COINTEST: Its March Madness, Baby!

ECplus3

The brackets are set! Is your team in?

Think you can predict the winner of this year's tourney?

Want to win a coin? :rolleyes:

Just send me an email and I'll invite you into the Yahoo Fantasy group I have created: Geocoin Madness

Points will be awarded for each correct result predicted, weighted for the round. Bonus points will be awarded for each upset correctly predicted, also weighted for the round.

You must have your bracket set by tipoff on Thursday! So get your email in to me right away so I can invite you into the pool.

Winner of the pool will receive a coin from me.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sorry to be so ignorant but what does it mean "brackets are set"? What kind of tourney? And do you have to be part of a team to enter?

March Madness is one of the names given to the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball tournament. 64 teams are selected to play in an elimination-style tournament over the next three weeks, culminating in a championship game on April 6th.

The 'bracket' is the diagrammatic representation of the series of games played during the tournament, named as such because it appears to be a large number of interconnected brackets.

To enter my cointest, you just have to ask for an invite, and then predict the winners of all the games. You will be awarded points for each game guessed correctly, and bonus points for correctly guessing upsets (a lower seeded team beating a higher seeded team). The player with the most points at the end of the tournament wins my coin.

As of this posting, tipoff is in 2 days, 5 hours, 6 minutes, and 25 seconds

The last team is set as Morehead St. defeats Alabama St in the play-in game last night. Honestly, I couldn't care either way, but it is a shame that we won't hear the name "Grlenntys Chief Kickingstallionsims Jr." mentioned in Friday night's broadcast! :)

Not at all! Not everyone is familiar with the lingo! :ph34r:

We have 15 participants -- including myself -- but only 10 brackets filled out.

There is only 4 hours, 16 minutes and 30 seconds to tipoff, so get your brackets filled out!!!

And don't think you are too late to request an invite! I'll be watching my email all morning. So get your emails in to me.

The more the merrier!!!!!

Western Kentucky??? Western Kentucky!!!???

Congrats to Tha Saint for picking that one!

The first round is half over and there have been some great action. A few people have jumped into an early lead, but don't anybody despair! Today could really change things, and the later rounds are worth more points. It is still anybody's game.

Still, I wish I had let my wife set my brackets. In our personal pool, she's 15 of 16... including the Western Kentucky game!

Western Kentucky??? Western Kentucky!!!???

Congrats to Tha Saint for picking that one!

The first round is half over and there have been some great action. A few people have jumped into an early lead, but don't anybody despair! Today could really change things, and the later rounds are worth more points. It is still anybody's game.

Still, I wish I had let my wife set my brackets. In our personal pool, she's 15 of 16... including the Western Kentucky game!

My wife helped me out as well and picked the Western Kentucky upset. I wanted to go with Illinois, but trusted her on that one. Ijust wish VCU had come through.... 1 lousy point.... This is a lot of fun.... Thanks E&Cplus3 for setting this up

We have a winner!!

TeamHaynes would have won on straight points, but blew the field away with his bonus point total for picking the upsets this tournament!

The final standings were:

Rank Player			correct	 pts	bonus  total pts
-------------------------------------------------------------
1	TeamHaynes		49 of 63	146	33	 179 
2	Mauison		   47 of 63	136	19	 155 
3	E&Cplus3		  48 of 63	140	 9	 149 
4	Tha Saint		 46 of 63	126	17	 143 
5	Pharmgal1		 42 of 63	119	16	 135 
6	Beaverhuntin	  44 of 63	109	23	 132 
7	TeamAmaroo		45 of 63	 99	27	 126 
8	Tsnake			42 of 63	 67	22	  89 
9	steel city babes  44 of 63	 77	10	  87 
10   ELTADA			34 of 63	 62	24	  86 
11   Fossillady		38 of 63	 65	15	  80 
12   UFgatorgirl	   38 of 63	 62	 8	  70 
13   jasondulac		21 of 63	 28	30	  58 

Thanks everyone for participating! I hope you enjoyed the Tournament!

Edited by E&Cplus3

This was a lot of fun. I will definitely be in next year's contest and will start acquiring coins to throw in the pot. This was also the most fun I have had watching the Final Four in years. Thanks everybody.

Thanks ECplus3 for organizing this one. It was a ton of fun

hey congrats,, first timers luck..?? see how you are you come on and win all the coins,,lol will be cool to see what you won at the next even i see ya at!! congrats and good picks,, still abit confused on how this works but mabie someother time ill understand better. :blink:

Hey E&Cplus3

Are you running this again this year???? I am hoping for another round of this one

Hello hoops fans!!

It's getting close to that time of year again!

The final brackets are set so it is time to sign up for the 2nd Annual Geocoin Madness NCAA Pick'em Cointest!

Send me your email address if you would like to join the fun!

Good luck!

Chuck (E&Cplus3)

Edited by E&Cplus3

wow! i started reading last years replies without checking the date! :wub:

Funny, I did the same thing and thought I entered some time tunnel or something as the posts started moving into the "future", then I spotted the 2009......

anyway, email sent with addy

thanks for the cointest.