QR Codes

Tavisman

I have two questions...

(1) Are Groundspeak going to introduce QR codes on their travel bug tags (will greatly help at Geocaching meets!), and,

Probably not, z\since a TB code only has 6 chraracters, it will be more work to get your QC reader out, than to just jot it down with a pen (or even take a photo)

(2) Are there QR Code reader software available for Garmin Oregon's?

No; since none of the current GPSrs currently have a camera the changes of getting a QC decoder for them will be very close to zero.

(1) Are Groundspeak going to introduce QR codes on their travel bug tags (will greatly help at Geocaching meets!)

Wow, just when I thought the horde of people writing down every TB number in sight at events couldn't get any worse, you propose this fancy solution? :)

The whole point of events is for people to meet other geocachers, chat, have a good time, and exchange TBs. Not for somebody to camp out at the TB table and write down every TB number that passes by. :ph34r:

(2) Are there QR Code reader software available for Garmin Oregon's?

The Oregon doesn't have a camera. How is it going to read the barcode?

Aside from that, I think it isn't a bad idea. I understand that the iPhone has readers for them that will translate the code to a URL and browse right to it.