Is it possible to glue plastic to plastic?

I have a Lock n Lock that I want to glue a plastic dog to, on the outside, and place near a dog park. I've heard there are problems with trying to glue plastic to plastic. Has anyone here done it? I know y'all told me awhile ago to get the Liquid Nails roof caulk, but that's for gluing wood, burlap, or other disguising things to the Lock n Locks I think.

Thanks!

I have a Lock n Lock that I want to glue a plastic dog to, on the outside, and place near a dog park. I've heard there are problems with trying to glue plastic to plastic. Has anyone here done it? I know y'all told me awhile ago to get the Liquid Nails roof caulk, but that's for gluing wood, burlap, or other disguising things to the Lock n Locks I think.

Thanks!

Epoxy will do the job.

Epoxy may after several times opening the Lock and Lock come unstuck. I have seen several with magnets glued this way and the magnets came unstuck.

The way to prevent this is to drill a hole thru it and use an epoxy putty so the putty will ooze inside where it can be smushed and trap the plastic between. But then you run the risk of it not being 100% waterproof.

The plastic in car model kits is a different type of plastic call styrene. The glue for it will not work on the Poly ethylene used in food storage containers.

Any glue that is used on this plastic will fail after a while I'm sure. The problem is finding something that will chemically or physically bond to both surfaces and maintain that bond through rain, sun, heat and cold, Oh yes, and heavy handed finders. The lock'nlock plastic is a "non stick" variety so it has no bonding capabilities.

If I were to do this, I would be looking at a mechanical connection such as a couple of screws into the dog and then sealing with silicon. You could also use wire to anchor the dog to the top, again sealing with silcon.

Without seeing the dog it's hard to be more specific.

Any glue that is used on this plastic will fail after a while I'm sure. The problem is finding something that will chemically or physically bond to both surfaces and maintain that bond through rain, sun, heat and cold, Oh yes, and heavy handed finders. The lock'nlock plastic is a "non stick" variety so it has no bonding capabilities.

If I were to do this, I would be looking at a mechanical connection such as a couple of screws into the dog and then sealing with silicon. You could also use wire to anchor the dog to the top, again sealing with silcon.

Without seeing the dog it's hard to be more specific.

THIS, my friends, is the winning answer.

Epoxy... waste of time. I wouldn't give it a week (with real life handling) Model cement... fine for styrenes but won't do a thing for polyetheline/propeline type plastics. A mechanical connection is going to be neccessary.