Nine

avroair

Well, let's see... I had about 40 - 45 "Will Attends" & ended up with almost 80 people at my event! :laughing: I'm not sure if the staff at Coldstone Creamery will recover. :) We set up tables & chairs outside so their "regular" customers wouldn't feel crowded out. The weather was perfect!!

All 50 available coins sold but I still have about 14 to trade for other 999 Event coins - assuming that any one has any left available to trade, that is! I hope I can trade for a few more. :laughing: The ones I had were quite a hit! Everyone enjoyed seeing the different ways the coins could be colored. :D

CF30

This was the first event I ever hosted, and I am pleased to say that it went better than I expected. There are 50 names on my log sheet, and the actual person count was closer to 100 (plus an assortment of geo-dogs and one puppet).

The local cachers here volunteered to help and we organized eight other new cache placements that went up the night before the event. Folks had a lot of fun gathering up 9 new smilies on this day. Marlin01 made it his 3999th cache find and other folks had milestone nines for the day as well.

The coins went pretty fast, but I do have a handful left. There are a few folks from NY who contacted me prior to the event who would like one and I would very much like to trade for a couple of the other event versions (e-mails sent).

On Friday morning, I head out to Seattle for a week. When I get back, I'll see how many coins I have left and post information for any other folks who might want one.

Here are a couple of photos:

021df171-67e7-48cc-8ddd-9ad01c63817f.jpg

0dbe2469-2789-4060-994e-337791f7863b.jpg

Edited by Vanelle

Awesome Vanelle!

We had 159 attendees, I was glad the room was big enough. We did an ice breaker game with 40 geocoins as prizes and a raffle to help support Geowoodstock 8, I was happy to see so many families and people who said this was there first event.

We sold 100 coins in about 12 minutes! :)

We were expecting about 65 people. I'm not sure what we had, but I know we had a few no shows and also some come who never RSVPed. I think between 50 and 55 is what we had.

Our coins didn't quite sell out. I think I have 10 available for trades. I'm also mailing all my prearranged trades tomorrow.

6 SC available for trades. I already have NY, MN, UK, NJ, MO, HI, MI

Useless trivia.... Our event pulled cachers from as far South as Charleston, SC, as far North as Wilmington, NC and as far West as Birmingham, AL (in the area for business). Over 60% of our attendees were from NC!

We were expecting about 65 people. I'm not sure what we had, but I know we had a few no shows and also some come who never RSVPed. I think between 50 and 55 is what we had.

Our coins didn't quite sell out. I think I have 10 available for trades. I'm also mailing all my prearranged trades tomorrow.

6 SC available for trades. I already have NY, MN, UK, NJ, MO, HI, MI

Useless trivia.... Our event pulled cachers from as far South as Charleston, SC, as far North as Wilmington, NC and as far West as Birmingham, AL (in the area for business). Over 60% of our attendees were from NC!

I'd like to speak up for one of those 6, if you like the Misawa, Japan version of the 9-9-9 coin --

I also have two other people who've asked me for trades (Crowesfeat30 and sillygirl and jrr); is there anyone else who's specifically looking to complete a set or who wants to trade (a 9-9-9 coin) for one so that I can set aside a coin for you?

(For those of you who emailed me asking to buy a coin, not to worry; I have coins set aside for you already.)

Edited to add: an action shot!

1849660f-8aac-4d9a-bb5b-8c282fad943c.jpg

The coin is in the FTF baggie. That's a multi-cache I hid as the event's main activity. There are four stages. As you work through the stages, you collect photos with the coordinates of the following stages written on the back. In the final, you can pick up a little folio/booklet with tabbed pages in which to store your photos, to keep as a memento. And drat and blast, I didn't take a photo of the gift box I constructed for Tuck & Green, who were of tremendous help in getting the event put together. It was a wooden box with a cloth-covered foam coin holder inside holding two of the Staff version* of the 9-9-9 coin. I then painted the box with the same camo scheme as the cache. That would have made an appropriate action shot, and I'm afraid I forgot to take the picture.

*Staff version: lightly washed with Payne's Gray acrylic paint to bring out the detail in the clouds, then sealed with clear acrylic to keep the paint from rubbing off.

Non-coin Event action shots:

e994bb43-61a0-4bca-9cfb-f2a5f3c03ea1.jpge80ff927-8d76-4075-a1a2-f969dee78f63.jpg

Edited by Jackalgirl

We have only a couple coins left (if you are an event organizer and contacted me before the event, I do have your coin set aside). First come, first served - email me.

Our event had well over 100 attendees...we gave away door prizes every nine minutes...6:00 - 9:00. The restaurant closed, and people were still hanging out in the parking lot chatting. It was a good time, but resulted in us not hearing the alarm this morning. It was a mad dash to get Brian and Brenda out the door on time.

Seeking 999 Event coins!! Looking for:

Texas

Mississippi

Arizona

Nevada

New Jersey

Georgia

Maine

Utah

Florida

Portugal

Japan

Czech Republic

Idaho

Connecticut

I have e-mailed most if not all event coordinators but perhaps some attendees might want to trade too. :)

I have for trade the Missouri 999 coin or anything in my Trade list which is in my sig line below.

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Texas

Mississippi

Arizona

Nevada

New Jersey

Georgia

Maine

Utah

Florida

Portugal

Japan

Czech Republic

Idaho

Connecticut

I have e-mailed most if not all event coordinators but perhaps some attendees might want to trade too. :)

I have for trade the Missouri 999 coin or anything in my Trade list which is in my sig line below.

CF30

I believe Maine & CT shared the same coin.

Texas

Mississippi

Arizona

Nevada

New Jersey

Georgia

Maine

Utah

Florida

Portugal

Japan

Czech Republic

Idaho

Connecticut

I have e-mailed most if not all event coordinators but perhaps some attendees might want to trade too. :laughing:

CF30

I believe Maine & CT shared the same coin.

Either would be great then. :)

CF30

Well I have a story to tell about my event.

I didn't plan well to start with. I thought..."how many people will show up for a mid week event, come on not that many." So I reserved a room at a local library that held 32 people. A month ago I had 25 "Will Attend" and decided to panic. In an effort to keep the event close to the original coordinates I found a space in Whole Foods that could hold 100 or so.

I check and we could us it but not reserve the space. But was told the space wasn't used that much so I shouldn't have an issue. I got there and they were correct, I think there was about 3 muggles there (easy to scare off when we all show up).

I start to setup and someone frm the store asked what the group was. I explained and told her that I had permission. She said no problem but I couldn't sell anything. :laughing: That's ok, I'll sell the coin in my car later. I said can I have a raffle (I had bought a new GPS and had some other items from my geocaching business to auction off (9 items in total). Her answer was, "no we can't have money exchanging hands". Well it looks like this will be a fun Meet and Greet with people sharing stories and coin collections.

Some 29 minutes into the event I let people know I would be selling the coins from my car in the parking lot. Ok, I know what some of you are thinking...deal from a car in a parking lot :) . Well I was able to sell 50 or so of my 75 coins from my car along with a number of other coins, containers and trackables. Add a mini event in the parking lot.

I closed up the car at 09:09:09 and packed it in. All in all it was a very successful event andI think the turn out was close to 99 people. I will make sure to de more research on the location and size for next years event.

Thanks for the organizers of the event and the coin.

Mike

If you are still interested in buying a Colorado coin send me an email. I might add them to the store if I have time.

Edited by Atwell Family

Our event went very well and the room was completely packed! We had several cachers attending their first ever event. They all had a great time and said what a great (noisy) group of people we are. One first time event cacher said they drove 2 1/2 hours to spend an hour with us!! FUN! I had a line up to buy coins as soon as I came in the door. I didn't have to wear my tie dye shirt as they found me pretty quickly and I sold all the coins I brought. We received a lot of nice compliments on the coin too (happy dance here!) Next time I would order more so that everyone that wanted one could buy one. After reading Eltada's post about a cake I ran out and was able to buy one at the last minute. Wished I would have thought of that earlier and ordered a special one but thems the breaks :):laughing: Oh yeah I found out afterwards that I wasn't supposed to take the cake into the restaurant :laughing: .......Now its one year and one month from today to 10-10-10 :D

Ok so this isn't a great picture, it doesn't have a cacher in it and no coin either but you did ask for pictures and it was the only one I took......This is my excuse and I am sticking to it --> I was happy that I remembered to take my camera but when I got it out to take the pictures I had forgotten the card in the card reader at home. DUH. I'm such a dork! I was only able to take a picture of the cake with my phone and I wasn't fast enough to get that before the cutting commenced.

2d3458d6-e0ff-478c-9666-1032a62db87a.jpg

Edited by LadyBee4T

Our event went great! Will post more details and pictures tomorrow (hopefully). The coins went fast and I was left with only a handful at the end of the night. I have contacted everyone who wanted to be placed on the waiting list for the Ontario coin to let them know if I had one for them or not. If you didn't get a message, please contact me.

I can't decide at this point whether I will reorder more coins or not...I would like to because I don't like people not getting one but I am not sure if I have enough interest for a full remint. If you were hoping for an Ontario coin and hadn't contacted me yet, please let me know. Thanks!

NJ's dual events (AM and PM ) were packed! 60+ at both events. The morning was at a Pancake house and the evening was outside (like a flashmob event). We dispersed at about 11:30 PM with all the geo-tales told and a few local caches found. The coins went fast.....!!!! Some great logs and good times yesterday!! One item we noted, the evening event brought out a dozen or more new cachers, some with only one find! They really enjoyed meeting folks and learning more about the sport. Their second cache was a mob of people, in unison, carrying GPSr's moving across a parking lot.. :)

I have one extra California geocoin to trade, but I have to figure out which one I want to trade it for! (of what's available). Yikes! How do I pick just one?!?

Do you still have it? Are you interested in a Japan 9-9-9 coin?

(BTW, Crowesfeat30, I've got you on my list to trade, so you've got a Japan 9-9-9 coin set aside and waiting for you. As do sillygirlandjrr, AtlantaGal, Vanelle, NOWSNOW, and Dale. I've had a number of people request to buy, and I have coins set aside for you as well; I should be posting sales information later today once I get PayPal all sorted out.)

I have one extra California geocoin to trade, but I have to figure out which one I want to trade it for! (of what's available). Yikes! How do I pick just one?!?

Do you still have it? Are you interested in a Japan 9-9-9 coin?

(BTW, Crowesfeat30, I've got you on my list to trade, so you've got a Japan 9-9-9 coin set aside and waiting for you. As do sillygirlandjrr, AtlantaGal, Vanelle, NOWSNOW, and Dale. I've had a number of people request to buy, and I have coins set aside for you as well; I should be posting sales information later today once I get PayPal all sorted out.)

I traded with AtlantaGal for the SC coin, but I do know that gillianms REALLY wants a Japan coin and has an extra California coin. I shall poke her into sending you a message. :anibad:

Ok, I tried to post earlier but my son was seeking my attention and decided to press the power button on my computer. :anibad: Needless to say, he got my attention!

Our event went really well. Not sure the exact number but probably in the ballpark of 100 people or so. The space was jam-packed! In fact, there were people there almost an hour early -- we had gone early to set up and they beat us there!

Received some really nice comments about the event and the cakes that my friend made. Gave away coins and other caching goodies as door prizes and of course, sold lots of event coins.

Below are some pics I thought you might like!

a082c224-654d-40ab-829a-77e9d0e6684b.jpg

6d10c136-4060-422f-b489-16cbc3e6f08a.jpg

94528133-c77e-4e0c-8f4b-7a3a87fddae7.jpg

To whoever designed the 9-9-9 coins you did a super job! Also, you folks that decided the color schemes for the different event versions did really good too! To keep from overextending myself I've only asked to buy about a half dozen of the different event coins and so far I'm doing better than I ever thought I would. I have 3 of the 9-9-9 geocoins in hand, have one more I'm sure I'll get when the event organizer has a chance to send out some PayPal invoices and there's a couple others I'm crossing my fingers on. While there's not really all that many coins I feel I really want for my personal collection these coins are ones I knew I had to at least try and get. Thanks everybody!!!! :anibad: