Good news coin sale

RedShoesGirl

much to my dismay i have had to list several of my "keeper" coins on e-bay in order to raise enough $$ to have my ride's engine rebuilt.

you know things are rocky if i am selling a tranquility as i have always given them away or traded.

tranquility, the trickster

3343783886_7bf0dbbc87_o.jpg

tranquility trickster

and the following two coins were donated to the cause:

the amazing rainbow bridge two-tone:

3341821196_d257e2b593.jpg

rainbow bridge

whale trail gold designed by tsun:

3341821282_83bcde2c98_o.jpg

whale trail

and for those who have asked, here is walter — in the winter!

3117390834_ed0645ca17_o.jpg

thanks for taking a look everyone!

i read the guidelines and i think i have done this right!

rsg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

If I had funding myself, I'd help. That Tranquility coin is beautiful! In the meantime... Get well soon, Walter!

thank you! and yes, the tranquility coin is wonderful. prettiest and best designed coin out there. :) well, at least until i see the celtic tree of life and the new tengwar colours. those could push the tranqs off the top of my list. OH NO!

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

ahem...you need to ditch walter my friend hehehe j/k well kinda :)

bite your tongue! she is right outside and a sadder sight you have not seen. i can't ditch walter. she is family!

thanks for the bidding my friends!

rsg

Walter's a she?! ...caught me off guard! And again, if I had something in my paypal at the mo, I'd help out =)

no wonder walter has problems...you gave HER a boys name?? ROFLMAO! She's rebelling! I'm glad you took my ribbing in stride considering all you are going thru. I do truly feel bad for you and know its hardon you seeing the coins you are ebaying now and last week. Its tough to see it. Its not even me and I'm kringing at some of the things you are selling. May your ebay sales bring you enough to take care of poor walter. I might have to bid on a few of them too! Take care RSG.

Or perhaps Walter really is a "he" and is tired of being called a "she", and being a male he instinctively knows just what to do to cause the most hurt :rolleyes:.

It's hard to decide which is more forlorn looking - Walter (with that trail of footprints sadly walking away) or the poor old Dixie Inn in the background.

Nice coins, so I couldn't resist bidding on one. Hope it helps.

no wonder walter has problems...you gave HER a boys name?? ROFLMAO! She's rebelling! I'm glad you took my ribbing in stride considering all you are going thru. I do truly feel bad for you and know its hardon you seeing the coins you are ebaying now and last week. Its tough to see it. Its not even me and I'm kringing at some of the things you are selling. May your ebay sales bring you enough to take care of poor walter. I might have to bid on a few of them too! Take care RSG.

ok, walter is a girl. but a little 10-year-old boy named her. i told him that the car was a girl, but he insisted i call her walter. i haven't stopped laughing in 6 years!

lori, if you are cringing, i know you know what i am feeling. silly i know, but i get all teary-eyed when i look at the coins going out. i purposely kept my collection small and select so these are particularly hard to get rid of.

i keep telling myself, "just bits and bobs of shiny metal."

thanks belfry and cover!

lara

How much do you need to raise?

well, $3000 for the engine rebuild. i have sold coins and some jewelry i make - hmmmmm, $2400 left. i know it seems like a huge amount, but it is doable!

i am doing a story on taking the bus. bus to the market, bus to wally world, bus to post office. so this whole "no car" thing is an adventure!

but i miss my car. :rolleyes:

lara

How much do you need to raise?

well, $3000 for the engine rebuild. i have sold coins and some jewelry i make - hmmmmm, $2400 left. i know it seems like a huge amount, but it is doable!

i am doing a story on taking the bus. bus to the market, bus to wally world, bus to post office. so this whole "no car" thing is an adventure!

but i miss my car. :D

lara

How long is it going to take for you to get everything back to normal?

I really wish I could do something to help you, I feel so badly! Hang in there, my friend!

thanks roddy, i appreciate it. folks have been great with bidding. i am trying to finish up a bunch of my sig items so i can include those in the winning bid packages.

time to get a'listing again.

this time i am putting up the very beautiful 2007 gold aussie coin. i just keep telling myself we are closer to getting walter on the road again.

rsg

with walter still comatose i am continuing to sell my coins.

and now i am going to take offers for my entire set of tranquility geocoins. they have been activated but will be adopted over to the new owner. i figured i would offer them here first before putting them on e-bay. my set was the first complete set of all editions collected. there is only one other complete set out there!

the set includes the mythical and mystical antique bronze. i will not be breaking up the 38-coin collection.

please e-mail serious offers only.

thanks!

rsg

yeah i feel bad too,, you worked hard and im sure a pretty penny, and to have the only collectors set ,, thats your prize coin set. thats like asking me to sell my tengwars,,, forget it!! never! :blink:

have you looked into other options so you wouldent have to sell you tranqs?? :)

Oh!!! I am so sorry about Walter!

I am also sorry that you have to sell your beloved Tranquility collection!!

This sucrife means a lot my friend!

So you will not keep any tranquility coins in your collection?

Some time ago, you sended me as a gift, a tranquility coin! If you will not keep any tranquility coins for your collection, and since Ithat I know how much you love them, I would be glad to send the coin back to you my friend!

I wouldn't feel nice by having a beautiful coin as a gift from you and you end not having any of your loves in your collection!! :)

I hope the best my friend!

Edited by GATOULIS

Oh!!! I am so sorry about Walter!

I am also sorry that you have to sell your beloved Tranquility collection!!

This sucrife means a lot my friend!

So you will not keep any tranquility coins in your collection?

Some time ago, you sended me as a gift, a tranquility coin! If you will not keep any tranquility coins for your collection, and since Ithat I know how much you love them, I would be glad to send the coin back to you my friend!

I wouldn't feel nice by having a beautiful coin as a gift from you and you end not having any of your loves in your collection!! :)

I hope the best my friend!

thanks so much! i do have three extras so will not be totally tranquility-less. i am selling all of my coins, except the gifted ones and those are going back to the senders or are being gifted to others.

as one person mentioned in a PM, will fixing walter now mean she is never going to need fixing again? probably not.

i had the opportunity to buy a new car but i simply do not want to be locked into monthly payments again. walter is paid off, has 6 great off-road tire and some other improvements that i could not afford to put on a new car. she really is more than just transportation to and from work. i look at it this way, i am getting a new car, but slowly. repairing or replacing stuff on her as needed. i can do a lot of repairs for what a comparable new car would cost. :blink:

thanks so much for all the lovely notes everyone!

lara

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

well, i listed my last "extra" the trickster on ebay as well as some of the more rare tranquilities including:

blood in the ocean

3377002815_5c9b9cc656.jpg

blood in the ocean

german black forest - only 25 of these made, mint error coins —

3377001749_957766ece5.jpg

and my trickster friend:

3377817394_be2c4abb9c.jpg

and the world famous - blue is my world!

3377831050_7b54a62ce6.jpg

i am not sure if it is ok or not to put one of the links, so please, just delete it if not.

thanks folks for taking a look! with any luck walter-the-car goes into the shop this week!

rsg

hows the funding commin?? can you stop selling your coins now it killing me to see you do this. :laughing:

ah, dj that is so very sweet. i can not stop selling until they are all gone. the whole collection minus gifted coins are going up in the next two weeks. everything. it's the only way.

rsg

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

what if we started a help walter fund??

what will you do then(when they are all gone)? stop collecting?? start over??

RSG that really sucks!!!!

hows the funding commin?? can you stop selling your coins now it killing me to see you do this. :laughing:

ah, dj that is so very sweet. i can not stop selling until they are all gone. the whole collection minus gifted coins are going up in the next two weeks. everything. it's the only way.

rsg

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

stop collecting. i am keeping one trickster tranquility because i got to choose the colours, but that's it.

the hard part is photographing them all and listing them on ebay.

hey, it is ok. i am fine with it - mostly. it is just the way things are. work is forcing us to take unpaid furloughs so coin collecting is a luxury i can't afford.

the best help walter fund is ebay!

lara

rsg

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

stop collecting. i am keeping one trickster tranquility because i got to choose the colours, but that's it.

the hard part is photographing them all and listing them on ebay.

hey, it is ok. i am fine with it - mostly. it is just the way things are. work is forcing us to take unpaid furloughs so coin collecting is a luxury i can't afford.

the best help walter fund is ebay!

lara

if your still selling after the 1st (rent) ill see if i can help ya out . good luck RSG, im gonna have to close my eyes while you keep selling them..lol :lol:

Any ideas how to activate a particular geo-coin? I don't have the original paperwork and so it remains un-activated... It is an Ironman 1 2008 World Geocaching coin. Not sure who to contact to get this info.

Thanks,

Max

you will probably get better results by opening your own thread to find out who minted this coins and where to get the activation code.

sorry i can't be of more help.

lara

the good news is walter is heading for the shop. the bad news is the estimate is about $1000 more than the mechanic originally thought. depends on whether or not the "core" has to be replaced. with the way things are going, the first mechanic thought it was highly unlikely the car escaped without core damage. so i need to be prepared.

SO - back to ebay i will have to go. right now i only have two coins up, but one is the fabulous copper 2007 earth turtle, the round one.

before i list the new group this weekend i thought i would give folks here the opportunity to make offers on some of the more hard to find coins.

1) at the top of the list is the fabulous Rainforest Jewel V1 Black Nickel XLE. it has been activated, of course, but i will adopt.

2) another hard to find and hard for me to lose is The Real Adventurer, Two Tone — Black Nickel/Gold. this has NOT been activated.

3) The Real Adventurer, Two Tone LE — Foggy Silver/Gold. also NOT activated. too gorgeous, but, well, it has to go.

4) AND the famous Templar two-tone. this is particularly had to sell, but marco said it was ok. so here it is.

there german coins are just too wonderful. if you haven't seen them in person, you need to! :lol:

i will take offers until sunday morning, california space. and then i'll have to list them on the e-place. you guys have been so great, i feel like i would rather sell them here.

the tranquilities are all gone except for the four i am going to keep — hopefully!

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

well, we are at the point of really not knowing what to do with walter the car. as i sell off my collection to fix her i am trying to figure out if i should just try to replace her.

like many folks i thought i would NEVER get rid of my collection, especially my special keepers and presents from other coiners. but luckily my friends have all said "sell them if you need to!" so here we are.

this is the The Real Adventurer, Two Tone LE, Foggy Silver/Gold. this is such a WOW coin and i was able to make a trade directly with mambo for it. it is full of tiny details and the photo does not do the colour justice.

i would rather sell it here than ebay, so make me an offer i can't refuse! :laughing:

3434185769_8a39805a1b_o.jpg

please check out my coins on e-bay and bid if you see something you like. there is a larger group being listed starting at 4 PST this afternoon, plus a bunch that are finishing up this morning.

tengwar red/gold

thanks everyone, especially for your patience as i continue to battle through this.

rsg