Pocket Queries

LHollo777

I did 2 pqs around 12 noon pdst a new one has not ran yet, one of my regs shows it ran a little after 12

but I yet to receive it and im using gmail this is a first for me on not receiving pqs.

Hope they're here when I get off work at midnight

Edited by vagabond

Arrrrgggg. Pocket Queries are at best a 50% bet tht they will work for me. I often get one a week late, sometimes a day or 3. The quality of this service can be improved. This really is not a good thing for a premium membership, as this is the feature I am paying for.

This does not seem to be a problem of PQ being up or down - I often get one of two queries. It might be nice if a user could tell if the servie was down. No way to do that now.

Just got one that ran at 5:15 PM Frog time. The two that ran around 10:30 AM Frog time have not yet arrived - probably lost in what ever glitch that stopped them from being sent. Maybe the hamsters are eating PQs for extra energy due to the Friday crunch. :laughing:

I generated a "My Finds" query today around 1PM and am still waiting to receive it in my gmail acct. I have since generated other PQ's and have received them. Bummer that I need to wait for seven days to try this again. Wish I could re-download the "My Finds" GPX in the meanwhile.

I generated a "My Finds" query today around 1PM and am still waiting to receive it in my gmail acct. I have since generated other PQ's and have received them. Bummer that I need to wait for seven days to try this again. Wish I could re-download the "My Finds" GPX in the meanwhile.

Funny. It just hit the My Finds button and that one came right away, but my one from 10am this morning hasn't.

How do I get my PQ for caching tomorrow? I'm East Coast and want to go out on the morning. I usually load up the devices before I go to bed so I can just go.

Now, I'll have to pray I get a PQ sometime tonight then screw around in the morning loading 3 gps, losing time and losing FTFs!

I did 2 pqs around 12:50 pm pdst a new one has not ran yet, one of my regs shows it ran at 12:54 pm

I'm using gmail this is a first for me on not receiving pqs.

Hope they're here when I get off work at midnight

9:55am 4/11 Ok My Corona/riverside pq was generated at 12:54 pm It still hasn't arrived, probably lost.

My new query generated at 5:33pm and we received it at 5:33pm

Same here. Mine ran 2 1/2 hours ago and they haven't shown up in Gmail yet.

I hope we don't spend all day with the apologists trying to convince us that it is our ISP again.

I think that's a bit unfair to those who are trying to help others figure out what could be the issue.

As I said earlier, I use Gmail and know of 1 day when there were issues with Groundspeak to Gmail in the last few years. (And we know that some e-mail providers do have issues with Groundspeak, so that remains a relevant question every time someone complains about non-delivery.)

Sunday I had no problem with prompt delivery of PQs. (However I didn't run myFinds and note that someone with Gmail had trouble only with that one.)

Of course, every day can be a new issue.

I had 4 PQs run between 12:50 and 2:01 AM this morning (PDT). None have been delivered.

I suspect a general PQ e-mail issue today unless someone reports they have received PQs at another e-mail provider.

NO! It is NOT JUST YOU! I have had trouble for the last few days. AND to beat all the response I received when I wrote Groundspeak to inquire was flipant and very rude! Perception and translation is everything! And even after 5 hours went and I recontacted Groundspeak about the LONGER THAN USUAL DELAY which has now evolved into DAYS, I still have not received some of my PQs! Guess the economy is not going to get better anytime soon! Customer service drives the economy...when customer service is bad, FOLKS STOP GIVING COMPANIES THEIR BUSINESS! So, read and enjoy this very 'pleasant' response I received when I dared question why my PQs have not arrived. Semper Fi MAC!

"Hi,

PQs can take a little time to get to you. 45 minutes on a Friday, when there are a lot of PQs running is not a long time. You should get them today at some point.

Thank you,

Michael

Groundspeak - The Language of Location"

My pocket queries ran about 45 minutes ago, but I have yet to receive my emails for them. Normally, they are received in a few minutes after they are run.

Well, I am sitting here and STILL awaiting PQs that 'ran' visibly on my 'list' but I have NOT received them yet...they 'ran' on FRIDAY! 'Good Friday!'? Semper Fi MAC!

Groundspeak should hire a business manager, someone with expertise in how to deal with customers.

Naaaaah, they don't need no stinking customers anyway! RIOT at Groundspeak HQ tomorrow morning as they open their doors! Don't mess with a Geocachers PQs!

Same problem here, I'm using Time Warner's Roadrunner.com

It might be helpful if those of us reporting a "delivery issue" post the ISP we are using from now on.

Well, I do not believe that it is 'an' ISP issue. I ran my PQs on Friday from home up in Virginia (Verion DSL, and GMail) and then ran more down here in Florida (Windstream and GMail) and the results are the same...EQUALS Groundspeak problem! So many different PQ problems via so many ISPs and E-Mail services=Groundspeak problem!

Groundspeak should hire a business manager, someone with expertise in how to deal with customers.

At the same time, hire someone who knows how to go in and fix these issues. This problem seems to pop up every week or so and nothing is done to keep it from happening. But the Travel Bug mileage still doesn't update automatically and they claim to have been chasing that bug for years, so maybe we're setting our expectations too high.

Bruce

OpinioNate (in another thread today):

There was an issue with the email server not sending out some generated PQs, so those PQs are being sent out a second time.

Indeed. We should be catching up shortly. Raine will also post something soon explaining some recent improvements to the PQ generator.

6:52 PM Eastern time, only a couple of my PQ's that have run have arrived.

I know Groundspeak tries to keep "on top" of site issues, but PQ problems are probably one of the two "worst" issues cachers can have. After all, it's the ability to get the PQ's that most likely makes people pay for the premium membership.

Checked two new PQ's for monday. I checked them about 9:45pm or so. Now it is 10:30 and still have not run.

Edit: Rechecked them for tuesday around midnight. 1am and still have not run. These are brand new, never been run before along a route PQ.

Jim

Edited by jholly

My PQs seem to be running and hitting my inbox (except for the my finds that ran two days ago and I still haven't received) but the Caches Along a Route in my PQ isn't even generating. I set it to run yesterday early evening (CST) and it never ran and I set to run today just in case and the report has not generated.

OK, seems like the updates to the PQ infrastructure have really helped out, all my PQ's for the day were waiting in my inbox this AM. Thanks for all the work that's been put in to the system.

We will now pause for EMS to respond to Groundspeak HQ and various lackey residences to administer CPR to all the people who had their hearts stopped by someone actually complimenting Groundspeak for a job well done! :laughing:;):):mad: