Map removal on a 60Cx

Ok, I am sorry if this has already been addressed or that somehow I missed something during my searches and didn't use the right keywords during my searches.

When I got my 60Cx I left it alone and used it with the factory settings. Then I decided to add the City Navigator maps but in a recent move, I lost the product key. I then went on to d/l Ibyscus only to find out I didn't like it. I finally got City Navigator on my computer and my microSD card but Ibyscus is not allowing me to view the City Navigator maps on the card. I have done through to deselect all the Ibyscus maps but yet they still show up.

I have tried to find how to do a factory reset in the 60's manual with nothing in there on how to do it or how to remove maps. If someone can please inform me of how to remove the maps or do a factory reset, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

Ok, I am sorry if this has already been addressed or that somehow I missed something during my searches and didn't use the right keywords during my searches.

When I got my 60Cx I left it alone and used it with the factory settings. Then I decided to add the City Navigator maps but in a recent move, I lost the product key. I then went on to d/l Ibyscus only to find out I didn't like it. I finally got City Navigator on my computer and my microSD card but Ibyscus is not allowing me to view the City Navigator maps on the card. I have done through to deselect all the Ibyscus maps but yet they still show up.

I have tried to find how to do a factory reset in the 60's manual with nothing in there on how to do it or how to remove maps. If someone can please inform me of how to remove the maps or do a factory reset, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

If you registered your products with Garmin, you should be able to look at your products with the keys.

Since the maps are loaded to the microSD card. So look on the card for the .IMG file and move it off the card.

Then recompile your mapset in MapSource including only the map tiles from City Navigator and sent that mapset to your microSD card.

I hooked up to the unit using USB Mass Storage setting and only shows the Garmin folder and img file. So apparently the Ibyscus files are on the unit and not the card.

Maps are stored only on the card, in one single .img file. Nothing but the basemap is stored in the unit itself. Any time you send a map to the unit, it overwrites whatever was already there on the card. Go back into Mapsource and again send [only] CN files to the GPS; this will wipe the Ibycus maps from the .img file and you will be left with only CN.

AFAIK a master reset won't touch anything on the card.

Maps are stored only on the card, in one single .img file. Nothing but the basemap is stored in the unit itself. Any time you send a map to the unit, it overwrites whatever was already there on the card. Go back into Mapsource and again send [only] CN files to the GPS; this will wipe the Ibycus maps from the .img file and you will be left with only CN.

AFAIK a master reset won't touch anything on the card.

Ok, thank you so very much. :)