Being strict about logs

Hi folks,

I have been working on another multi cache....

Theres is something peple will find when they are doing this cache (other than the cache itself). I hope to set the cache so there is no reference to what it is.. so as people are doing the cache they will get an added bonus as not expecting to find it.

If i make it clear in the listing, can I edit or delete and logs or pics that contain spoilers to this as I want everybody to enjoy the surprise from this bonus.

Does that make sense?

Hi folks,

I have been working on another multi cache....

Theres is something peple will find when they are doing this cache (other than the cache itself). I hope to set the cache so there is no reference to what it is.. so as people are doing the cache they will get an added bonus as not expecting to find it.

If i make it clear in the listing, can I edit or delete and logs or pics that contain spoilers to this as I want everybody to enjoy the surprise from this bonus.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does, and yes you can.

If i make it clear in the listing, can I edit or delete and logs or pics that contain spoilers to this as I want everybody to enjoy the surprise from this bonus

ASAIK you can delete but you cannot edit any logs which give the game away. Even if you do make it clear in your description, expect some entertaining emails once you start deleting. :)

If i make it clear in the listing, can I edit or delete and logs or pics that contain spoilers to this as I want everybody to enjoy the surprise from this bonus

ASAIK you can delete but you cannot edit any logs which give the game away.

I believe that's true.

One way of dealing with this problem is to copy the offending log, then delete it and send the copy to the cacher, inviting them to remove the relevant bit then repost their find log.

A few may take offence, but most will probably just not have read the cache page properly, and their spoilers will be accidental.

It can be a difficult problem to keep under control though. I have a virtual where cachers know what building they're going to, but I wanted the actual object that's the target of the virtual to be a surprise to them. Obviously they had the co-ords, but the object isn't shown on OS maps so there was no problem there. Some offending logs were plain and clear, but it was difficult to draw the line with some, and bit by bit people were able to put the pieces together and work it out. I've now given up on the secrecy.

Most cachers that I've had to email regarding a spoiler log are really nice about it and remove the hint. You're bound to encounter upset cachers who can't believe you'd really follow thru on deleting a log, so be prepared. One of the most important things I read in the GS guidelines was that when you place a cache, be really clear on the rules, and make clear guidelines on what you will delete. Sometimes it's a tough call. Good luck!

I have a cache exactly like this. Because of the particular nature of the cache I couldn't mention that the finder shouldn't spoil it for others by revealing what is going on in their log. For several years now it has been found without anyone giving the game away, which just goes to show that most cachers are very sensible people. If someone did reveal the secret I would politely ask them to edit their log. If they refused I would probably archive the cache.