Garmin nüvi 360 for geocaching?

I just found my first cache by accident (well, the dog did...), and so while I was aware of geocaching for years, I have decided to finally join up. Husband is delighted as he has tried to convince me we need a GPS system for the car for ages :(

He wants to get the Garmin nüvi 360, and it sounds decent for the price and I like that it has the paperless possibility and the MP3 plays to listen to while I walk. But from a quick read around here, it seems that while the nuvi is portable, it isn't really suited for walking/ geocaching? My geocaching will be limited to easily accessible caches for a while, as I have small kids, so I don't need one that can do huge mountains or deep forests, but I would like a GPS system that is good for both car and geocaching, ideally 100-150 dollars but will go up to 200. Sugestions?

I just found my first cache by accident (well, the dog did...), and so while I was aware of geocaching for years, I have decided to finally join up. Husband is delighted as he has tried to convince me we need a GPS system for the car for ages :(

He wants to get the Garmin nüvi 360, and it sounds decent for the price and I like that it has the paperless possibility and the MP3 plays to listen to while I walk. But from a quick read around here, it seems that while the nuvi is portable, it isn't really suited for walking/ geocaching? My geocaching will be limited to easily accessible caches for a while, as I have small kids, so I don't need one that can do huge mountains or deep forests, but I would like a GPS system that is good for both car and geocaching, ideally 100-150 dollars but will go up to 200. Sugestions?

Having found over 140 caches with Nüvi 205 I can confirm that the Nüvi is not as bad for caching as one may think. As long as you do "city caching" or at least not very far away from roads you'll propably be fine with the City Navigator maps. However the Nüvis do support Topo maps if you want to use it off road.

I'm using the "Advanced Nuvi macro" found in these forums and I've made my own custom vehicle that is a bit more cachingfriendly than the ones provided by garmin that you can find here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=213782

The Nüvi is a good starter and it's alwasy nice to have a car navigation GPS when you decided to move forward towards a real terrain GPS. I've just bought an eTrex Legend HCx to team up with my Nüvi but I'll still bring my Nüvi for keeping cache descriptions and do car navigation.

I've haven't looked at the specs for the Nüvi 360 but for the Nüvi 205 I miss the following:

- A real compass screen (not to be confused with electronic compass which I do not feel a need for)

- Waterproofness

- Better battery life (have never run out of batteries on my trips so far though)

- WAAS/EGNOS support for better precision (The Nüvi 2x5 seems to lack WAAS/EGNOS support)