Forthferalz Geoturtle Glass Geocoin

forthferalz

More than usual the 'proofing' stage has required a substantial investment in time and materials - I've reached the limit I set myself for this. The 'how to do the tracking' has been nutted out in theory (intellectual property rights apply!) but to put it into final practice is gonna take a dozen or so brave souls who can commit USD $20-30 venture capital to the project. Once i have the numbers you have the pricing and volumes - it's a chicken and egg thing)

You'll have to commit to prepay on the basis of 'you gets what forthferalz gets and no moaning' and cope with a handmade wait time of 8 weeks plus - this stuff is not made in china - not even the base glass! and I have in effect two mints to coordinate ( who have been ill or having holidays but never together! )

please state your commitment here if interested in jumping in. If the first run goes ok you get 'shares' in what follows.

Otherwise I now have a little bunch of untrackables to trade. pm if you want the trade option :anitongue:

please state your commitment here if interested in jumping in. If the first run goes ok you get 'shares' in what follows.

Otherwise I now have a little bunch of untrackables to trade. pm if you want the trade option :anitongue:

Mark us down, we would be interested in. Love the turtle one for sure, lizard is my second favorite. They turned out real nice. We have been waitting for a long time for the turn out on these

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Did you make these?

the design on the right of the turtle is mine, but I did not make the coin physically.

About the startup group - I think we have a quorum to start production.

Cheesey pigs

Sweetlife

smort78

kdv

vanelle

pabloturtle

bluemotmot

loridarlin

be aware you only get one "out of" the pair ie one of the ready made untrackable coins guaranteed for your investment. The trackable is on the 'drawing board.'

I'll go wake up wwc at hogwild.org and get final permission for a small pack of codes then draft up something you can sign in blood and after you cross my palm with silver it's on!

Edited by forthferalz

Sure! lucky last :o

list is:

Cheesey pigs

Sweetlife

smort78

kdv

vanelle

pabloturtle

bluemotmot

loridarlin

ernies

tooey

geogophers

re: Blue

no but it is a good one for photos the gold is my favourite but really hard to get a picture of as it reflects too much. and blue seems a wise choice for the swimming turtle design. "single" colour saves fussing also. the blue is not a plain blue - once you have seen the things in the hand you will know what the "colour shift" effect is like

Was there a price given for a non-trackable yet? I can't find that info to know if I can commit to one or more.

Things have been progressing if slowly :laughing: I've revised the design - the black will read as black the white is rainbow glass - bubbles would be occassional and unintentional glassturtle-coin.jpg

the pricing is looking better than a ceramic tiki :)

hi - dropped off a couple to Cheesey pigs at an event few weeks back so i could get some perspective on the things before billing those who have bravely volunteered their funds - well recieved by those who saw them :0 so those on my list will get billed this week. edit - investors don't panic the thing isn't due for like 2-3 weeks

She did indeed!!!! They are more beautiful in hand than in pictures, as is almost always the case! :laughing:

They do look like boiled sweets - I felt like giving one a test suck, but refrained (just) :)

Forthferalz is one VERY scrupulous geocoiner! She wont let them leave her without being perfect. I, on the other hand, was quite happy with the supposedly 'imperfect' ones :D

Excuse my not knowingness, But, just What does one get for the $20 - $30 investment?

Believe you'll find your answers on post #121

I read those post but it still isn't clear to me :) This will get us one (1) totally beautiful glass "coin" and . . . ? - I'm being genuine here and truly need to know-.

Thank you,

Fairyhoney

1. appologies to ernies - I missed his reply

2. have had replies from almost everyone thx!

3. USD$25 'you gets what forthferalz gets and no moaning' what forthferalz gets is the untrackable and "depends"

probably though not arthritis and frownlines from staring at the monitor

I would love to join, if there is an opening somewhere :)

oh geeze sorry for late reply guys.

I have bought 100 non-refundable codes but i am not sure how the final tracking came out yet so no one has been offered any for sale beyond the ten 'investors' who sponsored those codes and the glass until i get a pic.

So not too late but you'd better watch the thread if USD$15 for a coin is ok with you.

[/b]THIS IS NOT A RESERVATIONS LIST. but as we are heading into xmas you will want to know your budget. The mint will not be limited edition either except to say there are only max of 64 coins baked at this time with this glass so probably one per order in the USA as postage is not such an issue for you guys if there is more demand than supply. Pending enthusiasm I will then move into a type of pre-sale.

DO NOT send any money now!

I haven't got a firm price yet ( depends on how much glass is spoiled by the final run) but i think that is a safe ceiling.

Another test batch baking on different glass as well as the first run being etched.

thanks for your continued interest!

photo confirmation the tracking works on my

blog.

au-turtle2.png

Shown at life size about 32mm square/ 6mm thick

*USD$15 - these are handmade in the USA everything bar the bag but even that comes from a US supplier.

*If 100 coins sell we get an icon.

*LE Capping this design at 150 trackables on this blue glass and maximum of a 150 untrackables.

There are 40 coins underway on pre-order #1; 60 are in the works which will be taken on pre-order #2 when i have a photo of that back. As they are handmade by various glass artists variations will occur in shape, size and colour.

Successful bookings will receive a confirmation e-ticket. Purchasers of this turtle design will be notified in advance of any others and have pre-sale access.

You will not be invoiced until the coins are made. You will have 5 days to pay from invoicing after which a defaulters list will be posted to this thread. (I would like the option of decreasing the price and offering an untrackable so as the final pricing will be based on the number of actual orders so DO NOT preorder unless you are committed )

If you would like to order a track/untrackable set the price is USD$25 +p/h fully prepaid and non refundable*. send money by paypal to:seachange_au@netspace.comThere will be an unspecified delay on mailing the set as the untrackables will be made up only to order.

*In the event of a mint no show on the untrackable, the trackable alone will be sent and the $10+ any postage difference refunded. Orders for sets will take priority over unpaid bookings.

BOOK ON THE blog NOT IN THIS THREAD

Edited by forthferalz