Anal Caches

This thread is devoted to anal caches, and it is inspired by the recent thread entitled "Canal Caches", because, when I first stumbled upon that thread, I read the title too hastily and mistakenly concluded that it was a thread about anal caches. Luckily, once I started to reply, I realized my mistake and aborted the post with an abject apology. I later learned that two other posters to that thread had made the same mistaken assumption as had I, and so I have realized that there is likely a wealth of stories out there about anal caches.

And so, I have created this thread as a place where you may share your tales about anal caches. I will share a few of mine below.

The first time I ever heard of an anal cache was from my friend Lynn, CCCooperAgency. It seems that she had traveled to Texas several years ago for some kind of almost-mega-event (I am not sure if it was a GeoWoodstok, or a predecessor event), and at one point, she and a party of about six other geocachers from the event went seeking caches in the downtown area of a nearby Texas city. Lynn related to me a hilarious tale of how one cache turned out to be hidden inside a statue mounted on a relatively small park, really an elliptical pad of of concrete set in the middle of a wide city street, acting as a lane divider as well as a memorial. Well, the statue was a very large cast metal statue of a large bull (as in cow), and the cache container turned out to be a small ammo can which had been inserted up the hollow rectal opening of the bull. Lynn has told me more than once how she reached into the anal opening of the bull to retrieve the cache, while rush-hour city drivers passed her just a few feet away and looked at her in utter amazement, while her geo-companions (most of whom were locals and already knew about the unique hide) tittered (this was before Twitter, so I cannot say that they twittered...).

Then, about a year after hearing this tale from Lynn/CCCA, we had some geo-visitors at our home (we seem to have lots of geo-visitors from across the US/world at our home at times) from eastern PA, and this couple told us a very cute tale of their own anal cache find. It seems that they had been hunting an urban cache a year or two earlier in Philly or a nearby suburban city, and the cache turned out to be a micro hidden in the anal opening of a statue of a horse in a city park. From what they told us, it only gradually dawned on them that the cache must be located under the tail after having spent about fifteen minutes hunting fruitlessly for the cache all around the statue, and it apparently took the husband another five minutes to summon up the courage -- and only after nervously looking around the park to see if any onlookers were about -- to stick his hand in the rectal opening and retrieve the cache.

I have also heard tales of a similar hide in a concrete statue located in a small city park in Germany.

What was interesting and notable about each of these cases was that the people involved found their anal cache experience memorable enough to tell us about it a year or two later. So, it appears that anal caches are often memorable and humorous events for their finders, and this is a thread where you are invited to share your own tales!

Oh, and this is NOT a thread for rabid anti-anal cache fanatics to vent about the perceived evils of anal cache hides! Please do not vent such opinions here!

Have fun! And again, my thanks to the "Canal Cache" thread for accidentally inspiring this one!

We have a hide which could fit into this category, although it is not a statue per se. (I wish the statues around here were as "detailed" as the ones you describe! It would definately open the door for some great hides.)

People seem to really like it, although they sometimes comment how they feel funny putting the cache back! :)

We have a hide which could fit into this category, although it is not a statue per se. (I wish the statues around here were as "detailed" as the ones you describe! It would definately open the door for some great hides.)

People seem to really like it, although they sometimes comment how they feel funny putting the cache back! :)

Great stories. Really. Thanks. gwf

I was told a funny tale in this regard a long time ago by a cacher located in Denmark or Sweden. It seems that he had found an anal cache hide in a statue while on a trip to Germany, and so, inspired by that, he decided to emplace a bison tube cache one in a statue (I believe it was a poured concrete statue of a horse) located in a park in a nearby small town. Well, upon visiting the statue and investigating, he discovered that there was no significant anal opening, and so, he reported that in the wee dark hours of one morning, he arrived at the statue site with a battery-operated electric drill and a masonry drill bit, intent on drilling out a suitable opening. Apparently the town police happened upon him, busy at work, within a few minutes, and he said that he had a lot of shame-faced explaining to do to avoid being arrested. From what he told me, he never did finish drilling the hole, and thus he never did get around to emplacing that anal cache.

It would definately open the back door for some great hides.
definately sound like some places to put a fake pooh cache. Man imagine those feces.
You're not squeezing these out like you should be. You're close, butt you've left some behind. Doo you want to get cheeky? I wouldn't want to see the cache log on those!
definately sound like some places to put a fake pooh cache. Man imagine those feces.
You're not squeezing these out like you should be. You're close, butt you've left some behind. Doo you want to get cheeky? I wouldn't want to see the cache log on those!

I'm trying to restrain myself. I know if I get on a roll with this topic, I'm liable to be banished from the forums. I know my limits and am trying very hard to behave. It is not easy, I'm telling you! :huh:

I'm trying to restrain myself. I know if I get on a roll with this topic, I'm liable to be banished from the forums. I know my limits and am trying very hard to behave. It is not easy, I'm telling you! :huh:

lol...roll....hehe

This topic is disgusting and hilarious at the same time...but I didn't know that they made statues with anal openings. Are we talking about actual anal openings or do you just mean that the cache is under a tail or under a dress? If it's the first choice, I'm heading down to Central Park to see if I can find any. :huh:

This topic is disgusting and hilarious at the same time...but I didn't know that they made statues with anal openings. Are we talking about actual anal openings or do you just mean that the cache is under a tail or under a dress? If it's the first choice, I'm heading down to Central Park to see if I can find any. :huh:

Well, for the two caches to which I was referring in my first post, and also the similar one in Germany, it appears that the statues, for reasons to do with weight and expense of fabrication, were largely hollow, and thus there was actually an opening where the anus should be, allowing access to the hollow interior.

There's a trio of large bronze lions in a fountain, which is surrounded by three streets in Jacksonville.

One of the lions has his posterior extending just over a lip in the fountain. With a bit of proctology, you can extract a Lock & Lock.

Rumor has it, a legendary Groundspeak forum moderator had his picture taken while his arm was buried up to the elbow in the lion's backside.

70e6d048-e562-41f9-a15d-b72ac101bfa6.jpg

The Federation Must Pay!

There's a trio of large bronze lions in a fountain, which is surrounded by three streets in Jacksonville.

One of the lions has his posterior extending just over a lip in the fountain. With a bit of proctology, you can extract a Lock & Lock.

Rumor has it, a legendary Groundspeak forum moderator had his picture taken while his arm was buried up to the elbow in the lion's backside.

70e6d048-e562-41f9-a15d-b72ac101bfa6.jpg

The Federation Must Pay!

Is it my imagination? I would swear that lion has a grin! :huh::ph34r:;)

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong "anal" thread before, so I'm reposting it in the correct thread. :huh:

I used to have a cache similar to this, inside a piece of art in a park right by a city street. People had to put their hands in "interesting" places to look for it. Horsin' Around. I really enjoyed that cache, and was sad when I had to archive it.

Some pertinent cache logs:

I really enjoyed the art work, to some people driving by maybe a little to much.

It's tough to look inconspicuous at all here, but especially challenging while imitating a veterinarian!

I feel so dirty, like I've mollested the poor sculpture.

937aa188-58fb-4992-87f7-356197d210b8.jpg

c1486088-f313-495d-b380-591e44b0afe1.jpg

Perhaps the furthest cache from the Earth falls into this category. It is in the seventh planet out from the Sun. I don't even know how to express the coordinates.
That reminds me of an old joke:

Q: What does the Starship Enterprise have in common with toilet paper?

A: They both fly around Uranus and pick off Klingons.

Now back to the anal topic...

Perhaps we need a new cache type for these AC caches. Of course, we'd need a new icon. :rolleyes:

PLEASE do not mention even the remote possibility a new cache type and a new icon to go with it, else all the "collectors", that is, numbers-oriented cachers and the icon collectors, will start clamoring for the creation of the new category, and we will never have a moment of peace till the admins break down and do it!

"The first time I ever heard of an anal cache was from my friend..."

"Then, about a year after hearing this tale...we had some geo-visitors at our home...and this couple told us ..."

"I have also heard tales of a similar hide in ..."

Hey Sioneva-babybubba! Is you pondering what I'm pondering....why it is peopz travel hunderts & thousants of miles to Vinny's & do this? And even moreso, how does that particular subject get broached inna first place?? & repeatedly??? & why???"

Ever see the movie, "There's Something About Mary"????? You thinkin' sequel, too??????

You take this'n.....I'm awready on thin ice.

~*

There is a cache I found over the summer that is a bison tube, painted brown. It's hidden on/in a large sculpture of a bear. I found it in the first place that I looked, which, as you can imagine based on the thread that this is posted in, was the first spot others probably looked as well. I came real close to getting caught brown handed by muggles on that one.

"Then, about a year after hearing this tale...we had some geo-visitors at our home...and this couple told us ..."

Hey Sioneva-babybubba! Is you pondering what I'm pondering....why it is peopz travel hunderts & thousants of miles to Vinny's & do this? And even moreso, how does that particular subject get broached inna first place?? & repeatedly??? & why???"

Ever see the movie, "There's Something About Mary"????? You thinkin' sequel, too??????

~*

:(:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::unsure:B)

~*

Woo-hoo! I am gleeful! I have been waiting for someone to point out this bizarre aspect of Vinny's claims. I so wish that I were a fly on the wall and that I could watch Vinny's reaction when he reads your post! You REALLY got him! I wonder what he has to say to that? Betcha he is lost for a comeback! Can't wait to see!

oh...

uhh...

wait a minute....

oh...

uh... I AM Vinny.

oh.

...oopsie!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team