Holding Geocoins.

The Penny_Drops

Decided I would grab and relocate a couple of geocoins from metro Adelaide.

Dropped them off in two seperate locations just before a caching event in the Fleurieu.

One cacher picked up both coins and some other bugs in and around the area, all seems good and they have been logged. These are the first coins I have removed from any of the caches I have found.

They just have not moved on... Is this unusal???

It is a month today !

Cheers

Mal.

I have held coins, sometimes, for up to 6 months...cause it's a long swim from SoCal to Qld. In most cases however when I picked up the coins I reference that I may hold on to the coin longer then the courtesy "month" as most accept. Where I have received an email "hey, what about my coin" a short reply along the lines solves most concerns.

Only one time I have had a coin owner complain bitterly. The coin was picked up by me in Tennessee when I was attending to family matters. The coin had a purpose "want to get to location X" which was like a mile away from my home cache in Australia. When I picked up the coin I logged that I would be going to Australia once I had completed business in Tennessee. Cacher emailed me a week later most rude and arrogant.

"Hey, you have my coin too long, drop it off."

:laughing:

I dropped it off at the next cache and karma got them...the cache was muggled days later and the coin never seen again. Cacher sent me another email "check on my coin" but I was already out of the state.

Disclaimer: my feeling is that you look to see who has it, how often they cache, if they are caching in their home area or away on holidays, and whether they have passed through a cache that could hold the coin. A month, to me, seems a little "early" to be asking questions.

As a side issue: as much as we would like everyone to abide by the same rules that we play by, some don't, and you have to accept that the beautiful coin you released, most probably will go missing. <_<

Decided I would grab and relocate a couple of geocoins from metro Adelaide.

Dropped them off in two seperate locations just before a caching event in the Fleurieu.

One cacher picked up both coins and some other bugs in and around the area, all seems good and they have been logged. These are the first coins I have removed from any of the caches I have found.

They just have not moved on... Is this unusal???

It is a month today !

Cheers

Mal.

Thanks for responding, it would seem I am concerned for no real reason.

My point of view was coins seem to move in and out of caches quite regularly and as soon as I touch one it just happened to slow down.

Appreciate your feedback I will just be patient.

Thanks

Mal.

I have held coins, sometimes, for up to 6 months...cause it's a long swim from SoCal to Qld. In most cases however when I picked up the coins I reference that I may hold on to the coin longer then the courtesy "month" as most accept. Where I have received an email "hey, what about my coin" a short reply along the lines solves most concerns.

Only one time I have had a coin owner complain bitterly. The coin was picked up by me in Tennessee when I was attending to family matters. The coin had a purpose "want to get to location X" which was like a mile away from my home cache in Australia. When I picked up the coin I logged that I would be going to Australia once I had completed business in Tennessee. Cacher emailed me a week later most rude and arrogant.

"Hey, you have my coin too long, drop it off."

:laughing:

I dropped it off at the next cache and karma got them...the cache was muggled days later and the coin never seen again. Cacher sent me another email "check on my coin" but I was already out of the state.

Disclaimer: my feeling is that you look to see who has it, how often they cache, if they are caching in their home area or away on holidays, and whether they have passed through a cache that could hold the coin. A month, to me, seems a little "early" to be asking questions.

As a side issue: as much as we would like everyone to abide by the same rules that we play by, some don't, and you have to accept that the beautiful coin you released, most probably will go missing. <_<

Thanks for the information, me being a newby just had some minor concerns.

Just going to cool my heels and wait for things to get moving again.

Thanks Again.

Mal.

Suggestions: You have the Flash Mob Event scheduled for Adelaide this year. PM the event organiser and ask them to put you in contact with one of the geocoin collectors. Buddy up to them, ask to see their collection, discover some coins, and if I may suggest, make a purchase form them. I see you have not many trackables in your list, get a coin and get it out there.

You never know where it will go. :rolleyes: