Oh yeah, Oh yeah, I got my first caches today, woooohoooooo!

screamin'eagle

Today was my first day out with my new unit I bought (Garmin etrex legend cx) and I think I got the hang of it. Man o man, this thing put me ontop of each and every cache and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be, soooo much fun.

I have read where people have had issues with their gps not getting them close or would say that it was far off and wasn't, my answer to this would be to stop and let the thing determine where and how far, worked for me awesome.

I found 4 of the 5 I set out to find, and the last one I would of got to but the snow would not allow me to get that far :) . I will get it when the snow clears.

Well, I think I am hooked on this sport most definatley. :lol::lol::(

Thanks to all the experts here that help us newbies get started. All the information I read here was very informative and helpful during my first day at caching.

Thanks again,

Screamin'Eagle

Congrats man. Me and my daughter started yesterday and got 8 out of 9. We found 2 that our gps said we were 50 and 68feet from. We were in the woods and it was cloudy. I'm assuming that's what was causing it, but either way, we found them! It's definitely exciting.

Very excited for you! It is addicting.

You are entering the secret world of Geocaching B) for those at

work will be asking after you return from lunch,

"What's that in your hair? a stick or a leaf?"

"Your shoes are a bit muddy, where in the world where you?"

"What's that on the back of your pant leg, dirt?"

"Your jacket has pine needles stuck to it"

:):ph34r::ph34r: