Nine

avroair

As an update from the color side of the house: I've got seven color sets already chosen (or close enough to being finalized that the color choices are clear), with one pending. That leaves 22 (!) to go. Please, please, please please please get your color choices in before Thursday. I'm actually going on leave on Friday (Japan time; Thursday evening in most areas of the States) and may not be capable (technologically or mentally; I'm traveling to the States with my extremely loud, curious, and rambunctious 22-month old by myself) of checking email until the middle of next week. Oh, did I mention I have a paper to write comparing/contrasting The Seven Samurai with The Magnificent Seven? Yeah, that too. ; )

I'm not whining, mind you. Just askin' the other 22 of you not to wait until Thursday to get your color choices in. Avroair and I will need some time to help settle color conflicts, should they arise, so sooner is better than later, pretty please with fire tacks on top. : )

Edited to add: that is, for those of you who want to get in on the event coin, o' course.

Hi

We're thinking on something different this year. We are poinying to a "Templar version" with Red, Black and White strong colors. Is this possible?

Paulo

Sure... not sure what a strong white, compared to a weak white would look like though. :) Email Kat with color choices or suggestions.

Hi

We're thinking on something different this year. We are poinying to a "Templar version" with Red, Black and White strong colors. Is this possible?

Paulo

Sure... not sure what a strong white, compared to a weak white would look like though. :) Email Kat with color choices or suggestions.

I took it as solid PMS ink colors.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Howdy all --

I'm back! Summer and I survived (and had a fun time) and now I'm catching up on what I need to get done (both pathtag-related stuff, art that people at work have asked for, and 9-9-9 coin organization).

I do not know what Avroair has sent out during the past weekend. If you sent him color information or tweaks, don't worry if you don't see it reflected in the site. As soon as I get the information from him I will get my stuff updated. If you haven't sent him anything this weekend and still need to get in your color choices or tweaks, please do so ASAP.

Here's what I've got so far:

Colorado (Denver)

Georgia

Hawaii

Illinois

Michigan (Southeast)

Minnesota

Missouri

New Jersey

New York

Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)

South Carolina

Texas

Australia (Western)

Canada (Ontario)

Japan

UK

Looks like there will be 24 different versions (maybe 23, but looking like 24). Sorry the website isn't updated with the latest additions, but it's midnight and I need to go to bed. I'll update the file tomorrow and post again so that y'all can go look if you'd like to see.

I've been sending the spreadsheet to Mark almost continuously; if I am not mistaken, the mint is already working on mint art. So I'm thinking that we should be seeing mint art fairly soon here. : )

Hi, all --

The list is updated. Sorry it got so out of date; it dropped off my radar when the deadline passed. But it should be good to go now: if there are errors, it's due to my HTML coding -- rest assured that the master spreadsheet contains the data that you confirmed via email (I did a mail merge to generate those emails).

-- JG

Coin artwork update:

By now some of you will be getting mint artwork emailed to you for review. I have looked over the incoming files so far and I am really impressed with many of the color choices! They look great! (a tease I know, since I am not posting artwork here right now).

Feel free to post your artwork here or on your cache pages.

Edited by avroair

Here's the Missouri version! :ph34r:

Rather "Mardi Gras-ish" but actually quite appropriate for the St. Louis Area. :D

Can't wait to see everyone else's!!!

CF30

Niiiice ! I hope mine holds up against this one and the others :( getting a little nervous now.

It was attached to your email but the file format may have been wrong. Will re-send it. :)

Coupla things...

SC event has been relocated to MYRTLE BEACH. So for those of you like Vanelle who listed all the detailed locations in their cache page copy, you might want to edit that.

The bookmark list for these (and only these) 9/9/09 events can be viewed here: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...e8-83f87d370ea2

Post a link to your event page in this thread as your event page becomes active so I can add your event to this bookmark list, thanks.

The bookmark list for these (and only these) 9/9/09 events can be viewed here: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...e8-83f87d370ea2

Umm... I could be wrong but I think your Bookmark list is still private... :( When I click the link provided it says that I do not have permission to view the list... :ph34r:

CF30

Hmm, both public and share checkboxes are checked off.

[/quote

I got the same message :D

Umm... I could be wrong but I think your Bookmark list is still private... :( When I click the link provided it says that I do not have permission to view the list... :lol:

CF30

Hmm, both public and share checkboxes are checked off.

I got the same message too. I also do not see a bookmark list on my event page (I had already posted the link to the event, so I thought it would already be added).

Don't see his name or the area listed on the list above??????

Look again, the area is listed. Just didn't have confirmation at that time.

I have seen no posts nor artwork from the representative from the Bay Area?

I haven't heard from nielsenc about who is running the Bay Area event. No one has contacted me.

Don't see his name or the area listed on the list above??????

Look again, the area is listed. Just didn't have confirmation at that time.

I have seen no posts nor artwork from the representative from the Bay Area?

I haven't heard from nielsenc about who is running the Bay Area event. No one has contacted me.

Well as you can see from the post above AG confirmed nielsenc was organizing the bay area. I posted a note in GCBA, but received no replies. Are we to assume it's just not happening in our area?

Here's the event for New York: GC1VR40

Any chance there will be another NY event? Thats a long way from NYC or the 5 Boro's...

No. You should have Maine and South Jersey as well. I think that's it for in your area.

Ithaca is *kind of* in the middle of the state geographically, but not the population center. It's BEAUTIFUL here if you want to come out and cache.