Take a Kid Geocaching Event

Two years ago, we co-hosted a Take a Kid Geocaching (TAKG) event. We had a lot of fun with the kids and thought that it would be great if we could get other folks to host TAKG events elsewhere too. We will be hosting another TAKG event on Sunday, June 14, and invite geocachers everywhere to host a similar event on the same day. What you do at your event is only limited by your imagination. If you are interested in joining us and hosting your own TAKG event, please contact either TMOCM or myself.

There will be an official event geocoin minted by Oakcoins for this multi-event. At GCF 2008, we ran a contest for the kids...all they had to do was design a geocoin based on the theme Take a Kid Geocaching. All entries were divided into 2 age categories, and judged by a very prestigious group of volunteers. Two winners were chosen...LittleLizard (0-7 year old category) and SpyrotheDragon (8-15 year category). Their designs will be minted by Oakcoins on the official Take a Kid Geocaching Multi-event geocoins. More information regarding the coin will be posted when it is available.

afda4cd5-9a62-4074-9978-ad398b565932.jpg

I was able to take 22+ kids out caching over the weekend.

I was given a chance to give classes about GPS and geocaching to the young military.

The Thunderbird Youth Academy are a youth group in Oklahoma that have a great teaching cadre.

I will probably be getting with them more and setting up many events.

You brave soul! I took out about 15 preteen girls once. When we started to the first cache, the girls were, well, wimps. "Ewww, there's a bug"..."Yuck! Spiderweb!"..."Ouch! I don't like these prickly bushes!" After we found the first cache, the girls were hooked and forgot about all of that "yucky" stuff. They were RACING thru the bugs, spiderwebs, and jaggers to get to the next one. LOL!

Got to have a moch battle of D-Day with some of the Thunderbird's this weekend.

It was a blast as we invaded the Beaches of Normandy.

I got to teach a lot about Position Reporting to them and the grown up's as well.

I was the Intelligence Officer for the D-Day Battle and anyone caught using Position Reporting got shot by the sniper(Me).

The Thunderbird's were as tough as any.

I hope to have a Geocaching event next year which encompasses the Geocaching and Paint Ball scenarios.

I have several promoters wanting me to work out the details.

My grandaughter's had a great time as well seeing all the females that were fighting.

They want me to get them into it as well.

We also have the World Geo-Gathering in a month at this same location as well.

GC1JE5R