a question

emmagront

There is no prerequisit for number of find before you can hide one. What I HIGHLY recommend is that you hold off until you get a bunch under your belt. That way you can see the different examples and ideas out there. Many times inexperienced geocachers think they are putting out a super clever hide and show it at a high difficulty rate when in fact it is not.

You do what feels right I just suggest observe others for a bit. You will be glad you did.

-HHH :(

hi everyone!

could you please tell me, how many geocaches do I have to find before i can hide one?

Thanks!

In German speaking countries, often the number 50 or even 100 is mentioned, before one should hide a cache. I do believe this is a good (however *unofficial*) limit to gain experience about the nature of good caches.

hi everyone!

could you please tell me, how many geocaches do I have to find before i can hide one?

Thanks!

In German speaking countries, often the number 50 or even 100 is mentioned, before one should hide a cache. I do believe this is a good (however *unofficial*) limit to gain experience about the nature of good caches.

Thanks for your answer!

You don't need any finds before you hide a cache. Maybe if you place hides early you will be able to offer your own creativity. If you wait until you have 100 finds, you will end up hiding caches just like everyone else. Just my opinion.