How do I receive email notifications of new caches?

JasonMeganRiley

There have been quite a few new cache placements in my area over the last day or so but I have not received any emails even though I have notifications set up

:laughing::o:)

Hi. You may want to check your E-Mail accounts spam folder. I know at one point I wasn't getting notifications and that turned out to be the problem. With Yahoo mail which I use all I had to do was click on one of the messages in the spam folder and indicate it was not spam. From that point on I've received every message. Good luck and happy caching!!! :D

Strange hobby for a skinhead??

Why would it be strange for a skinhead to be a geocacher? Are they not supposed to like things that other people like? Hopefully you find it ok that as a fat, balding middle aged man I'm acceptable to partake in this little obsession. It's been my experience that people that are the most unlike me are usually some of the nicest people around. Sorry I know this post is off topic, but I had to respond and put in my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, kiki_bianca said:

Any updates for this subject? There used to be a "Geocaching in..." Particular States, but I cannot find that.

Is a very very very old forum thread (13 years!!!). There are new ways of doing things now. Regarding new geocache alerts, I don't think that link exists anymore. You can set up notifications for new caches, and on the homepage click Newest Caches on the search banner.