Palm Or Blackberry

Hi, ok I looked but didn't find the answer to this: I have anew Palm centro that I got with my verizon upgrade. I have 30 days to either keep it or trade it, so I am thinking about trading it for a Blackberry, curve or what ever, is there a big enough difference between the 2 that I should even bother. This is the first smart phone I have had so I really don't know which is better. I have cachemate and it is ok and was wondering if cacheberry is alot better or about the same. Any info would help. I don't really need it for the gps but for paperless .I under stand Blackberry verizon isn't supported, but the Centro doesn't have a gps funtion either. I have a Garmen legend HCx for that. Thanks for any info on this.

PalmOS is dead. Are you sure you want to hang onto a "new" device that's already been EOL'd? http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/41429/140/

I'm guessing you got that phone free or nearly so, because Verizon's trying to dump their stockpile.

wow, thank you I hadn't heard that. So guess I will go with the blackberry

I used Palm products for years. My last one was a Treo 750. Liked it very much, but about 2 months ago I got a Blackberry Curve. I love it!!! More stable than the Treo. Push email and access to the Internet is super. Cacheberry is great, and their fourum is super friendly to "newbies". I use the Blackberry for paperless caching and my Garmin Vista HCx to find. I like the combination. Oh, I forgot to mention that the Blackberry forums are very helpful, and especially Crackberry. My advice....Go...don't walk, but run to the Verizon store and get the Blackberry Curve.

OldA'sFan

Thank-you, I just got off line with verizon and I didnt realize I would need the data package to use it. Say I bought a blackberry off Craigs list or ebay do I need to have the data package then. I know this is probley a stupid question, but I don't know

Yes you will need the data package.

I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 with Cacheberry loaded on it. I found my first 125 caches in 30 days. I don't think I will bother even looking at a dedicated GPSr.