Geocoin donation?

theodellfamily

My wife and I have been asked to help out an event coming up in May, where we will be celebrating the beginning of a new geocaching project hosted by our state department of natural resources, the nine anniversary of Geocaching and spending time with all the new friends we continue to met while caching. We have been asked to see if we can find donatiion of geo-stuff. We have a couple of coins and a couple for cache stickers but is it out of place for us to contact coin maker to see if they can help out? Has anyone done something like this before? Do you have any any suggestions or guidance? Any and all help is appreciated.

Dallas

My wife and I have been asked to help out an event coming up in May, where we will be celebrating the beginning of a new geocaching project hosted by our state department of natural resources, the nine anniversary of Geocaching and spending time with all the new friends we continue to met while caching. We have been asked to see if we can find donatiion of geo-stuff. We have a couple of coins and a couple for cache stickers but is it out of place for us to contact coin maker to see if they can help out? Has anyone done something like this before? Do you have any any suggestions or guidance? Any and all help is appreciated.

Dallas

Us pepole here have very big hearts, you may re,phaze the queston to ask the coin community for donations, there's a lot of this type of stuff that goes on here. And tell about the event and what the donations would go for. Im sure you will get some help

There are several ways to get items for your event.

Post a note on the event page and the locals should be willing to help out.

Contact local stores that know you.

Contact vendors that you purchase geocaching items from.

People that know you or are local are a good way to get items.

Some of the Coin companies may give you items or a discount on items even if they do not know you.

Keep a good eye out on deals and pay cash for items.

I host events all the time and i do take cash out of pocket to get items.

I am trying to figure out ways not to have to take money out of my pocket but it takes a lot of time to do so.

Good Luck on your event.

Hi Dallas,

We own a business that sells geocoins as well as caching supplies (Lillysue.com) and can get 10 or more donations requests a month!

Unfortunately we are not able to help out with every request we get, but there are a few things that people provide in their request that help us narrow down which events we decide donate to;

• Give the event number so we can look it up
    (that helps us to know it is a real event!)
  • Let us know what our donations will be used for- auctions, prizes, raffles, etc.
    (otherwise when we see our coins pop up on Ebay we feel ripped off!)
  • What is the event for?
    (is this an event for a specific purpose, ie. children, new cachers, a city/state event?)
  • How big is the event?
    (do you anticipate 10 attendees or 100?)

People on here are amazingly generous and kind, but a little information goes a long way in getting people to help out!

Good luck on your event. :blink: