Nine

avroair

Wooohooo, party at AG's house on 6/13. :) My anniversary is on 9/9 so if I want to make it ten years I better not stray too far. I assume I will be hitting a white ball around.

Golfing on your anniversary? Now that just doesn't seem right. You sure you don't want a few days in the Myrtle Beach area instead? Plant the seed now. Oh honey, I was thinking maybe we should take a little trip to SC for our anniversary. There are loads of golf courses there and oh, did I happen to mention, a little coin event to celebrate 9/9/09 that I could attend. AG's parents live on the Blackmoor course. Wouldn't you like to play there? lol, I'm half serious, you know. Plenty of time to plan and my step dad loves any excuse to play golf.

Party? I'm so there! I hope there is a special coin for the occasion! :D

You'de be better off coming over on 9/9 (it's the off season & no crowds).

Edited by AtlantaGal

Yes, we have a timeshare in MB that we go to every Fall. I have played Blackmoor over twenty times. Tell your dad to look at the balls in his yard, if one says CSL it belongs to my husband. :D My uncle is the ranger on Arrowhead and Debordieu so we play there as well.

Well not to derail this thread any further, but when you come down this year, tell me ahead of time so we can hook up. I'm sure my step dad would love to play a round with you regardless.

Thankfully their house doesn't back right up on the course, but a pond instead.

Yeah I'll do a 9/9/09 at the SC beach this year :-)

I must not understand. Are we allowed only one meeting per state? I thought since it was a "multi" event, it would be local chapters having meetings. Is it a statewide? region wide? Please explain. Thanks!

PS... AG have you moved to our area? If so, Welcome!

It's WORLDWIDE. Our areas are not far enough apart to warrant more than one event. Look at the bookmarked list from last year to see. It's typically one event per state unless it's a big state and the two events are spread out somewhat. I'll push it to Conway and you can co-host it with me if you want.

I'll be in Surfside by 6/12.

Okay, I'm beginning to understand. I would welcome the opportunity to co host a party with you in Conway, or the beach. Let me know what we need to do. I'm excited about this!

Yeah I'll do a 9/9/09 at the SC beach this year :-)

I must not understand. Are we allowed only one meeting per state? I thought since it was a "multi" event, it would be local chapters having meetings. Is it a statewide? region wide? Please explain. Thanks!

PS... AG have you moved to our area? If so, Welcome!

It's WORLDWIDE. Our areas are not far enough apart to warrant more than one event. Look at the bookmarked list from last year to see. It's typically one event per state unless it's a big state and the two events are spread out somewhat. I'll push it to Conway and you can co-host it with me if you want.

I'll be in Surfside by 6/12.

Okay, I'm beginning to understand. I would welcome the opportunity to co host a party with you in Conway, or the beach. Let me know what we need to do. I'm excited about this!

Awesome! Whichever area you think Florence cachers would consider driving to. I'm thinking Conway cause it's about an hour and at that time of year 501 traffic won't be an issue. That should be close enough that the Grand Strand group would also attend.

We'll have to find a food place or ice cream place that would handle 30-50 people for free, but we can do that in late June once I am moved.

I have a sketch for the front of a coin to throw into the batch of AG's ideas... If one of you has a means to contact him while he's moving, and if he wants to see it, could you let me know where to send it? Otherwise, I'll just sit on it. ; )

Edited by Jackalgirl

I have a sketch for the front of a coin to throw into the batch of AG's ideas... If one of you has a means to contact him while he's moving, and if he wants to see it, could you let me know where to send it? Otherwise, I'll just sit on it. ; )

He's moved. Last I heard the cable company had screwed up hooking up the internet at their home.

He's moved. Last I heard the cable company had screwed up hooking up the internet at their home.

Poor guy. : ( I keep joking about having an ethernet port tattooed to the inside of one of my elbows, and it's only half a joke. I'd go nuts. Hope the cable company gets its act together soon!

:o And he does not have a laptop? ;) I'm sure there is free internet somewhere in town! :rolleyes::):laughing: We had a five day power outage a couple years ago and we'd take the laptop to the local Panera Bread Co to catch up on e-mails & stuff.

CF30

P.S Cable company - :lol: U-Verse all the way baby! :D

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Wooohooo, party at AG's house on 6/13. :laughing: My anniversary is on 9/9 so if I want to make it ten years I better not stray too far. I assume I will be hitting a white ball around.

Party? I'm so there! I hope there is a special coin for the occasion! :rolleyes:

Maybe it will turn mega! :)

:D And he does not have a laptop? ;) I'm sure there is free internet somewhere in town! :rolleyes::):laughing: We had a five day power outage a couple years ago and we'd take the laptop to the local Panera Bread Co to catch up on e-mails & stuff.

CF30

P.S Cable company - :o U-Verse all the way baby! :D

I am around. Just driving down the hill to the Safeway parking lot for free wi-fi is tedious with a 1 year old in tow! :lol: Hopefully will be hooked up today at home, but I can still get on email etc daily at work now. :D

I am working on a coin in the next week and would welcome ideas. Also, if you want to host an 09 09 09 event post in here and AG can tally them up. The 888 events and coins were a blast!

Yay! You're back! That's got to be awfully frustrating; I hope the cable company doesn't try to charge you for the service you didn't get...<grumbles about bad Internet service...we've been suffering with it here in Misawa, too>

I sent you the graphics for a coin I put together. The Misawa Geocachers Organization (MiGO) will be holding a 09-09-09 event, so add us to the list. : )

The Misawa Geocachers Organization (MiGO) will be holding a 09-09-09 event, so add us to the list. : )

I thought MiGO was "Michigan Geocaching Organization" :rolleyes::)

I am looking forward to 999 artwork. :laughing:

I wouldn't be surprised if it were. There are only so many letters to go around and geocachers seem very fond of using "GO" in their acronyms for some reason. ; ) I'll start referring to us as "MiGO, Japan" to cut down on any confusion.

Alright, this list is what I can gather from this thread. If I have you hosting an event here and you were not volunteering to do so, please let me know so I can fix the list.

Washington (Seattle) - Avroair

Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) - Dressel Dragons

Michigan - LadyBee4T

South Carolina (Conway) - AtlantaGal & Chickahominy

Texas (Dallas) - Mustang Joni

Hawaii (Honolulu) - sillygirl & jrr

Mississippi (Jackson) - Prntr1

North Carolina (Chapel Hill) - Maingray

Missouri (St Louis) - Crowesfeat30

Nevada (Las Vegas) - UFgatorgirl

New York - Vanelle

Alabama (Huntsville) - Clarkbowman

New Jersey (South) - JoenSue

Georgia (Columbus) - fatkidsOTWunite

Japan (Misawa) - Jackalgirl

Portugal - PLnauta

United Kingdom - Lizzardman

Australia (Western) - AlliedOz

Canada (Ontario) - ELTADA

Also if you event hosts can specify a general location where I don't have one listed, that would be good. That helps other areas of the same state or country know if there should/could be another event at the other side or in another province, etc.

Just as an FYI for those hosts that didn't participate last year. There is a financial commitment involved with the coins for your location.

The coins will need to be paid for by you prior to the event (usually once a ship date is provided from the mint). Minimum order of 100 coins per location, however, in the past the vendor was willing to sell up to 50 coins of each version through their webstore. With the success of last year's coins, I think that would be the same this year.

Please be aware of this financial responsibility before you volunteer to host an event.

Edited by AtlantaGal

The Misawa Geocachers Organization (MiGO) will be holding a 09-09-09 event, so add us to the list. : )

I thought MiGO was "Michigan Geocaching Organization" :):anibad:

I am looking forward to 999 artwork. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if it were. There are only so many letters to go around and geocachers seem very fond of using "GO" in their acronyms for some reason. ; ) I'll start referring to us as "MiGO, Japan" to cut down on any confusion.

Yep MIGO is the Michigan Geocaching Organization and we pronounce it Me-Go :anibad:

The event in Michigan takes place monthly in Lathrup Village at a Panera's. In September it just happens to fall on the 9th.

Alright, this list is what I can gather from this thread. If I have you hosting an event here and you were not volunteering to do so, please let me know so I can fix the list.

Michigan - LadyBee4T

New York - Vanelle

Portugal - PLnauta

Hello!

With AG skipping over to SC and vacating Georgia, my son and I would be thrilled to host an event in Georgia! We live in the Columbus area, which is west central GA, and think hosting in Columbus is a good location to capture not only cachers in Georgia but also cachers in southern Alabama since the AL event is being held in north AL. We've even had some north Florida cachers come up for some of our CVC events here in Columbus.

We haven't been active in the forums, so here's a little more about us: my son and I are a caching team who LOVES traveling to events, doing challenges like county, OBD and Delorme challenges and we especially LOVE collecting and trading geocoins. We attended Geocoinfest in PA last fall and the coin event at GW7 (at least until the fire marshall tried to empty the room lol). We are active with our local group, Chattahoochee Valley Cachers, as well as the GGA.

Anyway, you may not know us but we're very interesting in becoming involved coin projects like this one. We can provide references, if needed :) I'm also aware of the financial responsibility of this project and ready to get on board!

Thanks

Janet

fatkidsOTWunite!

Michigan - LadyBee4T

New York - Vanelle

Portugal - PLnauta

Hello!

With AG skipping over to SC and vacating Georgia, my son and I would be thrilled to host an event in Georgia! We live in the Columbus area, which is west central GA, and think hosting in Columbus is a good location to capture not only cachers in Georgia but also cachers in southern Alabama since the AL event is being held in north AL. We've even had some north Florida cachers come up for some of our CVC events here in Columbus.

We haven't been active in the forums, so here's a little more about us: my son and I are a caching team who LOVES traveling to events, doing challenges like county, OBD and Delorme challenges and we especially LOVE collecting and trading geocoins. We attended Geocoinfest in PA last fall and the coin event at GW7 (at least until the fire marshall tried to empty the room lol). We are active with our local group, Chattahoochee Valley Cachers, as well as the GGA.

Anyway, you may not know us but we're very interesting in becoming involved coin projects like this one. We can provide references, if needed :) I'm also aware of the financial responsibility of this project and ready to get on board!

Thanks

Janet

fatkidsOTWunite!

Love your GeoNick!!

i was wondering how the coins were made.

about how much is the commitment? roughly...i want to save enough for it.

thanks

I sent you a PM.

For anyone else reading - We obviously won't know what the coins will cost until we have a coin design to get a quote on, but I imagine it will be in a similar range as last year. We also don't put pricing information in the forums.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Michigan - LadyBee4T

New York - Vanelle

Georgia (Columbus) - fatkidsOTWunite

Portugal - PLnauta

Also if you event hosts can specify a general location where I don't have one listed, that would be good. That helps other areas of the same state or country know if there should/could be another event at the other side or in another province, etc.

Just as an FYI for those hosts that didn't participate last year. There is a financial commitment involved with the coins for your location.

The coins will need to be paid for by you prior to the event (usually once a ship date is provided from the mint). Minimum order of 100 coins per location, however, in the past the vendor was willing to sell up to 50 coins of each version through their webstore. With the success of last year's coins, I think that would be the same this year.

Please be aware of this financial responsibility before you volunteer to host an event.

Info above up to date as of time stamp.

Welcome aboard Janet :)

i was wondering how the coins were made.

about how much is the commitment? roughly...i want to save enough for it.

thanks

I sent you a PM.

For anyone else reading - We obviously won't know what the coins will cost until we have a coin design to get a quote on, but I imagine it will be in a similar range as last year. We also don't put pricing information in the forums.

thank you for the info... it was very helpful.

No one in the Bay Area (CA)? :laughing:

I am! Well, Santa Cruz. But I've never been to one of these events so I'm not about to try to plan one! :laughing: I sure hope someone else does though. Because I'd like to go. :D

I've never been to one either. I contacted a cacher who hosted last year for the Bay Area; they're not interested. There's some really experienced cachers and coin collectors nearby, it's surprising to me how little cacher events are in this area.

I am willing to host a ORIDA event in Oregon.

We hold monthly ORIDA events and alternate back and forth from ORegon to IDAho.

August will be in Idaho so September will be in Oregon so we can do a 9-9-9 event if needed to cover Oregon.

Idaho already has a event in the works so they will also need added to the list.

I am willing to host a ORIDA event in Oregon.

We hold monthly ORIDA events and alternate back and forth from ORegon to IDAho.

August will be in Idaho so September will be in Oregon so we can do a 9-9-9 event if needed to cover Oregon.

Idaho already has a event in the works so they will also need added to the list.

Someone who plans to host an Idaho event needs to post in this thread then.

So what area of Oregon will your event be?

Edited by AtlantaGal

Basically, there will be 2-3 areas that an event location can customize the colors. The sample above shows yellow and blue. I would like events to have different colors picked (first come first served) so that people are not confused. We are still working on the front and the back, but will give people ample time to pick (don't pick yet!).

this year's theme is Caching on Cloud 9 ~ we thought of 'dressed to the nines' but some of ya might just show up in only a bow tie so we skipped that idea! :laughing:

Currently, is there anyone in New England, Minnesota, Utah, California, Canada, Germany, Holland, Italy etc who would like to host an event... it's very simple, just post a meet and greet, and sell the coins.

Retail the coins will probably be $9.00 each (9 get it!)... and I have to ask the vendor what commitment each event will have. 50 or 100 coins... we can always have events split the same coin. There will also be a general version for sale who those too lazy or remote to attend one of the 999 events.

Basically, there will be 2-3 areas that an event location can customize the colors. The sample above shows yellow and blue. I would like events to have different colors picked (first come first served) so that people are not confused. We are still working on the front and the back, but will give people ample time to pick (don't pick yet!).

this year's theme is Caching on Cloud 9 ~ we thought of 'dressed to the nines' but some of ya might just show up in only a bow tie so we skipped that idea! :laughing:

Currently, is there anyone in New England, Minnesota, Utah, California, Canada, Germany, Holland, Italy etc who would like to host an event... it's very simple, just post a meet and greet, and sell the coins.

Retail the coins will probably be $9.00 each (9 get it!)... and I have to ask the vendor what commitment each event will have. 50 or 100 coins... we can always have events split the same coin. There will also be a general version for sale who those too lazy or remote to attend one of the 999 events.

How much per coin pre-retail? This is important as I'm asking my local geocaching group to fund this coin purchase (or if they will not I will myself if I can afford it).

CF30

Ok AG are you compiling the events? Should we limit it to 9?

Ahhh yeah, read the thread, lol.

Good luck limiting it to 9, we're over that already ;)

19 events thus far with 3 others that I am aware of pending - Those are OR, ID and MN

Oh and probably going to have to do 100 of each version to get the price break on the coins. That's what we had to do last year.

Edited by AtlantaGal

19 events thus far with 3 others that I am aware of pending - Those are OR, ID and MN

Oh and probably going to have to do 100 of each version to get the price break on the coins. That's what we had to do last year.

I'm really enjoying watching this event grow before my eyes. I have a feeling it's going to be HUGE!

Perhaps we could limit it to 33 ---- added together, that's 9. I think in Numerology you always add the numbers together to get the "base" number. So, 33, 45, 27... all equal 9. LOL! Okay, I'm going back to my little world now.