Someone Stole My Coin

dorcaf

:( My Pirate's Booty geocoin was taken from a cache in November and the person still hasn't moved it along. I have sent several emails to the individual with no response. Is there anything I can do in these situations? My kids are really disappointed. This was our first (and probably our last!) geocoin. Cushetunk Cachers

It looks like the person who has your coin, joined geocaching in November, found 4 caches, and has not found another one or even logged into the geocaching site since then. There is a good chance that this person tried caching, and didn't like it. If this is the case, there is a very good possibility you will not get your coin back into circulation through a cache. You could send an email asking the person to mail your coin back to you and offer to pay postage (about $2). If that doesn't work, there isn't much else you can do.

The person who picked up your coin is a new cacher who lives in Nova Scotia. It's winter. Nova Scotia got a lot of snow this year, I'm sure. Be patient, don't pester them with emails, and when the time is right, they'll get out caching again. Spring is coming. A lot of cachers go dormant in winter. If you do have the urge to email them again, please keep it as friendly as possible. Don't send angry emails. You catch more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar. My advice is be patient.

Welcome to the world of geocoins...... This kind of stuff happens all the time and you have no control over it. Let it go and hope for the best.

As my grandma used to say, "if you're going to leave valuables in the woods, what do you expect???"