Earth caches are stupid

puddin' trucker

I have wondered what's the big deal with puzzles. Its bad enough to have to learn geology for an earthcache, but some people want to make you learn programming, trigonometry, advanced navigation, or the enigma code. It interferes with my radius and fills up my ignore list. Someone should take a stand! At least with an earthcache I might get to see a rock.

Edited by Erickson

I have wondered what's the big deal with puzzles. Its bad enough to have to learn geology for an earthcache, but some people want to make you learn programming, trigonometry, advanced navigation, or the enigma code. It interferes with my radius and fills up my ignore list. Someone should take a stand! At least with an earthcache I might get to see a rock.

Thanks for not saying that ECs are stupid!

I spent 6 years including a one year internship in college solving enough puzzles and they didn't lead to a geocache. Most of my working career was spent solving human puzzles and there wasn't even a log to sign. At least with most ECs, other that finding the site (usually not a Wal-Mart parking lot), you don't have to spend an inordinate amount of time answering the questions. Besides, as you say, there's always the rock which is usually in plain sight!

P.S. Just because I/we don't care for puzzle caches doesn't mean there isn't a place for them. Even lamp post micros are fun for someone, so caches are like beauty, it's all in the eye of the beholder! I know it's darn near impossible to believe, but I hear that there are people who don't like ECs! :anicute:

so caches are like beauty, it's all in the eye of the beholder!

My calendar page for this month has a quote that applies

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

Confucius

It sure beats my quote. I cannot even site who I am quoting! I think it may have been Alfred E. Newman but I am not sure! I do know however that old Alfred liked ECs. :D

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge