Nine

avroair

Perhaps we could limit it to 33 ---- added together, that's 9. I think in Numerology you always add the numbers together to get the "base" number. So, 33, 45, 27... all equal 9. LOL! Okay, I'm going back to my little world now.

I think you mean 36?

That's one of the cool things about 9, I think -- it is a magic number*.

*Goes to bed with "three...is a magic number..." in her head.

I am willing to host a ORIDA event in Oregon.

We hold monthly ORIDA events and alternate back and forth from ORegon to IDAho.

August will be in Idaho so September will be in Oregon so we can do a 9-9-9 event if needed to cover Oregon.

Idaho already has a event in the works so they will also need added to the list.

Someone who plans to host an Idaho event needs to post in this thread then.

So what area of Oregon will your event be?

I would host some type in Eastern Oregon.

Onatrio Oregon is just a drive across the river from me and i need to post a event for September anyways.

I will get ahold of Petty_Cache for the Idaho event that is in the works and they do want involved with the coin.

The coin looks GREAT so far.

Is the event in Pennsylvania going to be in Pittsburgh or the Washington area? If it is in the Washington area, that is not Pittsburgh. Second, can Pennsylvania have another event?

Our event location has not been decided yet. I can definately say that it will NOT be in the same location as last year...too small...and seriously doubt it will be in the Washington area this time. It will definately be in the Greater Pittsburgh Region (which does include Washington County...according to the US Census Bureau). ;)

PA is a big state...I see no reason there cannot be another event in another region.

Ok AG are you compiling the events? Should we limit it to 9?

Here is a first version of the front side of the coin that JackalGirl worked on:

1c9a84b9-7ca6-485e-a638-4d143f5c03bb.jpg

Not to be a Negative Nancy as I really do like the look of this coin but I think clouds and sunrays have a limited color scheme. With the amount of events being planned there may not be much distinction between coins. Maybe if color could be added to the 9's that would help distinguish the coins?

I am willing to host a ORIDA event in Oregon.

We hold monthly ORIDA events and alternate back and forth from ORegon to IDAho.

August will be in Idaho so September will be in Oregon so we can do a 9-9-9 event if needed to cover Oregon.

Idaho already has a event in the works so they will also need added to the list.

Someone who plans to host an Idaho event needs to post in this thread then.

So what area of Oregon will your event be?

I would host some type in Eastern Oregon.

Onatrio Oregon is just a drive across the river from me and i need to post a event for September anyways.

I will get ahold of Petty_Cache for the Idaho event that is in the works and they do want involved with the coin.

The coin looks GREAT so far.

If anyone is interested in hosting the Oregon 9-9-9 event in another part of Oregon that is fine with me.

I will make sure this event does not clash with the Idaho if i do host the 9-9-9.

I will be keeping a eye on this to see what is going on.

Perhaps we could limit it to 33 ---- added together, that's 9. I think in Numerology you always add the numbers together to get the "base" number. So, 33, 45, 27... all equal 9. LOL! Okay, I'm going back to my little world now.

I think you mean 36?

Yes... I did mean 36! I am not smarter than a fifth grader!

I think you mean 36?

Yes... I did mean 36! I am not smarter than a fifth grader!

<giggle> I'm usually the one who does this; I have no mind for numbers whatsoever. And that is a great show. </offtopic>

I'll update the event list on my PC to include Oregon (Eastern), RC

Not to be a Negative Nancy as I really do like the look of this coin but I think clouds and sunrays have a limited color scheme. With the amount of events being planned there may not be much distinction between coins. Maybe if color could be added to the 9's that would help distinguish the coins?

The way I read the art and what Mark said in his post, the clouds would be a standard color (as well as the center royal blue). The color areas that can be altered on this design would be where the coin is already inked either turquiose blue or yellow. There are at least 500 color pairs including solid PMS colors, translucents, glitters and glows I can think of that would work. That's plenty :-)

Updated Event List:

Washington (Seattle) - Avroair

Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) - Dressel Dragons

Michigan - LadyBee4T

South Carolina (Conway) - AtlantaGal & Chickahominy

Texas (Dallas) - Mustang Joni & Cache in Hand

Hawaii (Honolulu) - sillygirl & jrr

Mississippi (Jackson) - Prntr1

North Carolina (Chapel Hill) - Maingray

Missouri (St Louis) - Crowesfeat30

Nevada (Las Vegas) - UFgatorgirl

New York (Central) - Vanelle

Alabama (Huntsville) - Clarkbowman

New Jersey (South) - JoenSue

Georgia (Columbus) - fatkidsOTWunite

Oregon (Eastern) - River Cacher

Maine - Kayakerinme

Japan (Misawa) - Jackalgirl

Portugal - PLnauta

United Kingdom - Lizzardman

Australia (Western) - AlliedOz

Canada (Ontario) - ELTADA

I'm going to have to split this post into two posts because I have some graphics to show.

First, let me know that this coin makes use of several levels: raised, recessed, and semi-raised metal in addition to the "normal" level of the coin. It's meant to make use of translucent enamel.

Also, please don't get locked into the mindset that the sun and sunlight are only sun and sunlight (could be the moon) or even that any of the colors need to reflect Earthly atmospheric conditions.

So here are some graphics that take advantage of translucent colors with different platings (please note that these colors are approximations; your mileage may vary):

Two-toned Plating (black nickel on nickel):

9-9-9_Day.gif

The "Day" with blue center coloration, as previously posted

9-9-9_Noir.gif

"Noir", which is just two-toned metal with no enamel at all.

9-9-9_QonoS.gif

"Sunset on QonoS" aka "Fireball"

Satin Nickel or Silver Plating:

9-9-9_Night.gif

"Full Dark", with transparent #8 (you might remember this from the recent batch of Tengwars)

9-9-9_Twilight.gif

"Twilight", with transparent #21 (a lighter, slightly greenish blue as opposed to the full dark blueness of transparent #8

9-9-9_Storm.gif

"Storm" - with a brownish-green color to suggest the tornado that's about to hit

Copper Plating:

9-9-9_Sunset-Blue.gif

"Sunset (Blue)"

9-9-9_Sunset-Green.gif

"Sunset (Green)"

(to be continued...)

Edited by Jackalgirl

Gold Plating:

9-9-9_Sunrise-Blue.gif

"Sunrise (Blue)"

9-9-9_Sunrise-Green.gif

"Sunrise (Green)"

I departed from "atmospheric" twice -- for the "Noir" and "Sunset on QonoS" versions. There's no reason why you couldn't use colors more representative of, say, your group's colors and just ignore the sun/moon sunrays/moonrays bit altogether. Also, as AG has pointed out, there's every PMS color and glitter, too, if you don't mind sacrificing some of the under-enamel detail (for example, the lines in between the rays), which IMO would not be a big deal.

Sorry -- this is an incredibly convoluted way to say "yes, AG has it exactly, there are definitely enough plating and enamel combinations to go around." ; )

Note: I see that AG has talked about standard clouds & center colors, which may not be a bad idea. I like going crazy with da coinz. However, I still think that there enough possibilities, even if you hold to the limited pallette of the IHE transparent color table. Bring regular enamel & glitter into the mix and you're golden. : )

I think we have events for the Bay Area and Utah covered too.

There are tons of color varietns so I am not worried about that. I will know pricing from the mint once the whole order is in. We are looking at doing a minimum order of 50 per events. It's fine for 2 events to team up and split the costs (they would both get the same version coin).

We are not limited in metal choices too, although antiquing costs a little bit more per coin.

Any other internationals want to jump in here?

We are not limited in metal choices too, although antiquing costs a little bit more per coin.

Two tone costs more too.

Can you list who will host them then? Is it C and H?

One question that someone asked earlier in this thread and you never answered - Will hosts & cohosts be purchasing full sets like last year? Or are you passing on that idea?

The reason I am asking is because with 20+ events, that will take up a lot of coins. So some events would probably want to consider that when deciding how many coins they should order.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Note: I see that AG has talked about standard clouds & center colors, which may not be a bad idea. I like going crazy with da coinz. However, I still think that there enough possibilities, even if you hold to the limited pallette of the IHE transparent color table. Bring regular enamel & glitter into the mix and you're golden. : )

I only said that because Avroair said in his post with the front coin art that we were limited to TWO colors. I made an assumption of what would be fixed and variable because the artwork isn't mint ready yet.

Also two tone plating can be rather expensive. Does Avroair know that's what you were thinking?

Edited by AtlantaGal

One question that someone asked earlier in this thread and you never answered - Will hosts & cohosts be purchasing full sets like last year? Or are you passing on that idea?

The reason I am asking is because with 20+ events, that will take up a lot of coins. So some events would probably want to consider that when deciding how many coins they should order.

If we ran it like last year, with 20+ events...an order of 50 coins would only yield ~30 for the event itself. ;)

If we ran it like last year, with 20+ events...an order of 50 coins would only yield ~30 for the event itself. ;)

Exactly. That's why I reasked the question. I'm also guesing that like last year, some events will drop out.

I only said that because Avroair said in his post with the front coin art that we were limited to TWO colors. I made an assumption of what would be fixed and variable because the artwork isn't mint ready yet.

Also two tone plating can be rather expensive. Does Avroair know that's what you were thinking?

Yeah, we're talking about it -- my first thought is not to make the price for this a flat-rate, one price covers all. Rather, I'm thinking that there will be a standard (one-tone) plating price, then people can add "extras" to that, such as two-toned or antique plating or any of the other fancy features, at a packet cost (for example, if it costs, say, $.50 per coin extra to do something, then it would be +$50 for 100 coins, or $25 for 50, or whatever the unit of coin ends up being). Note that this is /just an example/ -- I have no actual idea how much the extras would cost and I am guessing that their packet costs will vary from feature to feature.

In other words, if your group wanted to go nuts, it could go nuts. It would have to pay for the extra nuts, but there could be nuts to be bought. ; )

Haven't gotten Avroair's take on it, though, and I am deferring entirely to him. If he thinks it will make things simpler to limit the coin front to two colors (and one plating, then two colors (and one plating) it is; there are still 2x2...(19 times) translucent colors left if you treat #1, 2, an 3 as the same "red" and throw out #10 for being too dark, which is way more color combinations than we'll need. If he opens it up to three (outer ring, inner ring, then inner "9s" circle), that's way WAY more combos than we'll ever need. But I'm open to keeping it simple.

You're quite right, too -- no mint art yet. That could (and probably will) change everything.

I will know pricing from the mint once the whole order is in. We are looking at doing a minimum order of 50 per events.

Thanks, DD :D

I'd love t be able to choose as many as three colors but two is cool too. And if there is layering - especially in the center - translucent in that area will be a "must". ;)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

There are tons of color varietns so I am not worried about that. I will know pricing from the mint once the whole order is in. We are looking at doing a minimum order of 50 per events. It's fine for 2 events to team up and split the costs (they would both get the same version coin).

Any other internationals want to jump in here?

Who's doing the Bay Area?

Who do we contact to find out the ballpark cost for the coins?

I would imagine after the art is sent to the mint they will let the host know the cost of the coins.

It looks like a large amount will be made to help keep the cost down but we will have to wait and see.

great work on the coin so far avroair.

In an earlier post I had mentioned that the Michigan one would be in Lathrop Village where our monthly meet & eat is held.

That's a place. What's the nearest city? Detroit?

Lathrop Village IS a city! I don't think you better tell them otherwise. :D

What do you want the nearest Major city? If not then SE Michigan works well....

Edited by LadyBee4T

In an earlier post I had mentioned that the Michigan one would be in Lathrop Village where our monthly meet & eat is held.

Sorry, it just sounded like the name of a shopping center, lol

Sorry, it just sounded like the name of a shopping center, lol

LOL It's held at a Panera's .

Go ahead and list it as SE Michigan as that covers the entire area and the normal meet & greet is by SE MIGO

If we ran it like last year, with 20+ events...an order of 50 coins would only yield ~30 for the event itself. :D

Exactly. That's why I reasked the question. I'm also guesing that like last year, some events will drop out.

I also agree that 20 coins out of 50 is a bit much. Maybe my cohost would be interested in the entire set but I myself would pass. That would end up being 20 out of their 25 :D

The minimum order would be 50 coins per site (up to whatever you want). We can do an opt-in for co-host trading and ship the required amount to one person who then re-sends them out. Having a vendor or the mint do it is asking for trouble.

If you are interested in hosting a 09 09 09 site. Please email me through my profile. Stating the following:

Your Event location (either country or state)

Your Email address

Your Geonickname

I need to set up a schedule and will post it here when it is sorted out. I will also be sending out information to each of the hosts with options.

Mark

Avroair

PS- Where is dhenninger's Northern New Jersey event! :D

A little confused as to whom is keeping what list, so I shall just put it out there I'm good to go for the Western Australia event, booked the day off at work already. :rolleyes:

Both Avroair & I are keeping lists. You have to email him the info he asked for becuase he needs contact emails for the coin pricing and payment info.

Washington (Seattle) - Avroair

Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) - Dressel Dragons

Michigan (Southeast) - LadyBee4T

South Carolina (Conway) - AtlantaGal & Chickahominy

Texas (Dallas) - Mustang Joni & Cache in Hand

Hawaii (Honolulu) - sillygirl & jrr

Mississippi (Jackson) - Prntr1

North Carolina (Chapel Hill) - Maingray

Missouri (St Louis) - Crowesfeat30

Nevada (Las Vegas) - UFgatorgirl

New York (Central) - Vanelle

Alabama (Huntsville) - Clarkbowman

New Jersey (South) - JoenSue

Georgia (Columbus) - fatkidsOTWunite

Oregon (Eastern) - River Cacher

Maine - Kayakerinme

Colorado (Denver) - Atwell Family

Minnesota (St Paul) - No Snow & ShadowsFriend

Japan (Misawa) - Jackalgirl

Portugal (Lisbon) - PLnauta

United Kingdom - Lizzardman

Australia (Western) - AlliedOz

Canada (Ontario) - ELTADA

California (SF) ?

Utah (SLC) ?

A little confused as to whom is keeping what list, so I shall just put it out there I'm good to go for the Western Australia event, booked the day off at work already. :rolleyes:

Both Avroair & I are keeping lists. You have to email him the info he asked for becuase he needs contact emails for the coin pricing and payment info.

Thanks, I'm onto it now.