NEW COIN: Dark_Onyx 1982 2009 Personal Geocoin "Fantasy Butterfly"

dark_onyx1982

The presales are over. The final numbers are huge! Here is the breakdown of how many will be minted.

340 Royal (polished gold)

290 Earth (antique copper)

271 Gypsy (polished nickel)

50 Artist editions

---------------

951 coins total

These little beauties should be fluttering their way to your mailboxes by the first week of December. If you missed the sale I will have about 25 of each of the editions myself for sale or trade. and the 50 Artist Edition will be available through trading and gifting only.

I cannot wait to hear feedback once people see them in person.

Wow! 1,000 coins! Is that a normal run for a coin or is it over the top? I know I have 4 of them coming. :rolleyes:

Honestly I am not sure. I have done several pathtags and a geotag, but this is only the second coin I have designed. My first one barely hit the 250 mark so I am very excited to see this design was so well received. Maybe some of the more experienced designers or even the minters would be able to give a better perspective of the numbers.

Wow! 1,000 coins! Is that a normal run for a coin or is it over the top? I know I have 4 of them coming. B)

Honestly I am not sure. I have done several pathtags and a geotag, but this is only the second coin I have designed. My first one barely hit the 250 mark so I am very excited to see this design was so well received. Maybe some of the more experienced designers or even the minters would be able to give a better perspective of the numbers.

An pre-sold run of 1000 is impressive no matter what standard you use as a benchmark. :)

I will have several of all four versions available for trade if anyone who missed the sale would like to trade. I will also have a few of the royal, earth, and gypsy editions for sale for anyone who missed the presale. Drop me an email if you are interested.

Off topic, i noticed the format of the forums has changed. Is everyone experiencing this? I am wondering if it is the antivirus i put on my computer.

yes indeed - 1000 is a noble number. it is also quite unusual for a coinsandpins coin to have its mint run revealed in full.

In the early days of GC.com trackables however i think the code requirements meant that was the standard min. purchase - although purchasing the codes did not mean one had to mint 1000 of one coin at once or even at all.

It may account for why most older personal coins are untrackable.

The mailman just dropped of a box full of fluttery butterflies. :) For those of you who ordered some for yourself, stalk your mailman.

For anyone I have worked out a trade with, I am going to get these in the mail to you over the weekend. I still have a few available for trade or sale. Email me if you are interested. ~Krystal

The mailman just dropped of a box full of fluttery butterflies. :) For those of you who ordered some for yourself, stalk your mailman.

For anyone I have worked out a trade with, I am going to get these in the mail to you over the weekend. I still have a few available for trade or sale. Email me if you are interested. ~Krystal

Hi Krystal, I sent you a email hope to hear from you soon. Glad to hear your fluttery Butterflies have arrived.

Hope you post pictures of the real thing. :)

Got my set today and they are very, very purty! :laughing: My favorite is the gold with bright colors followed by the silver with pastels & the copper with earth tones. :laughing:

They did not come in flips tho. :laughing: I wonder why not. :blink:

CF30

Methinks it's a cost cutting measure. Nonetheless the coin itself, whichever version, is quite nice.

Geocoins_flash_0672.jpg

Edited by Droo

I don't think they would fit in the normal flips.

The 2.75in flip fits quite nicely and the 2.5" is usable too.

ButterflyFlips.jpg

I have never see those Filps before where can you get them i have four Butterflys ordered.

hope i get them before Christmas

Fingers Crossed

LWM

I just happened to have some lying around but you can find 3x3 baggies HERE.

Yay! My first geocoin EVER! Truthfully though, I ordered this for my mom for Christmas, SO i better give it to her as intended. I was blown away by the detail and beauty of this thing. She will love it and I doubt it will ever touch a cache. I tried explaining the whole "collection" idea to her, but now that she sees this I think she will understand why some of these coins would be so hard to part with.

It has been a crazy week for me, but I finally have an icon into Aaron so it should be up soon. For those of you who asked about the flips, this is the response I received from them.

"I am sorry, I forgot to answer your question about the flips: This coin is 2.5” wide and the biggest coin flip made is for 2” coins."

I have a couple of other projects going on at the moment, and the holidays are upon us, but I have already started sketching and brainstorming for my 2010 coin. :) I am also playing with the idea of making a series of fantasy butterflies, seeing how well this design was received.

I got mine early this week and was ecstatic with them!

They looked even better in person than the pictures and I'm extremely glad I got a full set because, while I normally do not like over bright colours, the coloured ones are spectacular and now think I like the colours better than the earth one I originally was only going to just get. (I'm very new to caching and geocoins and this was the first coin I purchased for myself, so happy I took the plunge!) Had planned to keep the favoret colour in my collection and send the other two out to explore...Now I don't know if I want to let them out of my sight!

Wonderfully designed Dark Onyx!

It has been a crazy week for me, but I finally have an icon into Aaron so it should be up soon. For those of you who asked about the flips, this is the response I received from them.

"I am sorry, I forgot to answer your question about the flips: This coin is 2.5” wide and the biggest coin flip made is for 2” coins."

He's blowing you off on the subject. Other coin makers have provided 2.5" flips and even 2.75" flips with their larger coins. For someone whose manufacturing is fully financed by his customers he's showing very weak attention to customer service, IMHO. Sorry for venting.

He's blowing you off on the subject. Other coin makers have provided 2.5" flips and even 2.75" flips with their larger coins. For someone whose manufacturing is fully financed by his customers he's showing very weak attention to customer service, IMHO. Sorry for venting.

I am aware that larger coin sleeves are available. The question was asked on the forum and I shared his response to that question. I have always been very happy with my purchases from and minting experiences with CAP. I did not find the lack of a coin flip to be a problem, as I throw them away anyways but I understand some like to store their coins in them. For anyone who would like to share their concern about these coins not being in a plastic sleeve feel free to email coins and pins directly. I am sure they will be happy to resolve the problem.