Illinois (Peoria) - 2LittleCache

California (SF) ?

Utah (SLC) ?

Japan (Misawa) - Jackalgirl

Portugal (Lisbon) - PLnauta

United Kingdom - Lizzardman

Australia (Western) - AlliedOz

Canada (Ontario) - ELTADA

I would say we still need a price on coins, they look great but aprice would be enven better, you are talking 25 events so far. Even at 50 coins per event that should add up to a great deal on the price for 1250 coins. And if we are all investing in this we should all see the quote from the coin dealer. Just my thoughts any ways.

I would say we still need a price on coins, they look great but aprice would be enven better, you are talking 25 events so far. Even at 50 coins per event that should add up to a great deal on the price for 1250 coins. And if we are all investing in this we should all see the quote from the coin dealer. Just my thoughts any ways.

I can confidently say that this is in progress. I've given Avroair the final art for the coin and he's working with the vendor to get an idea of what's possible and how much it'll cost. If he hasn't posted the information yet, it's not because he's holding onto the price -- it's because he hasn't gotten it back from the vendor yet. : )

I would say we still need a price on coins, they look great but aprice would be enven better, you are talking 25 events so far.

As long as you emailed Avroair with the requested information and he has your email address, you will receive pricing information when it's known. Dispite what Jackagirl said, this info WILL NOT appear in this thread other than to say we have it and it was emailed to each host. No pricing info should be posted to the forums.

Even at 50 coins per event that should add up to a great deal on the price for 1250 coins. And if we are all investing in this we should all see the quote from the coin dealer. Just my thoughts any ways.

The mint may consider each color scheme a separate coin, and thus bulk pricing may not be offered. Don't assume anything with the mint. It simply depends on how badly they want the job or not. I'm prepared that we may each get a quote for 50 or 100 base metal coins with X amount of color choices. Anything else like aditional color or metal finishes would be the standard additional cost to a given host who wants those extra options.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Sorry - I just stumbled onto this thread.

Would you be interested in a Middle Eastern leg too?

We could get a small event going here in Abu Dhabi.

Can we plan an evening get together or is there a post with the requirements for the events?

Thanks

Yes! You can pretty much host the event at whatever time you want. With time zones and all, they actually don't all occur simultaniously anyway. Since it is a Wednesday, I'm pretty sure most events will be in the evening hours. As far as I know, there are no specific requirements as to what you do at your event other than to possibly title it a certain way.

Please post if you are definitely going to host an event and if you will be able to pay for your event coins via PayPal (I know at one point PayPal was not available to the Middle East).

Edited by AtlantaGal

As long as you emailed Avroair with the requested information and he has your email address, you will receive pricing information when it's known. Dispite what Jackagirl said, this info WILL NOT appear in this thread other than to say we have it and it was emailed to each host. No pricing info should be posted to the forums.

Ooops, I stand corrected!

Two more US events...

Washington (Seattle) - Avroair

Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) - Dressel Dragons

Michigan (Southeast) - LadyBee4T

South Carolina (Conway) - AtlantaGal & Chickahominy

Texas (Dallas) - Mustang Joni & Cache in Hand

Hawaii (Honolulu) - sillygirl & jrr

Mississippi (Jackson) - Prntr1

North Carolina (Chapel Hill) - Maingray

Missouri (St Louis) - Crowesfeat30

Nevada (Las Vegas) - UFgatorgirl

New York (Central) - Vanelle

Alabama (Huntsville) - Clarkbowman

New Jersey (South) - JoenSue

Georgia (Columbus) - fatkidsOTWunite

Oregon (Eastern) - River Cacher

Maine - Kayakerinme

Colorado (Denver) - Atwell Family

Minnesota (St Paul) - No Snow & ShadowsFriend

South Dakota (Sioux Falls) - GPXnavigators

California (SF) ?

Utah (SLC) ?

Yep, certainly. Except they mint doesn't recognize the order as 1250 coins, it recognizes it as 25, 50 coin orders... they worked out long ago how to gouge the prices. :laughing: Hoping to have the information and breakdown of costs very soon. Waiting on the mint...

Can anyone upload a photo of the back of the coin yet? I'm curious as to what it looks like.

Me too. I will need to see the completed artwork before selecting options & colors... :)

Also: Is there a final count for participating events yet? That info would help in the decision on how many coins to order. ;)

Thank you, CF30

Can anyone upload a photo of the back of the coin yet? I'm curious as to what it looks like.

Me too. I will need to see the completed artwork before selecting options & colors... :)

Also: Is there a final count for participating events yet? That info would help in the decision on how many coins to order. ;)

Thank you, CF30

Yes I also need to see the artwork before making those selections. Also where are the colors located that we can choose from?

Two questions have occurred to me since receiving the artwork:

1. How many colors may I choose? The artwork & examples seem to show as many as four

and

2. Am I limited to 1 glitter color choice for the extra charge or may I have more than one for the stated price? In other words you say that I can have:

Glitter - 1 side only $0.XX a coin

Glitter - 2 sides $0.XX a coin

Does that mean as many glitters as I want on one or both sides for that much or is it $0.XX for each glitter choice?

Thanks, CF30

Oh and one more: Exactly what areas am I choosing colors for? I mean, for example: is the cloud area supposed to be enameled? It's hard to tell for sure with the blueprint. It rather looks like the clouds are all metal from the color key. :rolleyes:

Doh! Edit to say I took a closer look at the blueprint - the lower set... :rolleyes: Still looking for an answer to the forst two questions, tho. :D

Thanks again, CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Would four different translucents - front - and two translucents (same as on front) and perhaps as many as three glitters on the back be too much? :rolleyes:

I don't have a graphics program to manipulate the blueprint so i'm just trying to imagine this in my head... :D

CF30

P.S. Need two different glitters for the compass points....

Two questions have occurred to me since receiving the artwork:

1. How many colors may I choose? The artwork & examples seem to show as many as four

and

2. Am I limited to 1 glitter color choice for the extra charge or may I have more than one for the stated price? In other words you say that I can have:

Glitter - 1 side only $0.XX a coin

Glitter - 2 sides $0.XX a coin

Does that mean as many glitters as I want on one or both sides for that much or is it $0.XX for each glitter choice?

Thanks, CF30

Yes I'm having trouble figuring out these things too especially how many colors to choose......

Hello all!

Just here looking for an update. We have our event in the works and we're eager to pick coin colors. I gather from the recent posts that we might have quite a few decisions to make about the color choices! Where can i find the blueprints being mentioned?

Also, are there guidelines for what we name our events such as a particular phrasing in addition to 090909 ?

Thanks a bunch!

Janet and Avery

fatkidsOTWunite!

Hello all!

Just here looking for an update. We have our event in the works and we're eager to pick coin colors. I gather from the recent posts that we might have quite a few decisions to make about the color choices! Where can i find the blueprints being mentioned?

Also, are there guidelines for what we name our events such as a particular phrasing in addition to 090909 ?

Thanks a bunch!

Janet and Avery

fatkidsOTWunite!

Mark told me tonight on the phone that your email is bouncing back to him.

Maine - Kayakerinme

Need emails for these locations :)

Bah, I can't handle this. If someone will help me out with a Bay Area, CA event, I'll do it. I've never been to an event, but it seems very sad that there won't be one! Anyone out there been to an event and willing to help me figure out what to do? :)

I even put a note on the Geocachers of the Bay Area forum. I didn't even get ONE reply! :)

Confirmed:

Washington (Seattle) - Avroair

Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) - Dressel Dragons

Michigan (Southeast) - LadyBee4T & TeamEccs21

South Carolina (Conway) - AtlantaGal & Chickahominy

Texas (Dallas) - Mustang Joni & Cache in Hand

Hawaii (Honolulu) - sillygirl & jrr

Mississippi (Jackson) - Prntr1

Missouri (St Louis) - Crowesfeat30

New York (Central) - Vanelle

New Jersey (South) - JoenSue

Georgia (Columbus) - fatkidsOTWunite

Maine - Kayakerinme

Colorado (Denver) - Atwell Family

Minnesota (St Paul) - No Snow & ShadowsFriend

South Dakota (Sioux Falls) - GPXnavigators

California (SF) - nielsenc

Utah (SLC) - hjnielsen

Unconfirmed:

Germany ?

Middle East (Abu Dhabi) - ?

As an update from the color side of the house: I've got seven color sets already chosen (or close enough to being finalized that the color choices are clear), with one pending. That leaves 22 (!) to go. Please, please, please please please get your color choices in before Thursday. I'm actually going on leave on Friday (Japan time; Thursday evening in most areas of the States) and may not be capable (technologically or mentally; I'm traveling to the States with my extremely loud, curious, and rambunctious 22-month old by myself) of checking email until the middle of next week. Oh, did I mention I have a paper to write comparing/contrasting The Seven Samurai with The Magnificent Seven? Yeah, that too. ; )

I'm not whining, mind you. Just askin' the other 22 of you not to wait until Thursday to get your color choices in. Avroair and I will need some time to help settle color conflicts, should they arise, so sooner is better than later, pretty please with fire tacks on top. : )

Edited to add: that is, for those of you who want to get in on the event coin, o' course.

Edited by Jackalgirl
I'll work on colors tonight

Some (likely dumb) questions:

Trackable on gc.com?

If I order 50, how many go to other hosts or is that completely up to me?

I am planning on ordering 75 so I can trade for one of each of the others made and still have about 50 to sell.

Oh and the trackable info in on the edge. <_<

CF30

I'll work on colors tonight

Some (likely dumb) questions:

Trackable on gc.com?

If I order 50, how many go to other hosts or is that completely up to me?

The amount that you want to trade to others even the other hosts is completely up to you. Some hosts want one from each place and others don't so don't assume you need 25 coins just for the other hosts.

Maine - Kayakerinme

Need emails for these locations <_<

Hi

Just found me at

plnauta@gmail.com

Paulo

As an update from the color side of the house: I've got seven color sets already chosen (or close enough to being finalized that the color choices are clear), with one pending. That leaves 22 (!) to go. Please, please, please please please get your color choices in before Thursday. I'm actually going on leave on Friday (Japan time; Thursday evening in most areas of the States) and may not be capable (technologically or mentally; I'm traveling to the States with my extremely loud, curious, and rambunctious 22-month old by myself) of checking email until the middle of next week. Oh, did I mention I have a paper to write comparing/contrasting The Seven Samurai with The Magnificent Seven? Yeah, that too. ; )

I'm not whining, mind you. Just askin' the other 22 of you not to wait until Thursday to get your color choices in. Avroair and I will need some time to help settle color conflicts, should they arise, so sooner is better than later, pretty please with fire tacks on top. : )

Edited to add: that is, for those of you who want to get in on the event coin, o' course.

Hi

We're thinking on something different this year. We are poinying to a "Templar version" with Red, Black and White strong colors. Is this possible?

Paulo

Hi

We're thinking on something different this year. We are poinying to a "Templar version" with Red, Black and White strong colors. Is this possible?

Paulo

Hi

Paulo

Howdy, Paulo -- I just shot you an email with the color gouge; as stated in my email, I owe you another email with some additional helpful info once I get home from work. : )

Here are the groups whose color sets I have for sure (or, at least, are close enough to be considered mostly done):

Japan

South Carolina

Minnesota

New Jersey

Illinois

Hawaii

Colorado (Denver)

Missouri

Pittsburgh

Michigan (Southeast)

UK

Pending: Australia (Western)

Seattle

Edited to add: the "Noir", "Sunset - Green", and "Storm" versions have been reserved.

Edited to add (again): Took Mississippi off the list; I don't actually have specific colors & color placement selected for that one.

Edited by Jackalgirl

Okay, everyone -- the paper's written, the baby is packed and the bag is ready to go! Wait a minute...

Anyway, Summer & I are off Stateside. If anything comes up with your color choices or you otherwise have any color-related questions, please see Mark. Have a great weekend, and see you next week!

There is no way i have time to cordinate and plan this Eastern Oregon event since Idaho is doing one for sure and we border each other.

I will have no choice but to step aside on this event.

Idaho is hosting a 9-9-9 event but i have no conformation on coins.

Get your colors in...

I got interest emails from:

Maine ~ some kayaking dude in maine

Florida ~ space coast geocachers

Canada ~ ELTADA

Germany ~ neirolf

location unknown ~ Mainingray

UAE ~ cardon hunter

UFgatorgirl

You might have some of these already added AG.