What cache has the highest number of finds?

savant9

How about this one:

Original Stash Tribute 2,200+ visits:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...313ab&log=y

I believe that there are some locationless caches that might have more visits .

This is so weird, I actually came onto this forum looking for this very answer. Tonight, I was looking at caches near WDW and ran across this virtual that has been logged 2,289 times.

How about this one:

Original Stash Tribute 2,200+ visits:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...313ab&log=y

I believe that there are some locationless caches that might have more visits .

Yellow Jeep Fever and Skate Parks I believe were the to highest locationless with 1438 and 2034 respectively. The reason I list both is that Yellow Jeep Fever was archived by Groundspeak well before the moratorium on locationless caches. Had it been allowed to continue I'm sure it would have given Skate Parks a run for it's money. Unlike virtuals and webcams, the locationless were not allowed to be grandfathered and continue.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...62-4eca70ad99ec

this one was said to have the most finds at one time. Don't know if it's still true.

over 3,800 currently.

I wonder how many of those people actually went there, since it's such an easy armchair find.

My guess is about 30%.

On the other hand, I actually *was* there but neglected to search for "nearest waypoint" so didn't even realize that there was a virtual located there. I did find the other two traditional caches posted very nearby. I'll be back through there at the end of June and plan on finding it then.

I have a find on GE6D43. It was an armchair cache at the time. Here's the cache write up from my GSAK download when I found it;

To claim credit for this cache, all you have to do is to tell me, by e-mail, what is at this location.

You don’t have to send a photo or anything else. You don’t even have to go there. If you can find this unique and magnificent object by use of the web. . . well, go for it. It is, however, worth a trip to find this one in person. You won’t be disappointed.

I see it's been edited to meet the virtual=physical visit guideline in place now. But it, and a very few others, weren't published that way.

Too bad it's still on someone's "couch" list. As currently written, it's no longer a couch cache.

Ha Ha!

8219 finds!!!

I had a look at the most found cache in my home country, South Africa. It has had a whopping 228 finds! (We probably have less than a thousand active cachers out of a total population of 45 million people)

Actually, that's 8219 "found logs", not 8219 finds. From the description I could easily tell where the location of the virtual cache is supposed to be but I would imagine that very few if any of those that logged the cache have actually been there.

I found a cache in South Africa (Johannesburg) about a year and a half ago but it's since been archived.