had a fun caching time today, 1 find

namiboy

i had to go out in the field to meet with someone this morning. i was about a half hour early and remembered that i put my old blue legend under the seat of my pickup after i got a new vista hcx, so i pulled it out, fired it up, then got on the website using my laptop to see if there were any geocaches around, found one that was supposedly within walking distance so i went for it and found it. i was very happy. got back in the truck, logged my find and went to my appointment. first time i ever did that and like i said it was a good time.

i had to go out in the field to meet with someone this morning. i was about a half hour early and remembered that i put my old blue legend under the seat of my pickup after i got a new vista hcx, so i pulled it out, fired it up, then got on the website using my laptop to see if there were any geocaches around, found one that was supposedly within walking distance so i went for it and found it. i was very happy. got back in the truck, logged my find and went to my appointment. first time i ever did that and like i said it was a good time.

The reason to never leave home without my GPS!! I did much the same not too long ago, but I had the info on my PN-40...end results were the same though!! A smiley and a smile on my face! :laughing:

Next you have to try finding a cache without your GPS using only the cachepage printouts to find the cache because it turns out that after driving twenty miles to a nearby town to go geocaching you left your GPS at home.

Hope I never do that again.

Edited by Luckless

Next you have to try finding a cache without your GPS using only the cachepage printouts to find the cache because it turns out that after driving twenty miles to a nearby town to go geocaching you left your GPS at home.

Hope I never do that again.

Google Maps is your friend. Especially for LPCs.