True or False

cachensfun

False! But I have gone out early in my jammies to get a FTF right down the street knowing that NO ONE ELSE would be out that early - only to discover that it has already been found AND there are other cachers here as well as friends they want to introduce to geocaching (and some of it addicts).... and they took a picture and posted it to the cache page....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...65-6500834117cc

The next poster has introduced someone new to caching and they are addicted too!!!

True. I have been lucky enough to introduce several new people to caching who got addicted...though, I think they'd probably like to kill me for it!

True or False: The next cacher has shown up to work covered in mud from an FTF hunt on the way to work.

False, sort of. I've not hunted a FTF, but have hunted a cache on my lunch break and returned to work covered in mud. Twice actually.

t/f. The next cacher has at least a dozen finds using only an automotive GPS.

The next cacher has gone for a FTF at 1 or 2 in the morning...

False. I have gotten new cache notification emails late at night but the last one was in a cemetary. In Michigan cemetaries are closed from dusk to dawn by state law.

The next cacher has called in sick in order to go after an FTF.

False I am new and never had a FTF plus no need now as I am also retired

The next Cacher as words of advice for a old newbie

True-Remember that we (Geocachers) need to keep geocaching a good name to hear.Lets not make a bad reputation so people that don't geocache say "thous geocachers are nothing but trouble".

True or False-the next cacher has found a multi without finding the first stage. True story

True or False-the next cacher has found a multi without finding the first stage. True story

True! I thought a puzzle cache was hidden in a rock wall (the hider had used the spot before for another cache and tended to reuse his old locations), and while searching I did find a cache. It wasn't the puzzle cache, but it was the final to a multi hidden by a different cacher.

True or false: once the next cacher has solved a puzzle, if they don't/can't go right out and find it, it really bugs them.

Very True!!!

True or False: The next cacher to post has gotten chewed out and "grounded" by their spouse for a weekend due to caching too much and spending very little time with family? (been there, done that)

false, no spouse to ground me, but i do have friends that are wary of taking trips with me knowing that i have a tendency to wander unknown roads and take twice as long to get there.

the next cacher has either looked for that nasty muncie :unsure: "mean streak" :((GC12Z46) or had planned on going before it's year long DNF track record was broken.

Very True!!!

True or False: The next cacher to post has gotten chewed out and "grounded" by their spouse for a weekend due to caching too much and spending very little time with family? (been there, done that)

false, no spouse to ground me, but i do have friends that are wary of taking trips with me knowing that i have a tendency to wander unknown roads and take twice as long to get there.

the next cacher has either looked for that nasty muncie :laughing: "mean streak" :lol:(GC12Z46) or had planned on going before it's year long DNF track record was broken.

False, i live 211 miles away and can't ride my bike there B).

The next cacher below me has gone to the same cache twice (not your own) and logged it in the log book and saw that your already posted about it.

False, that has not happened to me... yet.

True or False? The next cacher has left their house at an ungodly hour to get an FTF on a newly-posted cache near their house...

Very True!!!

the next cacher has either looked for that nasty muncie :huh: "mean streak" :anitongue:(GC12Z46) or had planned on going before it's year long DNF track record was broken.

False, i live 211 miles away and can't ride my bike there :laughing:.

The next cacher below me has gone to the same cache twice (not your own) and logged it in the log book and saw that your already posted about it.

The next cacher has found a hide that involved a fishing pole? I have and it's my favoite one.

Nope, no fishing poles needed to catch a cache yet. Only when we go fishing... which is hardly at all now, since we became addicted to geocaching.

The next cacher to post has gotten their vehicle stuck in mud while caching out on a rural country road.

The next cacher to post has gotten their vehicle stuck in mud while caching out on a rural country road.

False, haven't gotten stuck, but have certainly traveled many rural roads that we otherwise wouldn't have ever been on.

T of F, the next cacher has completed a Wherigo cartridge and found the cache at the end!

True. We have a compass and map almost all of the time.

We got stuck in a cemetery once. Had to shovel some gravel under the wheels but still didn't get the car out. Someone that was there for family came and helped push us out. That was real nice of them.

True or False, The next cacher to post has found out that they had relatives that have been geocaching for years but neither new each other were.

Edited by cachensfun

FALSE!

The next person has had to use special equipment to find a cace.

True, if you count gardening gloves, a flashlight and a pokey stick.

Cache was under wet leaf mould in the woods. Yech! Also, gotta love those 'open tupperware inside a rotting log' caches. ;)

The next cacher has gotten injured while trying to find a cache.

The next cacher has ask for new travel bug tags for special holidays.

False but for a Christmas present I did ask my daughter to give me 4 weekends that she would babysit her younger brother so that I could go away caching (she did too)

The next cacher has gone for a FTF at 1 or 2 in the morning...

False, havent gone for any ftf... we are still beginners currently 81 with 1 hide.

t/f You (and the family) out at a park and adult activites were taking place in a vehicle parked in the lot, but that didnt distract you from getting your cache?

t/f You (and the family) out at a park and adult activites were taking place in a vehicle parked in the lot, but that didnt distract you from getting your cache?

False

True or False

You have been night caching in a strange town when a local LEO not only stopped to ask what you were doing, but actually found the cache for you.

False. All of my attempts reaching into trees have been on solo hunts. Sadly the cache has always been somewhere else. ;)

True or False - You've had encounters with other cachers where you pretended to be just a muggle (and quietly observed them! :D )

False - - We send our 6 and 8 year olds up the trees for us. :D

True or false: The next cacher to post believed they were immune to poison ivy before becoming a geocacher . . . :blink:

False...didn't think I was immune, but never got it until I started caching.

T/F The next to answer is an Earthcache master (any level Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum)?

True or False - You hate to admit it but you use the hint from time to time.

False--I don't hate to admit it. I do use the hints, when I can remember them, but sometimes I go "blind-caching," only the name on the gps, no clue as to what it is. That's when it's the best!

True or False - The next cacher to post has had to build a make-shift ladder out of items in their vehicle to get a cache more than 8 feet off of the ground :) (and worried that then neighbors were calling the cops!)

False. Never had to build a "ladder", but had to concoct some interesting tools to reach caches before. Duct Tape is your friend!

True or False: The next cacher to post has spent the night at a total strangers house, but, it's okay, because that person was a fellow cacher.

True or False: The next cacher to post has spent the night at a total strangers house, but, it's okay, because that person was a fellow cacher.

Somewhat true: The fellow cacher is also my mum, and I'll stay at her house when I go out to Vegas.

T/F: The next cacher has planned a youth-group even around getting some un-found caches.

Somewhat true: The fellow cacher is also my mum, and I'll stay at her house when I go out to Vegas.

T/F: The next cacher has planned a youth-group even around getting some un-found caches.

False!

The next pearson has found only one geocache so far.

The next cacher found a geocache before it was muggled and disabled.

TRUE.. there have been a few. Which is why I like to put my finds on a watchlist until the next person finds it, so that I know it wasn't my fault that it was muggled! :anibad:

T/F: The next cacher plans vacations around available geocaches in the area they are visiting?

I find that even when visiting people they are just glad you are there and dont think or know about some really cool places to see. We live in Washington and we drove to the inlaws in Winchester, In and stopped for caches in every state. And when we were there we were able to show them some cool things in the area and get a few earthcaches also.

T/F The next cacher has caching friends that say they are soooo hooked on caching but hardly ever go out caching.