Nine

avroair

Disclaimer: Event organizers, I know these are your coins to do with as you please, but I would ask that you please refrain from selling, trading and distributing them before the 09-09-09 events. They are meant to be sold in conjunction with the date. I don't mind preselling them etc, just would prefer that they aren't hocked now! w

Seeing all these photos, who's up for trading? :lol: Email if you would like to trade for a Seattle coin. (provided I have any left!) :anibad:

I am confused...first you ask us to refrain from selling, trading, etc until the event, and then you post to set up trades for yourself. Do as I say, not as I do?

Sorry...I just could not resist giving you a hard time Mark :mad::blink:

Guess that does sound backwards. Basically, I was setting aside coins for trades with other event organizers, what I didn't want happening was people ebaying, selling and distributing the coins before the events happen. I have no problem with pre-selling, would just rather people keep what they have for the event... kinda defeats the purpose of a 9-9-9 event when all the coins are sold before it! ;)

And yes, executive Cloud9 order, section 9, article 9, sub-article 9 clearly states that event organizers my comingle coins with other event organizers since the scale is .999th % of the overall selling and trading that will happen. These aren't rules... more like guidelines! :lol:

Edit to add: So does that mean you wanna trade Lenore? :ph34r: Cause the Seattle coins arrived yesterday and they look sweet! :lol:

Edited by avroair

Connecticut totally missed the boat on ordering a customized coin, but Maine has graciously offered to provide/sell any surplus to their New England brothers and sisters! Even though we're late to the party, thanks to all involved in organizing these events and making the coins a reality!

I really like the antique finishes and I think this coin looks so good with them. I received my Colorado version yesterday. I am willing to trade for any antique version. Please send pictures with trade request.

Mike atwellfamily net

Can you post a picture of your coin too?

Actually I'd like to see pictures of all the coins when they are received!

Here you go!!

6N-02175-as-f.jpg6N-02175-as-b.jpg

I took the colors from:

9-9-9_QonoS.gif

"Sunset on QonoS" aka "Fireball"

They wouldn't let me do the two-tone so I just went with the Antique Silver (my favorite finish).

Disclaimer: Event organizers, I know these are your coins to do with as you please, but I would ask that you please refrain from selling, trading and distributing them before the 09-09-09 events. They are meant to be sold in conjunction with the date. I don't mind preselling them etc, just would prefer that they aren't hocked now! w

Seeing all these photos, who's up for trading? :D Email if you would like to trade for a Seattle coin. (provided I have any left!) :)

I am confused...first you ask us to refrain from selling, trading, etc until the event, and then you post to set up trades for yourself. Do as I say, not as I do?

Sorry...I just could not resist giving you a hard time Mark :blink::)

Guess that does sound backwards. Basically, I was setting aside coins for trades with other event organizers, what I didn't want happening was people ebaying, selling and distributing the coins before the events happen. I have no problem with pre-selling, would just rather people keep what they have for the event... kinda defeats the purpose of a 9-9-9 event when all the coins are sold before it! :)

And yes, executive Cloud9 order, section 9, article 9, sub-article 9 clearly states that event organizers my comingle coins with other event organizers since the scale is .999th % of the overall selling and trading that will happen. These aren't rules... more like guidelines! :D

Edit to add: So does that mean you wanna trade Lenore? :huh: Cause the Seattle coins arrived yesterday and they look sweet! B)

I would be happy to "comingle" coins with you. :)

Can someone post a final list of everyone who ordered coins, please?

So I will know exactly who I need to contact in order to arrange trades with? :huh:

CF30

Bookmark list isn't helpful? I'd think each person hosting and event would be your contact.

Yes quite, but I'm having some coinfusion! Washington seems to have two events. So does New York & New Jersey. Same coin? :blink: Idaho has a coin (I think) but no event listed. Same with Florida. And what about that event in Kabul? Coin or no coin? Avroair posted the composite pic of all of the artwork; there were 26 coins showing there + California not pictured and not all were labeled as to where they were going. Someone said that there were 28 Events (and coins? I dunno for sure). And you have 29 events on your Bookmark list - some two events for some states. D'ya see my coinfusion?

So it would be helpful if I knew

1. exactly how many coins vs events

2. exactly who to cointact. :)

CF30

So all I had to do was wait one more day for the coins to arrive, I was just a bit concerned as others had mentioned shipping notices and I was still waiting for that before expecting any coins.

The biggest box of coins I have every received :blink:

Will trade for other 999's

6e9a8ee1-9a75-4f42-96bd-c7e4d06e02f8.jpg

Of course it is raining here today... so when there was a slight break I dashed outside set up, got two test pictures and it started to rain again. So these will have to do. :huh:

So I will know exactly who I need to contact in order to arrange trades with? :huh:

CF30

Bookmark list isn't helpful? I'd think each person hosting and event would be your contact.

Yes quite, but I'm having some coinfusion! Washington seems to have two events. So does New York & New Jersey. Same coin? :blink: Idaho has a coin (I think) but no event listed. Same with Florida. And what about that event in Kabul? Coin or no coin? Avroair posted the composite pic of all of the artwork; there were 26 coins showing there + California not pictured and not all were labeled as to where they were going. Someone said that there were 28 Events (and coins? I dunno for sure). And you have 29 events on your Bookmark list - some two events for some states. D'ya see my coinfusion?

CF30

I know the NJ is shared. Not sure on any of the others.

So I will know exactly who I need to contact in order to arrange trades with? :)

CF30

Yes quite, but I'm having some coinfusion! Washington seems to have two events. So does New York & New Jersey. Same coin? :huh: Idaho has a coin (I think) but no event listed. Same with Florida. And what about that event in Kabul? Coin or no coin? Avroair posted the composite pic of all of the artwork; there were 26 coins showing there + California not pictured and not all were labeled as to where they were going. Someone said that there were 28 Events (and coins? I dunno for sure). And you have 29 events on your Bookmark list - some two events for some states. D'ya see my coinfusion?

CF30

I know the NJ is shared. Not sure on any of the others.

I have shared some of the booty with caching friends in South Australia for their Multi Event, >>HERE<< this was an after thought and not part of the original planning when the coin colours were being selected. So that might throw out your count a bit... :blink:

I know I am waaay too late to go for the coins, but I am holding an event on 9/9/2009 and would like to link it in to all the others. I am in the UK, but Lizzardman's event is 200 miles away in another county entirely. Who is the global enabler of this?... can my little event be included please?

I know I am waaay too late to go for the coins, but I am holding an event on 9/9/2009 and would like to link it in to all the others. I am in the UK, but Lizzardman's event is 200 miles away in another county entirely. Who is the global enabler of this?... can my little event be included please?

The bookmark list is for this geocoin group, not for just any 9-9-09 event.

So all I had to do was wait one more day for the coins to arrive, I was just a bit concerned as others had mentioned shipping notices and I was still waiting for that before expecting any coins.

The biggest box of coins I have every received :P

Will trade for other 999's

6e9a8ee1-9a75-4f42-96bd-c7e4d06e02f8.jpg

Of course it is raining here today... so when there was a slight break I dashed outside set up, got two test pictures and it started to rain again. So these will have to do. :)

I like that color scheme. Looks nice.

Some extra versions were made just in case; I don't know if they were already all spoken for. Try getting in touch with Mark (Avroair) to see if there's anything that can be done...(and good luck!)

Very happy to say that my box of coins arrived while I was away up north - YAHOO!

Today I was able to take some pictures and I thought I would post some for people to see...

6675bb05-e7fa-410c-ab64-b90edd578b33.jpg

Front and Back

c1cf21f7-f703-4682-85d4-6bad472df1e9.jpg

Front - Different angle

912543bd-5ad1-46cc-88de-d1e5a565a427.jpg

This one was for fun - thanks Jackalgirl for the graphic!

Some extra versions were made just in case; I don't know if they were already all spoken for. Try getting in touch with Mark (Avroair) to see if there's anything that can be done...(and good luck!)

We made extra versions which are all spoken for. The only events sharing coins are the two New Jersey events, the two New Yorks have different coins, as do the two Washingtons. Idaho = Spokane, Washington, same event.

I am not sure if a Connecticut event coin was resolved.

We made extra versions which are all spoken for. The only events sharing coins are the two New Jersey events, the two New Yorks have different coins, as do the two Washingtons. Idaho = Spokane, Washington, same event.

I am not sure if a Connecticut event coin was resolved.

I could be wrong, but I understand that Connecticut will be sharing coins with Maine.

(Misawa) Japan's coins are in too:

9-9-9_Coins(Day).jpg

9-9-9_Coin(Night).jpg

I am so excited!

Those are beautiful. I love the Maine (NE one) but yours are awesome witb the Glow! Nice photos, too!

O I see, go ahead and put it up against a nice backdrop etc! Guess I could photograph mine on a barstool! :blink:

Thank you all for the lovely complements and yes, I should have some to trade; I'm really looking forward to trading with everyone. : )

The truth of the photo: I have brass coin stands that I normally use. In the process of packing up Summer's room (she figured out how to climb out of the crib, so instead of it being the-hobby-room-with-the-crib-in-it, it became Summer's room outright, and all of Pat's stuff and mine had to go) -- anyway, in the process of packing it all up, Pat packed up the stands. I have one but wanted to get them both. I happen to have small sake cups so it struck me that I could use them. And in pulling them out of the cabinet, I saw the sake pitcher. So, long story short: I didn't plan to do this -- alas, I'm not that creative. It was a very happy accident.

I think that coins are bar stools would be kinda cool. : )

jackalgirl, I'm sort of secretly hoping there's a 9-9-9 coin in my cointest win...but if there's not, I know I'll want one of yours. :)

I'm afraid not -- :P Tho I hope you like what I stashed in there anyway. And I will be totally up for a trade. Like I said, I expect all of about five people to show up for our event. We're a very small community. I do want to set aside a number of coins to sell outright -- as a fundraiser for MiGO(Japan), but I am reserving a few for trades, too. If I don't have enough for trade, I hope you event holders will be willing to sell your spares; I'm more than happy to pay full price (for a few; I'm unfortunately not made of money) to support other organizations.

I have 3 SC coins of what I am buying still available to trade with other 9/9 events. If you're trying to complete the set or want the SC version in trade your your 9/9 coin, email me through my geocaching profile.

I've already secured trades with NY, MO & HI.

Add MI, MN & NJ.

Only 1 more available for trade if there's any other organizer who is looking to complete the set.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I have 3 SC coins of what I am buying still available to trade with other 9/9 events. If you're trying to complete the set or want the SC version in trade your your 9/9 coin, email me through my geocaching profile.

I've already secured trades with NY, MO & HI.

Add MI, MN & NJ.

Only 1 more available for trade if there's any other organizer who is looking to complete the set.

Pick me! Pick me! B) I have a lot of people coming to my event. 48 will attends = 90 people, not including those who haven't RSVPed :D 100 coins... it's going to be a stampede! B)

My 9-9-9 cointest box arrived today.

The highlights of the box (besides the two geocoins and the pathtag) was the wooden puzzle, the japanese juggling beanbags, and three stuffed (I think they are) sushi...complete with what one of my students say are cell phone dangles. My wife laughed as she thought that some of them didn't quite look like sushi if you turned them certain ways.

My enjoyment from the box, and now have to find a spot to hide it for a 9-9-9 cache. Need to go wandering around this weekend.

Thanks again to Jackalgirl!

Edited by Ashallond

I have a question. It's not about the coin but the hour of the Event. I tried to found a topic about the subject but was not lucky so, here I am.

Here we have one at 9 in the morning. Until now, only 2 people logged their Will attend B)

Could someone else organized one also at 9 in the evening. I'm pretty sure more people would show up :D

I have a question. It's not about the coin but the hour of the Event. I tried to found a topic about the subject but was not lucky so, here I am.

Here we have one at 9 in the morning. Until now, only 2 people logged their Will attend B)

Could someone else organized one also at 9 in the evening. I'm pretty sure more people would show up :P

I believe you are within the two week window for submitting a cache, but you could always change the time and email the 2 attendees and tell them it has moved. Oh la la!

Ash, I'm really glad you guys had fun with the cache. I always enjoy trips to the 100 Yen store to pick out crazy Japanese swag. You're right, those are cellphone fobs, but they could just as easily be GPSr fobs. ; ) And the soft-sculpture things are meant to be sushi.

General update, everyone: after the MiGO (Japan) 09-09-09 event, I am absolutely sure that I will have some spares to trade, and we'll also be selling spares for $9.99 each. After the event, I'll post another update with the actual numbers of what's available and links to further information. Those of who with 09-09-09 coins to trade who've already contacted me about trades, I'll be making sure I have one set aside for you.

I would have a field day with a 100 yen store....the stuff looks so much better than our dollar trees.

Will try to find a spot to hide the cache this weekend. when it goes active, I'll post it here if you want to watch it. And trust me, the FTF'ers around my neck of the woods are hilarious for their log/counterlogs in the race for the find.