Nine

avroair

I would have a field day with a 100 yen store....the stuff looks so much better than our dollar trees.

Will try to find a spot to hide the cache this weekend. when it goes active, I'll post it here if you want to watch it. And trust me, the FTF'ers around my neck of the woods are hilarious for their log/counterlogs in the race for the find.

Sorry if it has been posted in another thread, but Having been on the receiving end of Jackgirls generous and very artistic nature (non geo related) I would love to see what you received from Jackalgirl and the store/cache... it all sounds like great fun B)

We are slowly building a care package for JG and her gorgeous girl to try and repay her amazing efforts. :P

I would have a field day with a 100 yen store....the stuff looks so much better than our dollar trees.

Will try to find a spot to hide the cache this weekend. when it goes active, I'll post it here if you want to watch it. And trust me, the FTF'ers around my neck of the woods are hilarious for their log/counterlogs in the race for the find.

Sorry if it has been posted in another thread, but Having been on the receiving end of Jackgirls generous and very artistic nature (non geo related) I would love to see what you received from Jackalgirl and the store/cache... it all sounds like great fun B)

We are slowly building a care package for JG and her gorgeous girl to try and repay her amazing efforts. :P

Oh, please, you don't need to do that! Summer still cherishes the wonderful teddy bear that Queenie-Boo-Bay sent her*. : ) Seriously, no worries, please!

Edited again to add: I get too may people switched up in my old age. Queenie-Boo-Bay sent the bear to Summer as a part of a mission exchange. AlliedOz's project was something else (and very fun: Flat Stanley). I really appreciate that you'd like to send a care package and of course would be honored to receive it but please don't worry about it. Projects like missions, educational projects (like Flat Stanley) or educational missions, etc -- they're all such a joy for me to do that I really am just happy to have the opportunity.

Back to the originally scheduled post:

(I would love to see photos of the cache/FTF logs, etc -- it's always great to see reactions to stuff like this. : ) )

Edited to add: speaking of photos, would people mind making sure to get some photos of people at your events with the coins? I'd love to see some 9-9-9 coin "action shots"!

Edited by Jackalgirl

I've been kicking around the idea of using washes on shiny-finish coins to bring out the detail for a while. So I tried it out on the 9-9-9 event coins for Misawa, Japan:

ef9d7ff8-3623-4d42-8f20-6a0687c73f12.jpg

It's a light wash of Payne's Gray, and if I can get my husband's help, I'll be airbrushing these with a coat of Pledge (aka Future) to seal the wash more thoroughly.

These are the coins that those who've helped get the event set up and executed will be getting, so there are very few of them. I wanted the "staff" to have something special. : )

Unfortunately, the wash didn't turn out as evenly as I would have liked (probably because the coin already has sealant on it, preventing the wash from adhering), but I don't think it turned out too badly at all. It certainly helps the clouds pop.

Edited by Jackalgirl

The wash looks really nice, Jackalgirl. I'm curious to know how it holds up over time.

NOSNOW, I know the coin is supposed to have a unique icon, but I haven't seen it show up on gc.com yet...

Is anyone else really busy tonight organizing for tomorrow's event?? Just when I think I have it all together, I remember something else I need to do!

The wash looks really nice, Jackalgirl. I'm curious to know how it holds up over time.

NOSNOW, I know the coin is supposed to have a unique icon, but I haven't seen it show up on gc.com yet...

Is anyone else really busy tonight organizing for tomorrow's event?? Just when I think I have it all together, I remember something else I need to do!

You and me both

Looks like there aren't any events in my area and I am in search of two of the new 9-9-9 coins that are being released today. I'm not picky about which region/color, I just need two of them. I don't have anything to trade, so it would need to be a straight purchase.

I am seeking these coins as a gift for my wife to commemorate our 9th anniversary, which we are celebrating on 09-09-09.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks!

Nope, I've had everything packed up and ready to go since this weekend. Can't wait for mini cheeseburgers and team trivia at Cheeseburger in Paradise tonight :lol:

Edited by AtlantaGal

I have had the majority of stuff done but had a few last minute things to do yesterday. Hopefully I am all ready now. Last minute chat with the venue made me a bit nervous but I think all the kinks are ironed out now <crossing fingers>.

Originally I thought if I had 40 people I would be doing well for my first event but with over 50 will attends (about 120 people), I am now worried that I will run out of coins! (only ordered 50)

I am eager to see the cake my friend made -- she is my friend and goes out caching with me as well. She agreed to make/decorate a cake for the occasion so I am intrigued to see what she came up with.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone's event went -- and maybe seeing pictures if there are people willing to share?

Have a great day everyone!

I am now worried that I will run out of coins! (only ordered 50)

I am eager to see the cake my friend made -- she is my friend and goes out caching with me as well. She agreed to make/decorate a cake for the occasion so I am intrigued to see what she came up with.

Oh Oh Oh a cake! I didn't think of that and it's a great idea!!! I'm running off to the bakery and see what I can do and if they have time to put the 9-9-9 on!!.......

I have pulled out some coins for myself but I also think that we will sell out the coins. Never thought that would happen LOL

Everyone have a great event!!

Nope, I've had everything packed up and ready to go since this weekend. Can't wait for mini cheeseburgers and team trivia at Cheeseburger in Paradise tonight :lol:

AG?? Mini cheeseburgers? Do you think you'll actually have time to eat tonight? I have visions of you being swamped by the attendees who will be shoving and elbowing each other out of the way to buy one of your 9/9/09 coins. I also have visions of my being swamped as they come through the door. I figure I'll eat around 9:09 or thereafter!

My "reservations" from the event attendees are coming pretty fast and furious this afternoon. LOL I expect a line up to get them. Wish I had ordered a few more

Holy cow, the same is happening here. My attendance rate has ballooned in the last 24 hours, and I really have no idea now whether the coins will sell out or not.

My "reservations" from the event attendees are coming pretty fast and furious this afternoon. LOL I expect a line up to get them. Wish I had ordered a few more

Holy cow, the same is happening here. My attendance rate has ballooned in the last 24 hours, and I really have no idea now whether the coins will sell out or not.

And to think I was worried before that we wouldn't sell them all :lol::(

Yesterday I posted a note on the event page telling people that if they wanted a coin to please let me know as there weren't many left. After that the reservations came pouring in!

I contacted Emma about ordering another 50 after the event and she said it was possible (though it would cost a smidge more - not bad really). So at least I know that I could take orders for a remint.

Wish I had thought of implementing some type of reservation system...I just had no clue I would get this many attending -- I was thinking I would have tons of coins left over!

Me too...all of my coins have been spoken for since the weekend. My little meet-n-greet blossomed into a pretty decent sized event.

Me too...all of my coins have been spoken for since the weekend. My little meet-n-greet blossomed into a pretty decent sized event.

Can't make it tonight, pretty bummed, but I'll be carrying my Pittsburgh 999 coin with me as a talisman!

I hope you guys have a blast!

AG?? Mini cheeseburgers? Do you think you'll actually have time to eat tonight? I have visions of you being swamped by the attendees who will be shoving and elbowing each other out of the way to buy one of your 9/9/09 coins. I also have visions of my being swamped as they come through the door. I figure I'll eat around 9:09 or thereafter!

Oh, I am SO eating!

I had figured that the event would be on the small size since it was on a weeknight. I was worried that the 100 I ordered would not sell, but now with more than 100 people saying that they will be attending, I kinda wish I had ordered more. Oh well. It should be a blast!

--Marky

I had figured that the event would be on the small size since it was on a weeknight. I was worried that the 100 I ordered would not sell, but now with more than 100 people saying that they will be attending, I kinda wish I had ordered more. Oh well. It should be a blast!

--Marky

Same here... 145 people will attend! Bring it! :lol: