. Hard to see the numbers at times behind the deep blue of Japan.

If I had to make a short list it would be:

Portugal

Michigan

Washington

Texas

...but I'm open to anything, las long as the recessed number symbols are easily visable.

PM me. :D

If there's anyone interested in a NY 999 version (one of the few antique versions), I have a handful left from the event. You can contact me through my profile if you are interested.

Here is a picture:

993a35bc-27b0-450c-a294-1bcd393ed15d.jpg

beautiful picture! did you take it Vanelle? i just love great coin pictures! i'm trying to become a better coin photographer myself, but my color blindness can be an issue sometimes. :D

beautiful picture! did you take it Vanelle? i just love great coin pictures! i'm trying to become a better coin photographer myself, but my color blindness can be an issue sometimes. :D

I did take it, thanks. I think it's the hosta that makes it look so good. I don't have a fancy camera, just a point-and-shoot on macro outside in the garden.

If there's anyone interested in a NY 999 version (one of the few antique versions), I have a handful left from the event. You can contact me through my profile if you are interested.

Here is a picture:

993a35bc-27b0-450c-a294-1bcd393ed15d.jpg

That is a beautiful coin <_<

I'd love to see a picture different states together. Anyone?