eTrex Legend (Blue case)

I have a blue eTrex Legend and every now and then the trip computer displays the wrong max speed. I ride a bicycle for transportation and it'll show a max of 55.8 MPH, I'm good, but not that good or fast.

Hey, I have the same unit, and I set a record for speed-walking once - something like 893 mph.

Just a satellitical glitch... it happens! <_<

Hey, I have the same unit, and I set a record for speed-walking once - something like 893 mph.

Just a satellitical glitch... it happens! <_<

I can count on it happening several times a week. The only time I can see myself hitting 55+ miles is going down the Sunshine Skyway bridge which is illegal or teathered to a car. I hit 300plus miles in a friends truck.

Basically - the unit lost touch with the sats for a few moments and then caught up with your new location or The unit picked up some errant signal bounce of of someobjject and calculated an errant reading.

Mainly due to the poor patch antenna on the unit and lack of a high sensitvity receiver.

Basically - the unit lost touch with the sats for a few moments and then caught up with your new location or The unit picked up some errant signal bounce of of someobjject and calculated an errant reading.

Mainly due to the poor patch antenna on the unit and lack of a high sensitvity receiver.

Yep. I have a Legend and it happens sometimes.