NEW COIN: Dark_Onyx 1982 2009 Personal Geocoin "Fantasy Butterfly"

dark_onyx1982

I like the coin a lot. I was just curious how thick they are. I've never seen one with so much translucent area. I was just wonder how strong the coin is.

The coin itself is not translucent (suncatcher type), I am using translucent enamels in the color fill areas. The coin is 2.5mm thick. I used a zinc base metal as it is a bit lighter. Most coins use a brass base metal which is a heavier metal and due to the shape of the coin, especially the wings, a brass base metal would have caused the coin to warp during minting.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them

I am VERY excited!! I received pictures of the samples from Aaron at coins and pins. I have posted the pictures on my website.

CLICK HERE TO SEE BUTTERFLIES!

I really would like to see these in person before final approval on the coins as I may want to change a small detail here or there, but overall I am super stoked about the way they turned out. I hope you guys like them.

I am so glad you all like this coin.

About the AE edition. Bright Orange and Royal purple are my favorite colors and they look totally awful together most of the time. But I am determined to make the colors look funky cool together for this coin. It is a combination you are either gonna love or hate. So far I love the way it looks. The AE edition will be available only through trades with me. It will not be sold. I will be minting between 30-50 of them.

I am so glad you all like this coin.

About the AE edition. Bright Orange and Royal purple are my favorite colors and they look totally awful together most of the time. But I am determined to make the colors look funky cool together for this coin. It is a combination you are either gonna love or hate. So far I love the way it looks. The AE edition will be available only through trades with me. It will not be sold. I will be minting between 30-50 of them.

It's funny from the artwork I thought it looks purple and mauve, but I love the orange in the pics. I can't wait to add these coins to my collection. Truly beautiful.

UPDATE: After some serious consideration I am going to have the dies redone on these. There is one small problem that is just driving me bonkers. Because this coin is a zinc base the platings are having some quirky reactions during minting. There is a very large area of design under the enamel on the front of the coin in the upper part of the wings that looks grainy. You can tell i f you look closely at the pictures above..I am going to raise this design up flush with the top of the coin like it is on the back.

For those of you who have asked, you have not missed the sale, there will be a delay in that due to the reminting. I want this coin to be perfect. It will be worth the wait. Thank you for hanging in there with me.

Edited by dark_onyx1982