Tranquility coins

UFgatorgirl

i have some questions about the tranquility coins.

1. who is the artist?

2. is there one online store that usually sells them?

3. is it a coin where they make new ones each year?

just wondering because i am hoping to get a few of them one day.

thanks

1. They were designed by Paula from geocoindesign.com

2. They were sold at castlecoinsandpins.com

3. The coins came in several portions. There is a special TQ thread in this forum discussing all the available versions. Maybe you can have a look there.

As far as I know no new versions will be minted, but usually you will find are some on ebay or should be able to trade for them.

And better don't try to get them all... :)

Rainer

Funny this topic should come up...I am currently working on another geocoin review for my blog and it just happens to be for the Tranquility series. I should have it done shortly and will post back here for anyone who might be interested in taking a look at it. It should have some great info for established collectors and newbies alike. :):D:D

thank you for the quick info.

i was hoping that more were going to be made. it is easier for us newbies to buy them on preorder.

i'll keep searching and checking here to see if any are ever made.

paula collins was the main artist, but the design was really a collaboration between paula and castle man. he is adamant there will be no more made. there is another thread already about the tranqs. if you would like a list of all the editions made, drop me an email and i'll send it to you.

also, sign up for castle man's newsletter so you can see if he sells any more on his site. they continue to come up on ebay, but several editions cost a pretty penny.

rsg - keeper of the list :-)

paula collins was the main artist, but the design was really a collaboration between paula and castle man.

To clarify - CastleMan and I produced many of my coin designs together - and he did mint the design, but the concept, ideas, and execution were entirely my own. =) I did all artwork, and the idea for the coin was my own - the name as well. The 'creation' of this coins design will soon be in a blog mentioned above - I will tell about how it came to be from start to finish!

And, there will be a new Tranquility coin this year - I have designed it already, and am just wrapping up the final details. I love this one, and it has more details and I am very excited over it. I aspired to try and improve upon my first Tranquility, and I believe that collectors of the first coin will approve!

i am excited...can't wait to see it.

is it the same design as the others with different colors? or something completely new?

thanks for the info

Sounds like something completely new. As a Tranq fanatic it will be interesting to see how the coin will be improved. Maybe I should start saving some budget already :)

paula collins was the main artist, but the design was really a collaboration between paula and castle man.

To clarify - CastleMan and I produced many of my coin designs together - and he did mint the design, but the concept, ideas, and execution were entirely my own. =) I did all artwork, and the idea for the coin was my own - the name as well. The 'creation' of this coins design will soon be in a blog mentioned above - I will tell about how it came to be from start to finish!

And, there will be a new Tranquility coin this year - I have designed it already, and am just wrapping up the final details. I love this one, and it has more details and I am very excited over it. I aspired to try and improve upon my first Tranquility, and I believe that collectors of the first coin will approve!

i heard you were working on a new tranquility! how very exciting and i can't wait to see it! thanks for the other clarification.

rsg

WOW.... I can't wait to see your new design!!!! I LOVE the Tranquility geocoins. I have 32 versions of the Tranquility coins and I hope to one day get the other 6 versions that were made.

:D:D Geez :) That's a lot of Tranqs! :)

I had about 20 or 21 at my peak, but then realised I was getting (more) obsessive and have whittled them down to the 6 I love best. Although I have just re-traded for another one.

Oh would somebody please stop me??????? :)

WOW.... I can't wait to see your new design!!!! I LOVE the Tranquility geocoins. I have 32 versions of the Tranquility coins and I hope to one day get the other 6 versions that were made.

:D:D Geez :) That's a lot of Tranqs! :)

I had about 20 or 21 at my peak, but then realised I was getting (more) obsessive and have whittled them down to the 6 I love best. Although I have just re-traded for another one.

Oh would somebody please stop me??????? :D

I hope the new design that Paula is working on has far less versions so I can get a whole set :)

To clarify. There will be NO MORE of these made, period.

Im a wee dismayed over this - as one very last was discussed for myself several months ago since even I don't have a complete set of Tranqs - I had designed one special version I wanted badly, and it was pretty unique. :)

And no... I won't have as many of the new one - (I don't even know all the original Tranq colors/metals) I'll create several versions to try and appeal to those who prefer one metal over another, or color schemes - but I'll keep it collectable for those who like the design. :) There will be a few LE versions I'm sure - since these often come from color/metal combinations I'm 'testing' or new ways of working with enamel over different platings.

The new one is pretty special - I can't wait for the original Tranq collectors to see it!

:o:blink: Geez :unsure: That's a lot of Tranqs! :ph34r:

Oh would somebody please stop me??????? :wacko:

Sorry Cheesy no can do, it went into the mail today :D (sorry for the delay, work got in the way of coins :( )

...I won't have as many of the new one - (I don't even know all the original Tranq colors/metals)...

well, there is a list. :(

i am working on photographing my collection since it was the first to be a complete set of all editions made. still only two complete sets out there.

rsg

And you are the better photographer! That other guy only produces crappy pictures :ph34r:

...I won't have as many of the new one - (I don't even know all the original Tranq colors/metals)...

well, there is a list. :wacko:

i am working on photographing my collection since it was the first to be a complete set of all editions made. still only two complete sets out there.

rsg

And you are the better photographer! That other guy only produces crappy pictures :ph34r:

Um, make that three. CastleMan would also have them all, surely? He takes good photos :(

Rainer - you are just being modest :unsure:

well, there is a list. :blink:

rsg

And you are the better photographer! That other guy only produces crappy pictures :D

Um, make that three. CastleMan would also have them all, surely? He takes good photos :laughing:

Rainer - you are just being modest :blink:

i am pretty sure castle man does not have a complete set.

rsg

I only have a handful of em myself - I kept some of my faves. I have two of my final version remaining - I still need to name that one! If its the last, perhaps 'Finale' would be an excellent name..... Hmm... (I always have a hard time naming things - takes me forever! LOL)

How about Mirage. Keeping with the " M " theme.

Opalsns