Barrel of Monkeys - Group Project

CacheAddict.com

Monkeys!!!

monkeys.jpg

We have all heard of the 'barrel of monkeys' game, where the monkeys all hang and swing from each other. Well here it in in geocoin form!!!

You now have a chance to get your own barrel of monkeys. Pick a color to personalize your monkeys. Reservations will be taken until March 20. Invoices will be sent out after that and all orders paid for by March 31 will be sent to the mint. It takes about 4 weeks production. Orders of 25 monkeys will be $200.00, minimum order of 25. Colors will only be used once, so first come first serve.

41mm x 26mm, 3.0mm thick, Soft Enamel with 3 fill in colour on front + no colour on back, Nickel plated, engraved letter on back.

All orders of 25 monkey ship in a unique container. Bet you can't guess what it is...

Monkeys!!!

*back is flat with tracking info

Edited by CacheAddict.com

Are these going to be trackable at Geocaching.com

Monkeys!!!

monkeys.jpg

We have all heard of the 'barrel of monkeys' game, where the monkeys all hang and swing from each other. Well here it in in geocoin form!!!

You now have a chance to get your own barrel of monkeys. Pick a color to personalize your monkeys. Reservations will be taken until March 20. Invoices will be sent out after that and all orders paid for by March 31 will be sent to the mint. It takes about 4 weeks production. Orders of 25 monkeys will be $200.00, minimum order of 25. Colors will only be used once, so first come first serve.

All orders of 25 monkey ship in a unique container. Bet you can't guess what it is...

Monkeys!!!

*back is flat with tracking info

One has to ask. Did Milton Bradley/Hasbro give permission to copy their game?

I hope they have asked.

I have been working with Hasbro on some Geocoin approvals.

My request have made it to the final desk for approval and it should be any time i get the final answer.

This was one i was looking into but i did not submit this to there lawyers with the other request for copyright use.

It takes a few weeks through there lawyers to to get the request to go through but it is worth it if it does.

I like the coins though and i would love to buy some after they are made.

Good luck

UM

monkey.jpg

monkeychain.jpg

Designed in 2007 by me, to be a group project even, and didn't I share this art with you once?

*Edit - Look I had even brought it to the forums!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...9&hl=monkey

but this design looks almost like a direct copy of the game monkey and the new version is too close to be an original design. i gotta agree with eartha on this one. hope you folks got all the correct permissions lined up.

BarrelOfMonkeys2.jpg

UM

monkey.jpg

monkeychain.jpg

Designed in 2007 by me, to be a group project even, and didn't I share this art with you once?

*Edit - Look I had even brought it to the forums!

but this design looks almost like a direct copy of the game monkey and the new version is too close to be an original design. i gotta agree with eartha on this one. hope you folks got all the correct permissions lined up.

BarrelOfMonkeys2.jpg

Mine never got produced, or rather had not been yet.

... and didn't I share this art with you once?

At no point did you share the artwork with me. In fact this is not even my artwork, a customer brought the idea to me.

If I had someone share an idea I would not use it unless I had a conversation with them. In most cases I would even offer them some coins, even if they said not to worry. This I have done already.

Mike

Very cute, I love his face. But a bit steeper priced than the last group project I participated in...what are the dimensions? And do you have a picture of the back? Is the color on the front the only personalization, or is there a line for text on the back?

Something to think about... they're really cute.

At no point did you share the artwork with me. In fact this is not even my artwork, a customer brought the idea to me.

If I had someone share an idea I would not use it unless I had a conversation with them. In most cases I would even offer them some coins, even if they said not to worry. This I have done already.

Mike

it is only my two cents, but since this can not be construed as an "original" idea in any sense of the word, it is possible that more than person had the idea to copy the monkeys — making a geocoin.

rsg

Mike

it is only my two cents, but since this can not be construed as an "original" idea in any sense of the word, it is possible that more than person had the idea to copy the monkeys — making a geocoin.

rsg

I would agree, I read into the post that I took the idea based on some discussion we had. That is not the case at all.

showtopic=169439&hl=monkey]forums[/url]!

BarrelOfMonkeys2.jpg

TOO bad we couldn't do the bottom right guy. Now THAT would be different :laughing::o

maybe you missed the questions, i'll try again....

Very cute, I love his face. But a bit steeper priced than the last group project I participated in...what are the dimensions? And do you have a picture of the back? Is the color on the front the only personalization, or is there a line for text on the back?

Saw this on the website (when I clicked on "MONKEY" in the first post...

"41mm x 26mm, 3.0mm thick, Soft Enamel with 3 fill in colour on front + no colour on back, Nickel plated, engraved letter on back. Tracking information will be on back."

Unfortunately, there is no picture of the back. Ya kow what would be cuter than the Tazmanian Devil "monkey"? Signal the Frog!

Saw this on the website (when I clicked on "MONKEY" in the first post...

"41mm x 26mm, 3.0mm thick, Soft Enamel with 3 fill in colour on front + no colour on back, Nickel plated, engraved letter on back. Tracking information will be on back."

Unfortunately, there is no picture of the back. Ya kow what would be cuter than the Tazmanian Devil "monkey"? Signal the Frog!

Thanks Dressel Dragons! I'd clicked on it, but somehow missed the size info!

MIke... Did you mean to write "letters" or is it a single letter? Is it personalizable, or common?

an original idea? could be debated... I had thought about a barrel of monkey coin sometime last year and had never read any thread on it before... but then I figured I'd run into trouble with copyrights...

...I like the taz, but not too family friendly...

How about these...??

980c0de5-36fd-455d-af9a-59bae1f788a3.jpg

...of course I'm in the same boat as gardengorilla at the moment and have a personal project I'm saving for... guess I'll have to pass on this group project... maybe next time...

...of course I'm in the same boat as gardengorilla at the moment and have a personal project I'm saving for... guess I'll have to pass on this group project... maybe next time...

...I guess I'll have to do the responsible thing too, hahaha since I've got a personal project too :laughing:

ohhhhhhh, but they're soooooo cute, ack. today is the deadline to decide, isn't it??! Hopefully, I can trade for one of them down the road (unless I change my mind last minute :D)

edit to add: any decisions on whether a caching name will be added?

Edited by ThirstyMick

...I guess I'll have to do the responsible thing too, hahaha since I've got a personal project too :blink:

ohhhhhhh, but they're soooooo cute, ack. today is the deadline to decide, isn't it??! Hopefully, I can trade for one of them down the road (unless I change my mind last minute :))

edit to add: any decisions on whether a caching name will be added?

Still working with the mint on the caching name. will be limited in letters or two lines. I should have it figured out by Monday or Tuesday.

DEADLINE EXTENDED!