Are there any really hard caches in Arizona?

DSA@JSA

Like caches in a sewer or something.

As a fairly frequent visitor to AZ, I can tell you that there are a number of high-terrain caches in AZ that require long hikes across hot desert or ling hikes across hot desert plus some hill climbing/scrambling. However, as far as REALLY extreme Terrain 5 caches such as caches (or info stages) in/on storm drains, remote islands, abandoned towers, abandoned RR bridges over river gorges, in boiling volcanic mudpots, or deep in caves located high on a cliff, I simply have no idea for sure, but I have certainly never encountered any in my Pocket Query (PQ) searches for extreme caches in AZ prior to any of my trips, nor have locals in AZ ever advised me of any.

If you do want weird extreme 5/5 caches of the type which you have mentioned, please feel free to visit the Frederick, MD area someday and do my Psycho Urban Cache series!

What's hard about a cache in a sewer?

We don't have sewers in Arizona. It's so dry that the, um, subject matter is instantly dessicated and turns to powder that to be swept away with a little whisk broom. (If it doesn't catch fire first.) A vacuum system takes care of it from there.

What's hard about a cache in a sewer?

ummm, getting good reception comes to mind...

Yes.

And, I suspect that the OP meant "storm drain", not "sewer", as true sewer caches are largely impossible for a number of legal and ethical reasons. Some storm drain caches can be quite challenging, unless you like crawling on your belly in the dark with your arms stretched out front of you, wiggling like a snake to even move, in a filthy, wet, smelly and spider-infested underground concrete tube that is aarely large than a garden hose. And, did I mention the rabid porcupines and skunks that live in the pipes? Or the broken glass on the "floor" of the pipe?

I found on on an island here in Arizona. The cache wasn't hard to locate ON the island, but you couldn't pull in your boat (no beach) without a second person holding it from drifting away.

Then, you had to scramble up a split granite boulder, over a tree, and then find the cache. Is THAT what you're looking for?